Tue, Sep 24, 1:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:33 pm)

Subject: Poser7 Scenes

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2007 at 1:15 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:35 AM

Does anyone know how to make the textures like bricks etc, that come with Poser7, fill the ground and background in scenes.  The naive in me thught it would be as easy as cutting and pasting but its its not. At least not that I can see?

Anyone?
Drky xxx

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2007 at 1:32 AM

Place a Primative, such as the Hi Res Cloth Plane as the Back ground and then apply it in the Material Room. You could also apply it to the Ground Plane or Background.

ratscloset
aka John

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2007 at 3:55 AM

Quote - Place a Primative, such as the Hi Res Cloth Plane as the Back ground and then apply it in the Material Room. You could also apply it to the Ground Plane or Background.

Hmmm god i'm so new at all this. Primitives are those shapes arent they, like squares, cylinders etc. All i have is hi res square. I guess i can tile it though and then apply the texture.

Sorry i must appear a proper gimp:(

drky xxx

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2007 at 4:22 AM
Online Now!

you can always scale it rather than copy it.  The texture should tile quite nicely if you tick the "autofit" box in the material room on the image map node

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

SYNTRIFID ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2007 at 9:34 AM

Do you want it all one solid texture pattern or the ground to look seperate from the background?

For solid "procedural" texture, you can select "Background" in the Material Room and apply the Brick or whatever texture to the "BGColor" - it doesn't show up in the preview window but it will in the render. May take some work with scaling and such to get it like you want it.

Hey! His nose is dry! ... Someone should lick it,  just in case. - Diego

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.