Tue, Oct 22, 1:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Complaint & Debate

Welcome to the Complaint & Debate Forum

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:07 am)

Please read the article on the front page regarding the closing of C&D.

Subject: How do I make purchases on e bay?

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 8:21 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:36 PM

Subj: [Fwd: BBay.com Order 6797 Date: 5/23/01 9:13:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time From: sherry@kamarak.com (Sherry Bryson) To: Here is a summary of your BBay.com order, thanks for shopping with us! Your product(s) will be sent via e-mail in a downloadable zip file within 1 to 24 hours after payment or payment information has been received for the following: Order Number xxxx ------------------------- Billing/Shipping Address: Items Ordered ----------------- Anton's Male Hooded Robe (#AK-023): 1 Item Total: $15.00 Anton's Male Hooded Robe (#AK-023): 1 Item Total: $15.00 ==================== Subtotal: $30.00 Shipping (No Shipping): $0.00 Total: $30.00 Payment options include: 1. PayPal is now available in the US & in 26 countries!!! Kamarak / BBay.com is a Verified Seller! If your not a member, Sign up to pay for your product(s) on-line at: https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=sherry%40kamarak.com Once your signed up, Please Verify your address. Click on "Send Money" and Fill out the form as follows: Recipient's Email: Sherry@kamarak.com Enter the amount of your Invoice Add your payment information Email Subject* - Enter your BBay.com Order Number 2. Send a copy of this order along with a bank check or money order payable to KAMARAK via mail (NO personal checks) in US funds to Kamarak at the address below. Become a Verified Customer to pay for this order and all future orders with your credit card ! 1. Mail or Fax the Verified Customer Form: http://www.bbay.com/cfwebstore/vercustform.html 2. Call in Credit Card information at: 518-642-4656 between 8 AM to 6 PM - EST. Thanks Again for shopping at BBay.com, We appreciate your support. BBay.com Order Questions - please contact: Kamarak / Sherry Bryson (SheBay) 28 Kamarak Way Granville, NY 12832 Phone: 518-642-4656 between 8AM & 6PM EST Fax: 518-642-2575 E-mail: Sherry@Kamarak.com BBay.com Store http://www.bbay.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm One I ordered 1 ANTON robe, how an extra one got into the basket is beyond me, So I had to reorder the damn thing, And I see no way of paying with credit card, Am I missing something here? If this does not get any easy I wont anything else there anymore.

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 8:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.bbay.com/cfwebstore/pages.cfm?ID=13

The instruction on how to use your credit card is in the FAQ on Bbay (I hope the attached link works). You have to get verified with them first. I use my credit card with them and it's great. Melanie

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 9:44 PM

I used it Pal pal sent me varification that the sale took place, They got thier money however they still have not sent the file by mail yet for the ANTON robe, And I must say that I was pulling my freakin hair out with all the forms I had to fill out on e bay including becomming a e bay registered consumer member. then when that was not enough Im told I have to signup with pay pal to pay the purchase, then they wanted to confirm me further, So I had to fill out 2 more damn forms.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 9:51 PM

it was complicated annoying and hard to make a purchase on e bay. I do not think I will purchase anything else there until they improve the payment option to make it at least as easy as the one at DAZ OR RENDEROSITY.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 10:09 PM

Credit card payment options include: 1. PayPal is now available 27 countries!!! Kamarak / BBay.com is a Verified Seller! If your not a member, Sign up to pay for your product(s) on-line at: https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=sherry%40kamarak.com Once your signed up, please verify your address. Click on "Send Money" and fill out the form as follows: Recipient's Email: Sherry@kamarak.com Enter the amount of your Invoice - $15.00 fill in your credit card information Email Subject* - Enter: BBay.com Order # 6797 2. Call in Credit Card information at: 518-642-4656 between 8 AM to 6 PM - EST. 3. Send us the Credit Card Information form via fax or mail. All instructions are included on the form. http://www.bbay.com/cfwebstore/vercustform.html 4. Send .jpg images (max 300 x 300 pixils each) of both sides of your credit card via email to: Sherry@kamarak.com. Please include your name, address and a contact phone number in the email. If payment or payment information arrives tonight, I will send out order fulfillment first thing in the am. Regards, Sherry BY THE WAY I AM NOT SENDING OUT PICTURES OF MY CREDIT CARD BY E MAIL OVER THE INTERNET, THAT IS TOO MUCH TOO ASK, I gave pay pal tHe info they Sent me back a confirmation I will not send pictures of my card to ANYONE!!!!! BESIDES i DO NOT OWN A SCANNER OR A FAX MACHINE!

Eowyn ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 5:40 AM

I wanted to join the bbay club after I saw the unicorn... But to me... having to scan one's credit card and send the pictures to someone is too much to ask. And I have no idea how to use PayPal... So I guess I'll stop dreaming about the membership... Shame.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 8:31 AM

{How do I make purchases on e bay? } VERY CAREFULLY... ;-) Oh, you mean BBay! D'oh... ;-) Have never done that - but PayPal is REALLY easy to deal with; I think they will start charging some kind of fees next month though.

Eowyn ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 9:02 AM

I can't use PayPal... Finland isn't one of the 26 countries... sigh I really want to become a member... I'm actually considering calling the company to verify that darn credit card tonight or tomorrow... sigh

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 9:22 AM

I didn't have to send anyone pictures of anything to get myself registered with BBay. That's just ONE POSSIBLE method of becoming a verified card user. All I did was call Sherry with the information, she made a note in her files and I've had no trouble ever. And if you ever find that you've made a mistake on your order (such as ordering the same item twice) all you need to do is cancel it out BEFORE you authorize payment. That's why they put up all those shopping cart screens, you know. Kate

Eowyn ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 9:32 AM

Kate, I'm glad it worked out well for you. My complaint is, however, that in order to become a member of the BBay Club I need to either scan the credit card and send them the pictures (and I'm not sure if it's even legal to do that... or ASK that!) or make a transatlantic phone call... which can cost an international customer like me a couple of dollars per minute. Whereas, when I go shopping at DAZ... All I need to do is fill in the credit card info and my address... and I'm done. Why can't it be that simple at BBay too?

AprilYSH ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 11:00 AM

Why can't it be that simple at BBay too I've had to construct a few sites that used ssl to allow credit card processing. The public certificate cost the clients at least au$270 for a year via thawte... on top of what they paid my (ex)company for building their secure sites (anything between au$40k-$400k for average size clients.) Simply put, It costs a lot... Daz can afford it, BBay can't. Paypal (and the like) is the second best option for sites that can't afford to secure credit card transactions, as the secure info is handled by a third party that has amortised the cost by bulk usage. Anybody can set up a paypal and start earning money, don't need to pay overpriced web developers to build a secure site for you. ;)

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Eowyn ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 1:28 PM

BUT, PayPal is something only people from 27 countries can use. Finland isn't one of those countries. So... the rest of us are pretty much screwed.

Eowyn ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 2:50 PM

Oh, I'll take back my whine now. I called BBay to verify the card and it only took about three minutes and the lady on the phone was VERY friendly and nice. So... I'm very pleased :)

Wizzard ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2001 at 12:01 AM

Good for you Eowyn 8 ) so .. you'll be doing that render soon? hint hint 8 ) Cheers love

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2001 at 9:48 AM

Eowyn, my understanding from the information I have is the reason BBay does it this way is that when they first opened up they got a LOT of charge backs and fraudulent cards to the point where their ability to accept credit cards actually got shut down by whoever had their merchant account. They managed to work things out, but if I understand things correctly, one of the requirements of the processing company was that all credit card customers be verified first. My suggestion would be to drop Sherry an e-mail and talk to her about other possible options for verification since you are concerned (and rightly so) about sending an image of your card and since it is an overseas call for you. She may be able to provide you with another avenue for verification. Kate

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.