Wed, Sep 18, 5:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Rendering creates big hat small head.

jackhalsey ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2007 at 6:23 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 2:05 PM

Hello I imported a pz3 scene from poser 7 into carrara 5 pro.  It is basically Brutalis (the freak) doing a pushup.

When I render him he appears smaller and now has on this gigantic hat.  Plus its a 120 frame scene and Carrara only renders 2-3 frames and then states an unknown error has occurred.

Please advise.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2007 at 6:29 PM · edited Thu, 09 August 2007 at 6:30 PM

Hi Jack, Are you running Vista? Vista hates most of the codecs out there and will hang renders...

jackhalsey ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2007 at 8:14 PM

Yes windows vista ultimate as I got a dual 2 core computer with 8 gigs and thought it would make things render faster..any work around for vista...went to it as it will recognize more than 3 gigs of memory which is the limitation of xp......thank you.

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2007 at 9:17 PM · edited Thu, 09 August 2007 at 9:18 PM

Yep, just had a discussion on Polyloop forums. Carrara hates .AVI for Vista systems that I read on Google searches, and it just won't work(unknown error on 2nd/3rd frame animations). The other standard BMP/GIF/JPG sequences etc. should work fine though, plus a few other formats/codecs from the net(Im still learning info about them).

Vista has a few updates to go before its works 100% with alot of things. Carrara may get a fix in C6 I hope. AVI works for most other 3dcg programs though, so its not all Vistas fault. 😄

jackhalsey ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2007 at 11:35 PM

fp

Thank you thats exactly what happened it died in the 2nd 3rd frame..so I will make it a bmp sequence but how do you export from poser with NO rendering?

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2007 at 11:56 PM · edited Fri, 10 August 2007 at 12:04 AM

According to what I see, even existing .AVIs that come with my Carrara don't play in my Media player(I have Vista HB 64bit). It says the codec isn't supported or something. 

I would suspect that this should be an easy codec fix by C6, or Vista hotfixes and service packs. There are a couple of newer Vista updates that mention AVI stuff, if you want to run your OS update(my Vista comp is not an online one, its a dedicated system and Im waiting for service pack). 

I don't have Poser, Im still new at this, but others may be able to answer export question. 😄

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 5:29 AM

Hi Jack, The file that Carrara imports from Poser doesn't need to be rendered prior to the import. Carrara can read the animation information.

jackhalsey ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 4:27 PM

Thank you both and its kinda good that I am not the only one with problem with vista and you would think they would have the codec thing ironed out....

Mark

Carrara does a much better render than Poser the photorealism is fantastic.  I have heard animation is better also but I am used to Poser....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.