Mon, Oct 21, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: shadow ?

Calseeor ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2001 at 8:49 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:23 PM

In Poser 4, if I render a scen, i get shadows. But, if I have my figures on a prop, I do not. As an example, my figures all stand inside a cellar that I got off of renderosity. Their shadows do not fall onto the cellar's floor. Am I to assume that shadows only work on the default, plan ground of the Poser workspace? thanks, --Eryk

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2001 at 9:57 AM

The shadows should work on any prop. Do you have "shadows" checked in under the render settings? -JH.

Calseeor ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2001 at 11:33 AM

Yea, I do have shadows checked in render settings and for each light as well. When I remove the cellar prop, the shadows of the figures are there, but once I put the cellar prop back in, no shadows. :(

AceC ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2001 at 4:42 PM

Are you sure that the cellar isn't casting shadows of its own? Try lighting the scene only with spot lights inside the cellar object, and with cast shadows enabled for that object.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.