Tue, Oct 1, 1:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: locking poser

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2007 at 7:10 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 1:29 PM
Site Admin

Is there a way in poser 6 to lock the controls of poser  so that if I'm away from my desk  when a render stops my 4 year old son can't start changing things? I know that I could go through an lock every actor and prop and light and camera so he can't change them, but then I'd have to unlock it all so I can make changes.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2007 at 7:26 PM

ctrl+alt+del then click "Lock computer"

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2007 at 7:49 PM

disconnecting the keyboard and the mouse from de PC will be a great way.

adh3d website

Willber ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2007 at 10:34 PM · edited Wed, 15 August 2007 at 10:34 PM

Here's one I just discovered a few months ago....WindowsKey +L 
WinXP 
Takes you to the login screen and renders still continue.

mwafarmer ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2007 at 4:21 AM

Small handcuffs?

ghelmer ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2007 at 5:25 AM · edited Thu, 16 August 2007 at 5:28 AM

Quote - Small handcuffs?

LOLZ!!!  I personally favor the good ol' rope and backyard combo...  as a child in the 70's I was constantly being threatened with that one!!  My mother never followed through with it though but I suppose a summer or two tied up in the back yard like that might have been cool!!!

Seriously though, I just "switch user" when on a long render...  that way my 8 year old can still mess about on the computer but in her profile as she has yet to discover my profiles password!!!

G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2007 at 7:16 AM
Site Admin

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll have to try the handcuffs...I mean locking the computer.  ; )

I had thought about disconecting the mouse and keyboard, but the computer is under the desk and I'd have to pull it out everytime. With all the other cords, I try to avoid moving it as much as possible

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2007 at 7:28 AM

duct tape.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.