Tue, Oct 22, 7:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: Experiences of Quidam

FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 3:55 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 3:47 AM

Any of this august company use Quidam ? I downloaded the demo and it seems pretty straightforward.  What's it like getting the results into Poser ? easy ? a bit tricky or "tear your hair out and chuck the PC out the window" tough.

Regards

Frank

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 4:09 PM

My understanding is what is in quidam stays in quidam, so you couldn;t use it in poser anyway.

Quidam's kind of like a incompatible poser wannabe I think, but I could be mistaken.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 4:26 PM

Hmmm . .. the manual speaks of .obj export - it's a bit expensive to just get it on the off chance.  The render engine is a bit pants too

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 4:32 PM

well even if yo ucan export the obj, then yo ustill would have to rig something to use in poser, and odds are, you couldn;t redistribute it anyway.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Guida ( ) posted Fri, 03 August 2007 at 10:49 AM

This could probably help:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/tutorial/index.php?browse&user_id=13356

As for redistribution, FS did make a morph available in freestuff, but again this is for morphing, I don't know how it stands for the rest of its features. :)

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2007 at 2:36 AM

The morph FS made was for content that had nothing to do with Quidam itself, and thus Quidam's licence did not restrict distribution. I'm quite certain that any content made by N-Sided for Quidam cannot be legally redistributed.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.