Mon, Sep 9, 6:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: New friends and old friends with new names, who is who?

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2007 at 6:50 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 10:16 PM

Well, let’s talk fairly recent forum nostalgia. After seeing Doublecrash’s post I couldn’t help but wonder what has transpired here. Why with all the name changes and new members coming and going over the years I began to wonder…who’s no longer with us? Who was here for a long time and for whatever reason never returned or decided for whatever reason to change their name? What happened to them?

Of course there’s my old friends who are still here: Danamo, TheBryster, Tjohn, Rayraz, Zhann, Agent Smith, Ang25, Erosiaart, Draculaz, FranOnTheEdge, Foleypro, Nukeboy, Brycetech, Bandolin, CrazyDawg, Elsina, Orbital, rj001, Electroglyph, vsvri, Skiwillgee, ICM, Drawbridgep and many, many more like Auntie-Alias from way back when who we don’t see enough of. But I can’t remember who Death_At Midnight was by previous name (surely someone I argued with…but surely I admire and I’ve known in a cybersense before . Maybe ShadowDragonLord? Maybe I’m all wrong?) and there are so many others who have changed their names and I no longer can keep pace with or solute them appropriately. Ahem...maybe they want it that way, who knows?

Whatever happened to:

Claymore?

Groingrinder?

Swade?

Conniekat8?

Maveeky?

Ardiva?

Estevez?

Chohole?

Nuski?

MuddyGrub?

ShadowDragonLord?

Flak?

Pogmahone?

Boomer?

Madame?

Catlin mc?

mloates?

Pidjy?

RobertJ?

Sking?

Brittmccary?

Sams3D?

SevenOfEleven?

Dennisld?

Sambucus?

Alvinylaya?

Rohi?

Steeleyes101?

GaryAndCathrine?

And so many others who’s name escape me at the moment, all good people. Would be nice to hear from you. And if the reader of this post is interested, chime in and offer a name that’s not on the list who’d you like to hear from or want to know what’s happen to them.

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2007 at 8:53 PM · edited Thu, 16 August 2007 at 8:54 PM

bikermouse
brholt
Madmax
Miden
ornlu
xenic
I miss Catlin

Groingrinder is UVDan
Some of those you've mentioned I've seen here in the past year.
Others I recognise as people who have gone on to be moderators of another forum.

I think it would be cool to post our pics again like we've done in the past.

Doublecrash ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2007 at 10:25 PM

I miss Catlin MC too... and Alvin, most of all. Good ole' Alvinylaya... :)

and Jordan? (aka Woodhurst)? Is he still around?

Sbleci?

Yep, Angela, the pics thread was really cool... maybe we should do that again. :D

skiwillgee ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2007 at 10:29 PM · edited Thu, 16 August 2007 at 10:32 PM

Conniekat8 posted something in critique forum a few weeks ago but her gallery never grew much.
Steeleyes101 is still around but fairly dormant here I think.

What ever happened to

Lordstormdragon (I actually started to like his arrogance)
moongoat (the technical wiz kid)

@ Quest

dang, I didn't think you even knew I existed

@ Ang

You first.  This time in a bikini

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2007 at 11:50 PM

Greetings!

Nope, I have always been me. Where the first primal cell was, there was I. And when the last life crawls under freezing stars, there I will be.  ... ack, hard to step out of my role playing persona....

But seriously though, I have maintained this name since first coming to Renderosity in 2003. Before then I had not joined any gallery site. Before then, I was involved with the Castle Perilous MUD since 1993 and was simply known as Death on that.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 3:38 AM

Hi Quest, I actually was wondering where you were.....I like many am still here with the same name. 
Sharen

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 4:41 AM

Attached Link: http://chohole.francemi.net/

I am still around, I pop in here regularly and browse the forum, but don't seem to have any time to play with my fav app just lately.

My problem is I started giving away a few free textures over at Daz, and it all sort of snowballed.

was gifted with some free web space, and now spend all my time doing stuff for it.

Dare I say it, it is basically poser orientated, so now as well as being a heretic I can also be considered a deserter.

😊

I am sort of popular at Daz frepository however.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

orbital ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 1:07 PM

Not seen anything from Rohi in ages, I know he wasn't really a forum regular but kind of worrying that he hasn't posted anything in his gallery for a long time. I think Pidjy posted fairly recently. Since the site change I don't think there is a way to see the last time someone logged in anymore. Does anyone know if this can be done?

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 2:27 PM

Not sure Orbital, but I'm still hanging around, and I see posts by at least everybody once in a while.....real life sometimes takes us away for awhile but the tried and true always come back to family in the end...=)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 2:33 PM

chohole, your textures are wonderful.

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 2:44 PM

Thanks Sharen.

I don't put them up in freestuff here, because I find that people here just download for the sake of it and that wouldn't be fair on France who is kindly hosting my site. I am getting plenty of traffic as it is and I don't use direct links either, you actually have to go to the site to find the stuff.

How is the family

Pam

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 4:15 PM

ShadowDragonLord (LordStormDragon) are one and same. Think he pops in every now and then to look but posts at deviant arts (I think).

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Aldaron ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 4:28 PM

I'm still here in spirit if not in post :)

I'm a Vue convert which to me is Bryce on steroids.

Ang25 ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 5:34 AM

Hi Aldaron, Long time no see. Hope all is going well for you. I still remember your support back when I was going thru a rough spot, thanks.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 1:47 PM

I'm trying to find work that does not require me to travel so I can spend weekends at home and actually do things that I enjoy like playing with Bryce and Carrara.

danamo ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 5:59 PM

Wow! First on your list!? I'm all verklempt Angelo. ;-) I also have missed a lot of the folks on the lists above and would welcome hearing from them again. I know that Catlin started doing most of her work in Poser, but I haven't seen any posts from her in a while. I also miss her because I always enjoyed her verbal "jousts" with TheBryster.
  Unless my detective work is faulty ShadowDragonLord (LordStormDragon) became InfernalDarkness and he posts an occasional Maya render here at 'rosity.
 Sambucus last posted on Monday, June 19, 2006 2:32 p.m. He cited eye problems as his reason for leaving the forum. He couldn't look at a computer monitor for more than 10 min. at a time because it caused severe eyestrain. It's a damn shame too because I always really enjoyed his eye for details and his "painterly" style.
  Mrdodobird is another favorite of mine who hasn't visited the Bryce Forum for a while. He is doing some of the coolest Blender stuff I've ever seen and is using that app to make his own movies! So talented, and so young. I think he might be the next Speilberg, or Lucas. Humorix hasn't been mentioned yet, but he did some of the most awesome pure Bryce works and he is a really nice guy.

Aldaron ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 6:37 PM

Quote - I'm trying to find work that does not require me to travel so I can spend weekends at home and actually do things that I enjoy like playing with Bryce and Carrara.

Yeah I'm in almost the same boat except without the travel. I'm with a temp work company at the moment but would love to get into the Graphic Design kind of work but it seems companies want experience, college education, or showing published work or a combination of the 3.

Ang, how's it going? I'm fine for the most part :) Haven't done any renders in almost 3 years now :( Kinda got caught up in the MMO world LOL.

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 7:53 PM

I'm missing OCDoug a lot, that man cranked out the most wonderfull moody scenes at an amazing rate. Plus his guitar playing was pretty good also!

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 8:41 PM

He (OCDoug) posted one recently.

danamo ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 8:50 PM

Oh yeah, and lets not forget derjimi!

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 7:12 AM

Oh Yeah... I've always been using this name since I joined here.

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 7:36 AM

I can add a bit to Danamo's comment about Sambucus.

Last time I spoke to Alan he said he was suffering from age related macular degeneration, which unfortunately is a non reversible thing and at the present moment it also appears to be untreatable, especially over here in the UK. Haven't had a mail or IM from him for some time.

He is one of the few brycers that is older than me, it's an awful shame. WHat can one say.

Ang25 ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 8:43 AM

There is also FWTempest. Didn't he have a boy and named him Bryce? I think he popped in a few times but I haven't seen from him in a while.

danamo ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 2:09 PM

Ah yes, His Eminence, Cardinal FWTempest. Who could forget? ;-)

Doublecrash ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 4:58 PM

Hm... so, no news about Jordan/Woodhurst?

And Jstsittinghere?

PS: Glad to read you all again :)

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 7:35 PM · edited Sun, 19 August 2007 at 7:36 PM

And I remember Alan Clough   aka Cloughie

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 8:15 PM

Quote - He (OCDoug) posted one recently.

omg! awesome! rushes off to check it

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2007 at 6:52 PM

Wow, so many other names that I surely knew and haven’t seen for some time.

bikermouse
brholt
Madmax
Miden
ornlu
xenic

Woodhurst

LOL…well with all the name changes I thought ShadowDragonLord, LordStormDragon and Death_at_Midnight were one and the same person for some reason. Sorry about that D_A_M!

Skiwillgee, you kidden? ;)

Hi Sams3D since I’m still on my old computer using Windoze Me and since Bryce 6 doesn’t work on ME and Renderosity changed their code and I keep crashing on Microsoft Explorer so I need two web browsers to come on here I only pop in every once in a while to see what’s up. But I do come around and I haven’t seen many of the old names floating about anymore.

@Danamo…LOL…I’d go see a doctor about that, sounds bad whatever it is.

I’m so sorry to hear about Sambucus’ situation. Not a good thing to happen to anybody but such a talented artist it’s a real shame and a loss to us all.

It’s really nice to see all you guys and gals coming out of the woodwork to say hello and to let the rest of us know. Thankx!

Quest

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2007 at 3:22 AM

I miss Ornlu's creations with zillions of metaballs, and Catlin keeping the Bryster in line ;)

ConnieKat posts in some of the other forums ( Max? Challenge Arena? )

There are a lot of folks on that list that were both talented and gave good input on this forum.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Elsina ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2007 at 10:32 AM

Ah I miss Alvinlaya's work and loved to see Rohi's work as well. Woodhurst started modelling (love his LOTR stuff). Madame left after some row I think, but I saw her work elsewhere. People usually start with Bryce and learn trough the years, touch other software and move on.
I myself find I dont have the time for Bryce as I used to have and wish I had, but still rendering from time to time. (also doing a lot of work in Poser, making textures for it, and started modelling with Hexagon).

My gallery @ Renderosity

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2007 at 6:51 PM

Lordstormdragon is over at CGTalk .

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2007 at 4:48 PM

Is he, really? I kind of miss him.  I must try and take a look over there.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 3:22 AM · edited Wed, 29 August 2007 at 3:22 AM

Heya Quest - I'm still around, but more in spirit it seems than in posting quantity. I seem to spend more time making models than scenes these days, and seem to spend more time playing with the programs of the heretics than bryce. That being said, this forum is still the place I visit first at Rosity.

As for others - I think ConnieKat has spent a bit of time in the poser forums as well.
Woodhurst - haven't seen him in ages. From last contact I had with him, it sounded like real life was taking off as it does when you're his age.
Catlin - I have seen her at DAZ, but not often and its been a while.
Sking - was having kids last I remember.
Garyandcatherine - Vue has lured them away.
xenic - is a DAZ merchant/content maker last I spoke to him.

I think Elsina covered it pretty well when she said that people start at bryce or are drawn into 3d by bryce, then use it as a stepping stone to move onto other things - there's a lot of other brycers that have moved onto other 3d endeavours and softwares.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Gog ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 4:08 AM

Hey Flak, Haven't seen you around for a while, I miss the skeletons :lol:

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 4:27 AM

Hey Gog - By the end of that series, I was pretty sick to death of skeletons, so it could be a while before they see the light of day again - and besides, Robbie robots (tm Drac) are much more compliant for deviant purposes. 

Though, rest assured, all of the skeletons are  piled neatly away in a closet for future reference if needed ;)

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

brycetech ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 7:16 PM

I'm still around...I come in daily, but rarely post anymore.

Nice to see some of the 'old hands' post when a role call is made :)

hi sharen! I was wondering what ever happened to you (sams3d).

wonder who else will say hi?  how about calyxa? where's she at now?

BT

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2007 at 2:41 AM

Yeah, what ever did happen to derjimi ?

scoleman123 ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2007 at 8:22 PM

Moomgoat just got back, at least he is back to posting in his gallery. SDL or LSD one of the two names is banned, and i think the other is a floater, really miss him. I miss Claymore, flack and Pidjy. Grayandcathrine i think is in a differnt world now, cinima or carrarrarrraaarraaa (never will spell that correctly) yeah, what ever happened to swade, i saw a comment on a post from him a while back i think... Its funny, being gone for a while, you tend to miss the people you never really knew. Just throwing this out there, www.myspace.com/scoleman123 any one else have one?

facebook.com/scoleman123

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.