Tue, Sep 24, 3:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 2:15 pm)

Subject: 1st scene build in P7

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 4:50 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 3:37 PM

I am just building my first ever complex (for me) scene in P7.

It strikes me that brings bits a pieces onto the stage is easy. But oh how to position them etc. Especially characters. Everything gets placed centre stage exactly the same.

Picking up V4 and repositioning doesnt seem possible although i know it MUST be possible.

Help!!!!

Ddrky xxx

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 5:08 AM

Hi,

Please check these tutorials at e-Frontier's website ( they own poser )

http://www.e-frontier.com/article/archive/319/

Eternal Hobbyist

SoulTaker ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 6:34 AM

how about reading the manual, ;)
it will tell you alot of the simple things

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 10:01 AM

Read the manual? No way, please just show us the 'make art' button.

SoulTaker ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 10:07 AM

lol
dont you now where that is

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 10:14 AM

You guys are all too funny. I knew some smarty pants would say the manual. But like all women I am verrrry impatient.

Besides I found out now... use the XYZ dials and things move..... kind of.

Thanks guys :)

PS - is there a 'make art' button? I cant find it!

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 11:10 AM

I too am impatient, & I ain't a woman. Well, not last time I looked anyway!
I must confess to reading very little of the manual. I just guess my way through & pick up little tit bits from here.

You have to know the secret hand shake before you're told where the 'make art' button is!

SYNTRIFID ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 11:25 AM · edited Wed, 01 August 2007 at 11:30 AM

file_384421.jpg

When moving characters, make sure the "Body" of the figure is selected to use the translate dials.

Or, select any body part of the figure you want to move, and then click and drag the Move button itself (see image above)  the button won't move but the (selected) figure in the viewport will - This is best done with the viewport in "Top" view so your figure stays on the ground surface. but it can be used in any view to move side to side or up and down. Use the next button to the right to move closer or distant. Just make sure to hit Ctrl+D afterward to place object on ground.

Hey! His nose is dry! ... Someone should lick it,  just in case. - Diego

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 11:49 AM

SYNTRIFID - Whoah, are you trying to scare me? I never have those icons on my screen, they'd only make me want to experiment with them!

SYNTRIFID ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 11:59 AM

Quote - SYNTRIFID - Whoah, are you trying to scare me? I never have those icons on my screen, they'd only make me want to experiment with them!

Heh - I tend to use them quite frequently.  They can be handy items in the overall workflow,  particularly if you're animating. Making changes to poses and such when jumping between keyframes. though you still need the dials (and their numeric fields) if you want to adjust things to precise measurements.

Hey! His nose is dry! ... Someone should lick it,  just in case. - Diego

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 12:08 PM · edited Wed, 01 August 2007 at 12:09 PM

Yeah mate, I know of those tools. I just have my main working screen take up as much of the interface as possible, so the tools are hidden. So I tend to use some of the drop down menus when others might use the tool icons ie for camera & light controls.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 1:22 PM

All you need is a Gibson Les Paul, a Marshall amp, a good cable and...

Oops, sorry, wrong forum. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 1:31 PM

Sam - When you buy your guitar stuff, is it in perfect working order or do you need constant updates to get it to play right?
3D software can't be the only one that works this way!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 1:37 PM

Quote - Sam - When you buy your guitar stuff, is it in perfect working order or do you need constant updates to get it to play right?
3D software can't be the only one that works this way!

If it wasn't in perfect working order I wouldn't buy it.  The only things you really have to do with guitars is treat them right, keep them clean and change the strings.  Amps are a bit more involved but fortunately, the care and feeding of a guitar amp is relatively infrequent.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.