Sat, Sep 21, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: History of Your Avatar....

Gog ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 9:12 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:22 PM

file_384243.jpg

Ok, I keep looking at Kort's avatar and it reminds me of Bill Paxton (see the image!)  - Kort if you don't like Bill Paxton then no insult intended! :) It made me think about all the different avatars I see here. 

So much like the where are you from thread, lets have a history of your avatar. Is it you / what is it - did you take the photo when / where etc :)

Mine is a little fella nick named Doors Dude, he's from a series of animations I put together and I kind of think he's cute - especially when dancing in the animation! Made in 3DS Max.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

awjay ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 9:36 AM

yep its me.... taken on a modeling shoot by a photography student... j

astro66 ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 11:59 AM

Well, although it isn't actually me in the pic, I do wear an orange safety helmet with a visor and muffs quite a lot at work so that's where that comes from. As for the astro bit my no.1 hobby and passion since childhood is astronomy, although I've always been into photography as well as painting and sketching.

• Andy

www.natural-photo.co.uk

"Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships.  ~Ansel Adams"

natalieb ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 12:07 PM

Yep it's me... I renewed my avatar last week, the photo was taken by my boyfriend on 22nd July.
Usually hate to see myself on photo, but  thought this one was ok :unsure:

BibbyBear ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 12:18 PM

Yep, this is me and the shot was taken on New Year's Eve so is a little over 6 months old now. Like Natalie, I don't usually like my photo being taken, but I thought this one was OK, although the larger version of it on my homepage has been "glamoured" so I prefer that one LOL!!

Good thread - I also like to know where people came up with their usernames from too - some are obvious as it's the person's name, but some not so.... like mine - mine is derived from a custom made mohair bear I had made to represent my step-dad whose surname is Bibby - so the name of the bear was obviously... Bibby Bear - I just chose that as something different for my username because I was fed up of having to call myself something silly like "Chrissy35896"!!
Hugs
Chrissy xx

"I don't suffer from insanity,
I enjoy every minute of it."
:lol:
CCCD Photography 
CCC Dezynz

Gog ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 12:24 PM

When Chrissy35896 would have been so original? :)

My username comes from the days when video games only took 3 characters as a user name, my initials GJS just didn't cut the mustard so I started using Gog and it's stuck ever since.

Graham.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

3DGuy ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 12:27 PM

Being the nerd that I am I choose a figure from an adventure game from way back. Day of the tentacle :) Back in those days I was an adventure game addict. When adventure games were still cool. If you want to know more about this game, look here: DoTT

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

bobbystahr ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 12:32 PM

Me, playin at the U of Winnipeg..2006 spring/summer.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 1:43 PM

This is me, too. I didn't want to look at the camera. I was afraid I might break it, lol.  Seriously though, I am rather camera shy and the best photos of me are candid....which is rather hard to do if you are going to do a self-portrait, lol.

And my name, as I've mentioned here before, is evidence of my extreme geekiness, sigh. I adore puzzles and cryptic crosswords, etc.  I thought Margana, which is an anagram of 'anagram' ,kind of suited me, lol.

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 1:44 PM

file_384258.jpg

Neat idea for a thread! ;'] No offense taken Graham. Bill is a cool guy, but I'll always remember his as the a-hole Chet from Weird Science, hahah. Some people say I reminded them a bit of Kevin Bacon, but my wife doesn't see it... Maybe when he was younger -- and I was younger. ;'D Speaking of wife, she took this photo of me and I liked it, so decided to use it. It was also my profile photo for my IR tutorial in SNAP Magazine issue #4. I have all my old avatars too, could probably post a collage, heheheh.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

drag ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 2:02 PM

Yep it's me. I don't usually like photos my husband takes of me. This was taking on Thanksgiving.  Just doing some photos with me curling up in different spots. So I kind of liked it.  My username comes from a childhood nickname.  When I choice it I never thought I would be posting anything lol.

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 2:07 PM · edited Mon, 30 July 2007 at 2:08 PM

file_384261.jpg

Your wife took a great pic of you there, Kort.

Actually , the other night I was watching this rather crappy movie...Basic Instinct 2...and there was a guy in it I thought looked a bit like you, although perhaps a bit older. Oddly enough I can't find a pic of him that shows the resemblance all that well, but  anyway, this is him. ( David Morrissey )

Hope I didn't offend you. Like I said, it's not a great shot of him. :^/

Marlene <")

My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

awjay ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 2:10 PM

*lots of folkes used to say i looked like Sean Connery......

i was shaken but not stirred ;)*

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 2:15 PM

You look like him a lot now Jay! ;'] Thanks Marlene, I can see why you would confuse me with David, we use the same taylor. ;'P

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 2:31 PM

LOL! He's a bit overdressed for Fla I think. ;^)

I see the resemblance, Jay. Not too shabby being compared with Sean Connery.

The only person I've  been told I look like is Barbara Eden. Hopefully they don't mean the way she looks  now though , lol. ( Oh and Pia Zadora, but that was rather insulting, lol.  I try to forget that one...)  ;^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

awjay ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 2:33 PM

i dont have his lisp tho or his money lol

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 2:36 PM · edited Mon, 30 July 2007 at 2:37 PM

At least you don't get any Rowan Atkinson comparisons Marlene, heh heh heh... I hear ya Jay, though you could cultivate the lisp. Just practice saying, "Good evening Miss Moneypenny." over and over... ;']

awjay ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 2:40 PM

afraid

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 7:06 PM

Sickness! No warnings! Oh, indecent!   I suspect it is a mouse running around.

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 7:09 PM · edited Mon, 30 July 2007 at 7:10 PM

file_384277.jpg

Here is a decent history of my avatar stuff.   No, no mice running around.   I prefer native animals to me.  Most of these were gif animation files.       Tom.

The bunny is my favorite.

mrsparky ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 9:57 PM

Mr Sparky was my cat - we found him abandoned in the middle of a road as a kitten and nursed him back to health.    

When I was offered a free domain name by my hosting co. One time offer stuck for a name and Mr Sparky - a real character jumped up on the desk - hence the name of my site, and the user name on forums ever since.  

Sadly he got run over. Some builders had found him and did the decent thing.  Years later I found out that a group of teenagers had done the dirty deed because they thought was a fun thing to do. 

This litte guy was a real character, everyone loved him, friends still mention him now.  So my avatar has been never changed it, probably never will. 

Might be silly to some folks - but compared to some humans - give me a cat anyday :)

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2007 at 10:11 PM

mrsparky, I understand indeed and very well.  Thanks for this one.      TomDart.

jedink ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 12:03 AM

file_384307.gif

My avatar is a cell from m y favourite Calvin and Hobbes comic. I think this one sums up the whole series.....

alhak ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 12:05 AM

I could say  "yep this is me"  some people think I'm a bit of a cow!  lol
I just like cows, my  kids say that they are breeding here in my house, 
This lil guy sits at the bottom of my monitor, he's one of those wobbly head things

Cosine ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 1:50 AM

My avatar is me, doing what I do. It was taken at a local garden.

As far as the username, I've been Cosine since Trigonometry class in ninth or tenth grade of high school. I think Trig is still my favorite math subject.

olivier158 ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 3:12 AM · edited Tue, 31 July 2007 at 3:12 AM

yep it's me ;o) while i was taking a serie of autoportrait. Just want to show a little little part of me...

I'm not human, i'm a camera lolllllllllllllll ;o)

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 5:00 AM

I use a CHEETAH as my avatar I am obsesed with that animal. Sometimes I have a movie fewer and put my favorite movie star as an avatar, as you guys can see I am in a transfgormers mood at a moment...lol. I will change it  soon thou I miss my cheeties.

seeya  Tunde

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 5:07 AM

Yeah that's me over there <---- O_o well actaully it's not and I'm sure you ALL would have guessed that BUT now you're probably asking just what is it and where is it from? (some already know this so I'll keep it short)  ahhh something that lives inside my imagination... In the Certificate in Media Arts I just did I had to do some dumb paintings so I created a series of these strange characters..... Liked this one the most so took him it into photoshop and yeah.... About the 'short_ribs'..... AHHHH that's like from WWWWAAAAAAYYYYY back in Zimbabwe where some American hunters that  came to our place called me that and it just stuck...  Guess it had to do with being a youngster back then.... I really should do a 'me' Avatar but yeah don't know if it's worth the pain LOL.... BTW a cool thread  and makes for one pretty interesting read 😉

I payed to get myself into an institution :m_tear: Check out my temporary site: APACHA

girsempa ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 10:00 AM · edited Tue, 31 July 2007 at 10:08 AM

That's me on my avatar, but the image got just a little fuzzy and annoying (typically me, I guess, LOL)... And that's not a cigarette, it's a toothpick.
I adopted my username when I walked over a square called Praça do Giraldo Sem Pavor in the ancient city of Evora, a UNESCO World Heritage City in Portugal. Giraldo Sem Pavor was one of those legendary historic figures from the 12th century. He conquered the city to the Moors in 1165. The way he did that earned him the surname Sem Pavor, which means Without Fear... And Giraldo means, as you all can guess, Geert. I'd like to think that I am a reincarnation... Geert Without Fear. Yeah, I wish...

We do not see things as they are. ǝɹɐ ǝʍ sɐ sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝs ǝʍ

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 10:08 AM

file_384338.jpg

Neat to hear about everyone's stories here. I forgot to mention about my handle so: Short version. TwoPynts = Two Pints. My name is Kort, sounds like quart. Two pints = one quart. The longer version is I used to be part of a fantasy roleplaying group and we had to come up with a name that had a good back story. I was a half-even ranger/mage and somehow got into a drinking contest with the King of the Dwarves. Okay, no way I was going to win fairly, so I used magic to make myself incapable of getting drunk. The king (and the rest of the celebrants) passed out while I still had a pint in each hand. So ... TwoPynts. I spell pints with a Y just because I like it. I know, very geeky. I had an avatar for that too, never knew there was a Two Pints ale until recently. ;'D

mark.spooner ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 1:44 PM

file_384358.jpg

Me working in the garded taken by my wife and my first avatar (also taken by my wife).

aangus ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 4:01 PM

My avatar is a character from a tv series called "The League of Gentlemen". 
Papa Lazerou is a sort of evil circus ringmaster gypsy sort of character that'll sell you clothespegs and steal your wife in one move. 
Its the single most original and easily the funniest program I've ever seen seen on the telly, yes even above "Faulty towers" and yes even above that picture of Mr.Bean!!!!I  I could watch the  League of Gentlemen endlessly and still find funny bits in it.
Kort I thought your username was something to do with your abilty to hold your drink!
We covered this Avatar thing a while ago but its good to go over it (and the usernames) again.
Regards 
Anthony Angus

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 4:22 PM

I forget to explane my user name. I had a most beautiful black cat called Babuci. He was an outside wonderer only kept inside for night,  one day he did not come home...I still hear his little bell sometimes.

seeya  Tunde

awjay ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 5:18 PM

*my user  name is really my initials........ AWJ........ awjay

james is my usual online name....*

barbdennist ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 9:54 PM

My mother passed away five years ago this month and she loved to grow roses.  Roses always remind me of her so I chose this pink rose that I captured at Butchart Gardens in Canada to honor her memory.

jedink ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 1:05 AM

My name..Jedink....

My real name is Jeremy. Friends call me Jed. My name on other sites was Jedinc, as in Jed Incorporated. One day the c turned to a k and stuck.

ReBorne ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 12:39 PM

Hmmm.  My avatar (by co-incidence soon to be replaced coz I'm bored with it) is merely one of my photo's of me. Doctored.  Just messing around, seeing where it went.
As for the name, well, I honestly can't remember if it was the result of a little tiff with someone that used to hang here, or if it was when I just wanted to re-invent my style...... I know at the time i was literally just using my name as my old account name, and felt I needed something to hide behind. Metaphorically speaking. lol.

Some great stories here - Margana..... amazing...... TP, clever......as always pinches cheeks in an old-aunt way

(",)

When you starve with a tiger, the tiger starves last.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 2:33 PM

:b_blush: Thanks for sharing your story Mike. Jedink, I always thought it was Jedi NK for some reason. ;']

awjay ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 2:49 PM

*not where i live i add ;)

the saint*

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 3:10 PM

But you ARE such a Saint... ;']

jocko500 ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 10:17 PM

Ny was a photo shoot I did under UV Lighting and I painted my face with the glowin the dark neon paint. I set the camera on tripod and set the timer on I did a lot of shooting . This one I never posted but I liked it so I made it into my avatar.
lol I thought twopynts means you was short in height .  good to know I was thinking wrong. 
My real name is Jock and many girls called me jocko and I like the car races of the Inne 500 so I put them together jocko500. am I in the fast lane?

what you see is not what you know; it in your face

jeditojan ( ) posted Fri, 03 August 2007 at 12:46 PM

file_384567.jpg

My avatar is our latest animal friend, Max. We had a cat, Daisy, for a short while, but Max did not like sharing the house with her and he quickly removed her from this mortal realm. That almost cost Max his happy home. My wife still will not let him in the computer room where Daisy lived for 3 months.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.