Thu, Sep 19, 10:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: VIctoria or Jesse?

psnoobie ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 8:50 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:37 PM

which one is most used? which is preferred?

jjroland ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 9:02 AM

victoria 3 or 4

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 9:06 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_385636.jpg

PosetteV3!  She's free, is resource friendly, and has a lot of freebies floating around.  And, when textured with a good quality texture renders exactly the same as the high end figures.  See my latest! DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 9:12 AM

Jesse looks like an outer space alien! 

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

psnoobie ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 9:19 AM

Quote - Jesse looks like an outer space alien! 

I agree. since i have had poser, i never use jesse.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 9:33 AM

That's being unkind to aliens. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 10:49 AM

Quote - > Quote - Jesse looks like an outer space alien! 

That's being unkind to aliens. 

Damned Skippy!  At least Jessi G2 is a VAST improvement!

I still use V3 more,though. V4 is a BITC....er...difficult to deal with.  DAZ should have named her Lindsay Lohan.(<American actress of greatly reknown unreliability) LOLOLOLOLOLOL :lol:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 11:57 AM

file_385652.jpg

click for full

I heart the lovely v4.

And she is NOT a cranky person.

::::: Opera :::::

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 12:06 PM

Well......if you happen to need a space alien in your scene............

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 12:36 PM

I don't know of very many people whom use Jessi. V3 and V4 have the market monopoly.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 12:47 PM

My experience with mapping, morphing, and posing is this: 1st PosetteV3, 2nd V3, 3rd V4.  Posettev3 was the easiest to map, morph, and pose.  V3 has a fine map already, has a good set of morphs, if you have the money to spend (Posettev3's are free), and poses adequately well, but needs much more RAM resources than PosetteV3 to achieve the same effect.  V4 is a true female quadruped when it comes to either mapping, morphing, or posing.  And I speak from expreience.
None renders better than any other when all are equally textured and noded.
David P. Hoadley

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 1:33 PM

dp, that image looks great. You are getting better and better.

Mogwa ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 2:39 PM

D.P. does do incredible things with his Posette versions.
Jesse scares me. If I met up with anyone looking like that in a dark alley, I'd take a dump in my britches and run away screaming. I'm not kidding.
Try as I might, I just don't care for V4. She's just too anime looking, and her renders, even when done by the most technically talented artists, still just don't seem right to me.
In spite of her many joint and other problems ( small head, incorrect thighs, neck distortions, etc. ), I still like V3 best of all. It's just a matter of personal taste, I guess.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 4:34 PM

Quote - dp, that image looks great. You are getting better and better.

Guess which one is PosetteV3, which one is remapped V4, and wihich one is simply morphed V3.  All were textured with V4's texture nodes.  The only change I made was to substitute a V3 texture for the V4 one, and then apply the same settings to each figure.  I see no difference between hi-res and lo-res in this render.
DPH

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 5:08 PM

I agree with jjroland, V3 & V4 but want to add that Aiko3 is also a really special model to use.  Wonderful morphs here and around for Aiko 3.

I use V3 and Aiko3 only because I have more morphs between both of them in my stash of stuff.

If I did not have V3, I would purchase V4 only because I know eventually she will have as much as V3 in the very near future.  Why go backwards when you can go forward.

Sharen

PS: I guess your wallet will determine your direction also.

moogal ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 6:08 PM

file_385671.jpg

I have created a couple of OK figures from Jesse.  It's so funny though when I turn the face morphs down and am like "Oh God she's sooo ugly!"  I've wanted to try the posetteV3, but I could never get the hang of using those figures that need other figures to make.  I know it's all free but I just don't know how to do it.

Here's a character made from Jesse.  The only one I could find with minimal nostril glow. :sad:

moogal ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 6:11 PM

Yeah, that's a fake tan... :rolleyes:

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 6:38 PM · edited Sat, 18 August 2007 at 6:39 PM

Quote - > Quote - dp, that image looks great. You are getting better and better.

Guess which one is PosetteV3, which one is remapped V4, and wihich one is simply morphed V3.  All were textured with V4's texture nodes.  The only change I made was to substitute a V3 texture for the V4 one, and then apply the same settings to each figure.  I see no difference between hi-res and lo-res in this render.
DPH

Left - V3
Middle - Posette
Right - V4

My Store

My Gallery

Peelo ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 6:52 PM

I dunno but Jessi G2 looks fine to me....

-Morbo will now introduce the candidates - Puny Human Number One, Puny Human Number Two, and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon.
-Life can be hilariously cruel

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 6:55 PM

V3, in my opinion, probably has the most market support available.  She's a pretty good figure with the exception of her shoulders.

V4 is an attempt to make a female equivalent of Apollo.  Her shoulders and joints are probably better than any other female figure out there.  There's a bit of oddness with posing and positioning her eyes though.

I wish CP had consolidated all of the G2 Females into one figure and spent a little more time fixing her shoulders.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 7:11 PM

Quote - I have created a couple of OK figures from Jesse.  It's so funny though when I turn the face morphs down and am like "Oh God she's sooo ugly!"  I've wanted to try the posetteV3, but I could never get the hang of using those figures that need other figures to make.  I know it's all free but I just don't know how to do it.

the README that comes with the file gives a step by step direction on how to encode and install the figuer.
DPH

Morgano ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 7:54 PM

*I dunno but Jessi G2 looks fine to me....

*I agree:  a lot better than V4 (as is Poser 7's Sydney, but this is a Poser 6 discussion, I take it, so Sydney's not available).   There is far more material for V4 already than for the G2 ladies (as far as clothing is concerned, what fits on one G2 lady fits the other).   The quality of G2 material is generally pretty high, though, while the quality of V4-related material is rather variable, although unquestionably excellent at the top end.

Perhaps the best solution is to get Jessi G2 and basic V4;  look out for anything that appears for the G2 women, but also invest in Wardrobe Wizard from PhilC;  pick up good-looking items for V4.   V4 then serves as a clothes-horse only, to provide clothing for Jessi G2, without spoiling the scenes by actually appearing in any of them.

Oh, and "Jessi", or "Jessie", is the female form (short for "Jessica", you see).   Jesse is a male name.   I'm not very familiar with the OT, but I vaguely recall that Jesse is the father of David.

psnoobie ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 8:49 PM

what have i started

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 9:04 PM · edited Sat, 18 August 2007 at 9:06 PM

I always like to ask those expressing opinions about the looks of one base model over another....

Does the default face actually mean something to you? 

To have such strong inclinations based on the appearance of the default face... doesn't that mean.....you won't create your own characters? That is, are you not inclined to morph or alter the face until the default is so buried that the viewer cannot actually tell which base was used?

Just wondering.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 9:10 PM

The default face means nothing unless the installed morphs do not allow for much deviation from the original face (ie the original Posette).

psnoobie ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 9:16 PM

IMHO, the default face of victoria 4 is fine the way she is and with the morphs, one can create some very nice looking models. there is just so much to be desired with Jessi (corrected spelling).

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 9:24 PM · edited Sat, 18 August 2007 at 9:27 PM

Quote - Yeah, that's a fake tan... :rolleyes:

Years ago, there used to be a product sold on TV called "Man Tan" -- guaranteed to give you an instant beach tan.  The commercials featured muscle men in swim trunks being admired by bikini-clad females.  *"Use MAN TAN, guys!  Get the girls!"

From what I heard, it turned you a bright orange color.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Morgano ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 10:01 PM

*I always like to ask those expressing opinions about the looks of one base model over another....

To have such strong inclinations based on the appearance of the default face... doesn't that mean.....you won't create your own characters? That is, are you not inclined to morph or alter the face until the default is so buried that the viewer cannot actually tell which base was used?

Just wondering.

*Who says that the strong opinions are based solely on the default face?   The problem I have with Jessi (G1) and with V4 is that you can modify them forever - and the basic problems with the face persist.   V3's face is much more malleable, as are those of Jessi G2 and P7 Sydney.   I've no doubt that you can do wonders with V4 in ZBrush, or whatever, but that shouldn't be necessary. 

V4's eyes and eye-settings are rubbish.   The general face-shaping morphs supplied with her do precious little to counter the impression that, from the neck up, at least, she is some kind of balloon-animal.    

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 10:47 PM

file_385703.jpg

click for full

yes but such a beautiful animal....the human female.
v4, standard morphs and default hi-res texture only

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 10:48 PM · edited Sat, 18 August 2007 at 10:50 PM

file_385705.jpg

click for full

balloon animal #2

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 11:01 PM

file_385706.jpg

> Quote - yes but such a beautiful animal....the human female. > v4, standard morphs and default hi-res texture only

Yeah, could be worse, I guess. ;=D
DPH

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 12:34 AM · edited Sun, 19 August 2007 at 12:37 AM

Quote - I always like to ask those expressing opinions about the looks of one base model over another....

Just wondering.

It's not so much the default face, it's the whole thing. Jessie is butt ugly from the top of her head to the tip of her toes.  Her ears are like wing flaps, her facial features seen squished in the bottom 1/2 of her face and look demonic and her body looks mangled.

Sorry, but I can't find anything good to say about that figure.

Some months ago there was a thread that compared the look of the various figures.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2232900&page=1

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 12:56 AM

I have never tried it....but can't one use the supplied morphs to change Jessie's head and face (at least) into a character that does not look like the default at all?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 4:36 AM

Quote - I have never tried it....but can't one use the supplied morphs to change Jessie's head and face (at least) into a character that does not look like the default at all?

Nope.  The supplied morphs are for expressions only.  The body morphs are very limited, too.  Even with the morphs, such as they are, you are stiill stuck with the ludicrously short arms and weird overall shape.  

There may be other morphs to buy but who in their right mind is going to buy extra stuff for such a bloody awful model?

My Store

My Gallery

raelislington ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 2:22 PM

Jessie looks horrible to me. I've never had any use for a female mesh, but I was gifted with V4 a few days ago, and she's actually the most versitile figure I've used next to AM.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 2:53 PM

Quote - Jessie looks horrible to me. I've never had any use for a female mesh, but I was gifted with V4 a few days ago, and she's actually the most versitile figure I've used next to AM.

Grand pic!  Love the lighting.

My Store

My Gallery

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 3:02 PM

there's tremendous peer pressure to buy the latest model. the galleries at the poser sites are there primarily for users to show off their renders of their latest purchases, and these sites would go belly-up if folks were still using posette. daz must get a bit nervous every time a new version of this thread appears here. or maybe not. maybe they understand the demographic rather well by now.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 4:57 PM

file_385774.jpg

A Posette that can be textured with V3 textures can generate revenus too, especially for texture artist.  So can a V4 that takes V3 skin textures. DPH

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 4:58 PM
dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 4:59 PM

file_385777.jpg

Texture is from Freckle Pack for V3. DPH

Morgano ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 5:53 PM

Neither of them is exactly a stunner, to be brutally honest.   Apart from the skin tone, they look pretty much the same, as well, which rather proves my point.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.