Mon, Oct 21, 9:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Poser 5 eating my pngs-HELP!!

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 7:42 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:44 PM

this is the case of the disappearing pngs.....i use the updated-as-possible verison of Poser 5 (at least i think i have them all), and lately some of my old pngs in my libraries have disappeared, and some new ones aren't appearing at all....what the hell, man?? any and all help is greatly appreciated.........

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 8:01 AM

Do you mean you get the shrugging man as when the thumbnail is missing, or do you mean the thumbnail pic doesn't appear?

If the latter, this is caused by having more than a certain number of items in that library folder. There is an easy fix.

Look in your Poser 5 folder for a file:
Runtime>Prefs>libraryprefs.xml
Open this file with notepad or wordpad.

Find this line:
LibraryPreferences curFolder="0" previewNum="100
(It will have brackets around it but I can't seem to show these in the forum, sorry)
Change the "previewNum" value from 100 to a higher value.
Save the file and exit.
Restart Poser.

Hope that works :-)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 7:17 AM

just in case, i'm posting here as well...the problem is pngs not showing up at all....no shrugging guy, naught but a little beige dot.....i changed the value to 300, then to 500, then to 1000...still nothing....should i delete the rsrs that are just sitting there, or are they inconsequential??? gonna try it anyway ;)

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 7:41 AM · edited Mon, 30 July 2007 at 7:41 AM

Don't delete anything!!!  First try reinstalling Poser and then changing the libraryprefs.xml like Karen suggested.

If you start deleting files, you may find yourself without working files period and having to reinstall a bunch of content.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 7:45 AM

How many .pz2 files are in that folder?

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 7:19 AM

well, i meant delete the rsrs from folders that have pngs and rsrs, for backward compatibility with Poser 4........and, let's see, i'll have to get back to you on that number of pose files...i've probably gone and made way too many subfolders being as i have stuff stored by figure, then categorized....let's take this one for example...it'd read something like runtimelibrariesposeV4MATSFoldername, "foldername" representing the folder that the files are actually in, usually still having the name that the original creator gave it....i have folders for characters, hair, texture mats, clothing mats, and actual poses, all subcategorized under V4.....then, there are subcategories under those categories.....stretching it out rather thin, huh?? but, as i said before, some pngs are still there, some aren't, and almost anything new i install shows up......nuts, isn't it???

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.