Sun, Oct 6, 7:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Totally OT. Embarrassing photos, who's up for it?!

stormchaser ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 1:59 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:35 AM

I know I'm going to regret this later. I've had a bit to drink & I've been going through some old photos with the family. Decided to upload this for a laugh.
I think it was taken around 1977, I would have been 5 years old. It could have been for the Queen's Jubilee, I can't remember, I'm emotionally scarred, LOL!
That's me next to the girl.  My god, how could my parents make me go to school dressed like that, the social workers should have been called in! If it had been a contest for the worst haircut, shirt & pants I would have won hands down.
Anyway, who's up for it. Show us your embarrassing photos from years gone by, you know you want to! It'll be a laugh.

jjroland ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 2:04 PM

I have a good one if I can get my scanner to work.

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 2:15 PM

Looks OK to me, don't see what you're all upset about.  My parents used to dress me like that all the time for formal occasions.  Of couse that was 50 years ago, so maybe times have changed.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 2:19 PM

I don't have any embarrassing photos.  I always looked cool. :P

And if you believe that, I have a bridge you may be interested in.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

vincebagna ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 2:31 PM

Well, it's me at about 2 years old i think (it was around 1979...). It was a disguised party in the town (very little town...). But i didn't become a cooker for now! LOL

My Store

vince3 ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 2:36 PM · edited Sun, 05 August 2007 at 2:42 PM

just a curiosty:

the end boy, over his left shoulder is a bloke that looks a bit like you, that wouldn't be your dad would it?

in other news, geez i remember piccies of me about that age, i also had a bow-tie!!! what the fugg is that all about!!, i have a five year old boy now, but i don't get the urge to stick a bow-tie on him!!! so why did people used to do dat!!?

(observes man next to girls head, to her right , he has an afro! but it looks like his beard has blown over that old lady next to him's head.LOL)

that's not an embarresing photo BTW, if only i could find the one with me dressed as a spaceman at someones' party, where my whole ass had popped out the back!!! spacemen are obviously not supposed to pick stuff up off the floor.

vincebagna ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 2:45 PM

When i see my face on this photo, i guess i'd prefer to be dressed as a spacemen than a cooker!!
:woot:

My Store

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 2:57 PM

file_384738.jpg

Hahaha... nice.

I don't have any of me as a little kid (my mum has them all) but this is me aged about 15. Wow, the eighties were a hot fashion decade :lol:

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

vincebagna ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 3:03 PM

What is that tiny rounded thing with an antenna?? Don't tell me it's a TV!! There are supposed to be big and square, no?

My Store

stormchaser ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 3:25 PM · edited Sun, 05 August 2007 at 3:26 PM

Ah guys & gals you crack me up!

jj - We all know that scanner works, so come on!

vincebagna - I guess you can laugh about it now hey! Cool moustache BTW.

vince3 - That's quite scarey actually, that's not my dad but he does look like he could be. I'm going to go & phone my mum & ask who my real dad is!!
Oh man, that spaceman photo is gonna be embarrassing, we'll have to have a nudity tag attached to this thread!

Karen - Yeah, the eighties, LOL! I bet you had all the boys running round after you then didn't you! 😉
ha ha, the TV!!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 5:56 PM

Crikey you people are making me feel ancient!  Stormchaser, mate, 5 yrs old in 1977? I was almost out of high school and you vincebagna 2 in 1979??? I enlisted in the military that year...LOL! Ahhh the 80's what fashion all my leisure suits and platform shoes were out!
Okay I'll bite on this one here is me in that para-military group known as the Cub Scouts in
60's:

My Facebook Page

drifterlee ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 7:31 PM

You are adorable, Stormchaser. Nothing to be ashamed of. I have to find some of mine, LOL!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 7:55 PM

Oh my gosh Karen, that picture could have easily been me!!!! The hair, shirt, belt and the attitude LOL!!!
Vince! Your parents must have been casting you for Rattatoulie! (cute flick, I liked it)
Stormy, I take it you're the boy on the right, next to the girl?  Nice locks :)

I'll have to dig up one of my old pics...

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 10:35 PM

file_384759.jpg

What was I thinking?

Hmm.  What am I thinking, now?

Hmm, hmm.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

jjroland ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 11:30 PM

file_384763.jpg

Well I got 3 so = 3 posts.  First one:  Youngest - Im about 18 months old.  Note my right hand.

jjroland ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 11:30 PM

file_384764.jpg

2nd:  I was pretty excited here about getting new clothes.  Im about 2 1/2

jjroland ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 11:31 PM

file_384765.jpg

3rd:  Im the incredibly cool one, 2nd from the right with the upside down sunglasses on.

vincebagna ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 12:41 AM

LOL

Cage - Is it a super-hero or... a bug?? If you were trying to hide yourself in the dustbin, was there someone else in the second one?

JJ - The way you look like your mother is astonishing! I was first thinking it were you with a different hair cut! LOL But i think the sign you were doing with your right hand must has been chocking at this time. And if i may give you an advice: you probably tweaked a little too much the rotate dial when posing the sunglasses... :lol:

My Store

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 12:54 AM

*"Cage - Is it a super-hero or... a bug?? If you were trying to hide yourself in the dustbin, was there someone else in the second one?"
*Both a super-hero (of sorts) and a bug (nominally, at least), Ambush Bug was the creation of Keith Giffen and the bane of Superman's existence for a couple of years in the mid-eighties, before DC had its nervous breakdown in the guise of the Crisis on Infinite Earths.  There was no one in the other bin.  I got stuck in the first one.  Smelled bad.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.  Most things seemed like a good idea at the time, at the time.  Anti-depressants can be bad medicine.

I can never have a political career now, of course.  They'd trot out these photos of me wearing a bug suit and popping in and out of trash cans.  Oh well.  It's the world's loss.  :-P

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 2:23 AM

JJ, you look so much like your mum! 

Stormchaser, hell no, the boys stayed the &*!# away from me, I was too scary for them! Anyway I identified as gay back then so they were all out of luck, haha.

Yeah I forgot how TVs used to look. I have to show this picture to my little boy next week, he'll be like "What is THAT?!"

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

ashley9803 ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 3:05 AM

file_384774.jpg

OK, my turn. Anyone for cricket? Yeh, only B&W pics in my day. Wish I still had that outfit. So cute!

stormchaser ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 4:58 AM

These pics are great, glad to know I'm not the only one with embarrassing ones!!

jj - We made need a nudity tag for that 2nd photo!! BTW, you so much look like your mum.

drifterlee - I was still called sweet, cute etc into my teens & early twenties! Nobody calls it me anymore now so I guess I've lost that touch, LOL!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 7:04 AM

ashley9803 many of my family's early pics were done in B&W as my father had this one camera he refused to update until it finally died one year. You actually had to look down through the lens..LOL! The photo I posted was from school picture day.

jj there is no denying that you are not your mother's daughter!

Don't feel bad Stormchaser I will not even begin to remember the last time I was called cute..LOL!!

My Facebook Page

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 10:19 AM

file_384793.jpg

:lol:

stormchaser ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 10:40 AM

Sealtm2 - There will always be a place for B&W photography. I even make some of my artwork B&W, it has that certain style.

EnglishBob - And I really thought you might look like your avatar!
What year was that photo taken?

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 10:58 AM

Quote - EnglishBob - And I really thought you might look like your avatar!
What year was that photo taken?

1977 - I call it my Charles Manson period. I do not now, nor have I ever looked like my avatar... :D

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 11:02 AM

Actually EnglishBob I look like your avatar now...LOL!

My Facebook Page

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 11:09 AM

Want to swap avatars? :lol:

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 11:54 AM
AnAardvark ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 12:59 PM

Quote - *"Cage - Is it a super-hero or... a bug?? If you were trying to hide yourself in the dustbin, was there someone else in the second one?"*Both a super-hero (of sorts) and a bug (nominally, at least), Ambush Bug was the creation of Keith Giffen and the bane of Superman's existence for a couple of years in the mid-eighties, before DC had its nervous breakdown in the guise of the Crisis on Infinite Earths.  There was no one in the other bin.  I got stuck in the first one.  Smelled bad.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.  Most things seemed like a good idea at the time, at the time.  Anti-depressants can be bad medicine.

I can never have a political career now, of course.  They'd trot out these photos of me wearing a bug suit and popping in and out of trash cans.  Oh well.  It's the world's loss.  :-P

Yeah, ambush bug. Somewhere in the basement, I have the entire Ambush Bug miniseries. Great stuff.

jjroland ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 1:48 PM

@"JJ - The way you look like your mother is astonishing!" and others

believe it or not - there are a total of 5 females in my family who all look just like this.  All named for eachother - perhaps there is something in a name?  Often people see one of us and ask if either we Are, or we know the other ones.  Our voices are pretty identical as well.  Which is nice when I don't want to talk on the phone - I just say I'm my sister and that I am not home ; )

Thank you, I take it as a compliment = D

SYNTRIFID ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 3:01 PM

file_384810.jpg

Okie dokie - you asked for it... Believe it or not, I actually did turn out to be a pretty good cook! :rolleyes:

Hey! His nose is dry! ... Someone should lick it,  just in case. - Diego

SYNTRIFID ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 3:03 PM · edited Mon, 06 August 2007 at 3:06 PM

file_384811.jpg

Well, since there seems to be a quite a musical family here at R'osity.... this one is from 1966..

SYNTRIFID ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 3:10 PM

file_384814.jpg

And last but not least,  sometime during the mid '80's...

melikia ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 6:37 PM

**jjroland:

**first pic... OMG, that coulda been me.... i had that SAME DRESS.  (although, at that age, i was blonde and pale - the only thing that changed as i got older is my hair got darker - and i got a smidge - not much, mind ya - taller. LOL)

LOL, folks.....

i had the presence of mind to detroy most of my "bad" photos - unfortunately, this left me with only a handfull.

and most of THOSE are in storage.

smart me, huh?

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 7:20 PM

sigh  I really need to go to my mom's tomorrow lol.  Then, plug in my scanner.  Then, I'll post one of me with a real-life bowl haircut.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

surreality ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 7:52 PM

file_387714.jpg

I was trained as a costumer. That means I should really, -really- have known what a bad idea this was. I don't even have the excuse of "Well, I was five, and... " since this was about 5 years ago. And just because it wasn't obnoxious-attention-whore-looking enough, unbeknownst to me before I left for the halloween party, that cluster of fruit glowed like a neon sign under black light. *facepalm* (It did have a shawl not in this, the only picture I'd let anyone take, and I kept hiding under it all night.)

-D
---
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye texture.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 8:41 AM

file_387764.JPG

Pfft! I got all you mofos beat... welcome to Hallowe'en 2006 (and I can say with confidence that you have no idea how drafty a server room really gets in a skirt and heels, do you?)

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 9:12 AM

Nice hair cut Penguinisto, it suits you very well! LOL

My Store

melikia ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 12:13 PM

**Penguinisto

**ohhh yes i do...... server rooms are COLD.  let me guess, you forgot the thick stockings to help keep legs warm?

rollllllllllllllllllllls with laughter

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 1:38 PM

Quote - Pfft! I got all you mofos beat... welcome to Hallowe'en 2006 (and I can say with confidence that you have no idea how drafty a server room really gets in a skirt and heels, do you?)

Peng, hon, why do you think IT girls usually DON'T wear skirts, especially without tights?  :lol: 

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Latexluv ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 5:48 PM

file_387816.jpg

Most of my pics are are storage still down in Dallas, but I have this one in my laptop. Halloween of 1988. it's not really embarrassing, I thought I was kinda cool there. It's a modified Elvira costume. There are a lot of pins in the sleeves because there was like a mile of cloth going on there.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 6:40 PM · edited Wed, 12 September 2007 at 6:41 PM

file_387823.jpg

I love halloween. Usually I do zombies, ghouls, etc. The last is a favorite though; another creature of the night.. or at least, a lady of the evening; Baliwood style. :)

My best embarrasing pic is from childhood in an album somewhere. I'll have to look.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 7:34 PM

...  that second one is awesome, Anton!  (The zombie's cool, too, but I love me some ghoulies :D )

My most embarassing pic would be a TOS violation to post (gotta love big sisters!), but once I get a chance to swing by my mom's house, I'll post 'em :D  Between me working, her working, and my little bro playing football, no one's schedules coincide until 11pm, LOL, and that's too late!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 7:35 PM · edited Wed, 12 September 2007 at 7:35 PM

file_387831.jpg

Not so much embarrassing as downright scary.

My Store

My Gallery

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 8:21 PM

lol. That's awesome. :)

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 1:10 PM

Ok, here is mine!  I finally got my printer to scan. 

This was taken back in the late 1980's I think. I'm on the left. The girl on the right is my friend and then roommate Gerry.  We have a yearly fair here and at that time there was a place you could go and get dressed up in vintage clothing and have your picture taken.  The photographer told me "look mean",  LMAO  I think I managed!  

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 3:30 PM

I certainly wouldn't want to annoy you. :scared:

My Store

My Gallery

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 4:41 PM

LMAO  I do look pretty nasty :laugh:

I'll have to dig out my Elvira picture. My friend turned it into a post card and mailed it to me from Thailand. I'm sure the postal workers were having a snicker over it, hehe

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 4:57 PM

Stay out of Victoria's closet. :)

Fun pic. I was going to make a joke about a new Vicki "Western Classics Clothing bundle" but nevermind. :)

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 5:41 PM

Quote - Stay out of Victoria's closet. :)

Fun pic. I was going to make a joke about a new Vicki "Western Classics Clothing bundle" but nevermind. :)

:lol:  It does look like I raided her closet doesn't it? 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.