Mon, Oct 21, 11:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: C6 Dynamic Hair

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 5:07 PM · edited Fri, 11 October 2024 at 8:48 AM

Attached Link: C6 "Official" leaks

file_384436.jpg

Well, DAZ is letting me say something about C6 now - but not everything. The dynamic hair is awesome. Great for people, animals and grass! The above image is created from the Millenium Dog. I don't know when and how much they will be announcing prior to Siggraph in San Diego next week but you can keep up on whatever they do release here: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=918936&flatnum=1 I can't say much until they are done doing their stuff, but I can say it's worth the wait. :D Mark

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 5:08 PM

file_384437.jpg

And another...

lazycatstudio ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2007 at 7:50 AM

Looks nice but human hair is not just short and straight. How does that look?

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2007 at 7:55 AM

It looks wonderful. There are controls for kink, frizz, wave color variation size (diameter) and more. I'm finishing up an image and will post it as soo as I'm done. It's just that everybody was working on people so I started to work on animals instead. ;) I've seen some other great looking examples but can't show those until the folks at DAZ do first. Mark

stardust ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2007 at 11:43 AM

Great examples Mark :) 

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2007 at 12:52 PM

Be sure to check out the animations posted by DAZ on Youtube. The dynamic hair/fur makes wonderful animated grass as well!

Singular3D ( ) posted Fri, 03 August 2007 at 8:12 AM

Looks great. Seems Daz will earn my trust again. Hopefully they also will release a 64bit version of C6.

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2007 at 8:40 PM · edited Sat, 04 August 2007 at 8:46 PM

My last 3d app gave about a 12% increase in render speed overall for 64bit over 32bit. Dynamic hair and fur look like it will need all the speed it can get. I just got C5 std, so I hope C6 has 64bit too(I don't see any info for 64bit in C6, but it would be nice to use the extra ram addressing it offers 😉 ).

brycetech ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 5:53 PM

I'm seeing lots of bug fixes.
two that have aggravated me for years

1. the material editor now accurately shows the scene
  2. the batch render now shows progress indicators in the progress tab

as of yet, I have not been able to crash it with the "abnormal program termination" bug that has plagued me since I got my new machine when rendering from the batch que.

several nice enhancements--like a quick "preview" render button

:)
BT

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 1:23 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know if the hair is available in C6 Standard or is it a pro only feature?

Thanks
jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

Joe-B-Wan ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 3:41 AM

Quote - Hi,

Does anyone know if the hair is available in C6 Standard or is it a pro only feature?

Thanks
jon

I know you asked a while ago, but I just wanted to let you know that AFAIK the dynamic hair is for both versions.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 3:44 AM

Hi,

No probs and thanks for the info, sounds great :)

Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.