Fri, Oct 4, 12:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: To all my customers... PLEASE READ!

-renapd- ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 1:08 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:17 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Yesterday... I suffered a major PC crashing while trying to add extra memory... lots of my PC hardware has been burnt and I won't have access to my data for the next few days.. technician will come on Monday and no idea how long it will take to replace all defected parts!

Please be patient with me if I don't send you the bonus files of your purchases if the case applies till my PC is restored as I don't have access to my links, data or email. I will take care immediately of all that as soon as all is back to normal some time by the end of next week!

I logged in from my son's PC to post this message so none of you thinks I'm neglectful.. just forced by the circumstances to get out of schedule and without a PC for some days! :(

Periodically I will be able to check the site when my son is not using his own equipment.. so in case of an emergency I can always be reached via Renderosity site mail..

I apologize for the inconvenience and I thank you all for your support as this is going to be one of the worst weekends in many years for me... hard to be at home without a PC! :(

Same as everything else.. my true story gallery series ( Lake of Sorrows) will suffer the concequences of this crash too... I won't be able to post a new episode till my PC is running again...  I beg for your understanding!

Wishing you all the best of a weekend and hopefully none else will suffer from the same curse...

Sincerely,
Rena

PS: Same message was left yesterday at the Poser Forum and the moderators were kind enough to make it sticky till I work this mess out... I was also suggested to make a copy of this message to this forum as well so more people see it. I hope the moderators of this forum will  also have the courtesy to turn this message to sticky as well.... I will immediately notify to delete as soon as my PC is back and running... thanks!

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

DarkAngelGenesis ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 7:47 AM

Oh how horrible!  Good luck getting things back in working order and I personally appreciate you taking the time to let us know what is going on.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 11:34 AM

Done renapd.....good luck on the repairs and I hope you haven't lost anything irreplaceable.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

-renapd- ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 4:43 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Hi guys... PC is at the shop and thank God hard drives were not damaged... as long as I have my RUNTIME salvaged... everything else is minor loss replacable just by money!
Things look like I'm heading for a brand new PC... hopefully by Friday I'll have a new system in my hands and hopefully by mid weekend I'll be back on schedule..  fingers crossed!

My biggest consolation at present is the fact that at least I can log in from my son's PC once a day here at Renderosity and keep in touch...  thank you all for your understanding and support!

Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 7:41 AM

If you're buying new you might want to consider doing what I've done with my new one.

I have 2 HD's congigured in "Raid 1" array, the advantage is that eveything on one drive is mirrored on the other, so if one goes down you can still use the other while replacing the defunct one.
The obvious disadvantage is in reality a whole HD doing nothing for most of the time, for me however the advantage of a fully working back up far outweighs this, as I know from first hand what a disaster a HD crash can be if all data is lost!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Belladzines ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 9:09 PM

hey Rena, hope to see you back soon up and running at full steam!!
i've long given up on PC's.. i'm moving over to the Mac's......

-renapd- ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 3:13 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

OK guys... I'm back and fully running on a brand new PC! :)

Installations have been completed... bonus files that were due were sent to my clients... everything is back to normal again! Phew! :)

Thank you all for your support and the moderators even more for helping me out on this crisis and making my message sticky while it lasted...

No need to be sticky anymore.. I'm in debt for your help and I thank you with all my heart! :)

Now back to my piled up projects full speed... hooray!!!  :)

Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 7:40 AM

Glad it all got fixed for you!

SndCastie ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 10:27 AM

sorry to hear that Rena hope they get you going soon.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

-renapd- ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 12:34 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Oh ... I AM BACK SndCastie! I've posted that a couple of replies above yours ! :)
Please remove the sticky pin from the message as it's no longer needed hun! :)

Thanks a million in advance! :)
Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.