Sun, Oct 6, 2:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: IPoserworld recommendations

flibbits ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 2:42 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 7:49 AM

Poser World has a yearly or lifetime membership.  I'd like feedback before I would commit.

When searching for content for specific figures, I find only a few items each, for example for Hiro 3 and Aiko3.  Is there more content than shown on the site?  Are the CDs worth the investment?

In short, I'm looking for lots of clothes and hair and poses and wonder if PoserWorld will fill the bill.

mrsparky ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 2:50 PM · edited Wed, 29 August 2007 at 2:51 PM

I've been a subscriber for a few years now with no complaints. 
Theres so much stuff on the site it takes days to download it all -and for no extra charge.  
Steve is always great on the customer service front as well. 

If the $20 trial offer is still on try it - you won't be dissapointed.  

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 3:13 PM

with the new web design, what you see is everything, although there are some older things that havent gotten posted to the new site.

Steve does support a wide variety of figures so not everyone has tons of stuff. Upside is Steve often can do requests and sometimes converts clothing to fit multiple figures.

Ive been a life time member for a few years now and don't regret it.
as for the CDs i don't beleive there is anything on them that is not avaiable for download, it just saves you the time of downloading.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 9:11 PM

..it's a website, not a spouse...;) unless, of course, your Poser addiction is out of hand..you get more value per time period as a life member (and the yearly can go up next year, but with lifetime, they're stuck..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

mickmca ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 6:16 AM · edited Thu, 30 August 2007 at 6:17 AM

PW is the only site where I would consider a lifetime membership. First off, I trust Steve to honor his commitment to the site and make a lifetime membership worthwhile. Secondly, the CDs are a diskload of stuff, hundreds of items. Perhaps not for the toon figures (I don't have them), but with more variety than any commercial offering I know of. As has been mentioned, PW is also quick to do requests, like the Apache costume. And finally, their orientation is toward the real world professional, not fantasy chic and burlesque heroic. i don't need another set of "Guardian" armor or Burlap Bikini for Mike's MFD.

Oh, I didn't say so explicitly: I have a lifetime membership. No regrets.

cspear ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 6:47 AM

I went for the 1 month PW trial ($20). The stuff on there is fine, certainly good value, but after a downloading binge I think I've got everything I want.

I've found that there are quality control  issues with some items: missing textures; missing .obj files; inexplicable behaviour of certain props. But hey, lot's of the stuff is really good.

Their clothing items don't come with much in the way of standard morphs, and somewhat frustratingly many of these items don't work with Netherworks' Clothing Kits, but some do.

I'd recommend going for the 1 month trial first, you'll certainly get your money's worth.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 8:03 AM

I got a Lifetime subscription when they were threatening to eliminate it. Never felt like I waisted my money. PW has saved my ass more than once with just the right thing to finish a scene.

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

jefsview ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 2:58 PM

I was one of those that was hesitant about even getting a subscription, but after I did, I was pleasantly surprised with the amount and variety of items available that Poserworld is always the first place I check when I'm looking for an item. When you join, you automatically get the DVD with the older items (which are not in runtime folders, and, yes, sometimes have some bad code or missing textures, etc. But they were created back when Poser was new software and the advancements were limited). 

I heartily recommend whatever you can afford. The $20 for 1 month is still going on, so try it out. And yes, A3/H3 don't have as much, but what they do have cannot usually be found anywhere else. And that is the beauty of Poserworld -- to find that which no other store offers.

Poserworld is a valuable resource for me, and I have not regretted my yearly subscriptions. I would go lifetime if I could afford the amount, but I have limited funds. 

-- Jeff

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 3:50 PM

I've found that my Poserworld subscription makes a good combination with PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard. That takes care of any awkwardnesses with morphs, and opens up the range of figures. Often, the variations available on Poserworld allow a closer starting point. SP3 to A3 works better than V3 to A3, for instance. Boots can still go oddly, but you can often hide the foot-parts, even the whole leg. Remember that there are often multiple clothing sets, for the different Poser figures, which take the same texture. I wonder if you just missed the seperate textures zipfile. There's no doubt in my mind that a Poserworld sub is the best value for money in the business, and it can only get better.

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 4:15 PM

If you favour "real life" scenes then Poserworld is hands-down the best value purchase you can make. If you have unlimited bandwidth and a fast connection, as someone said, go for the 1 month. You will almost certainly renew ;-)

They also do historical "costume" type things very well, as well as a fairly good proportion of sci-fi stuff.

They don't tend to do much on fantasy, so if you are into faeries or the more fantasy/pinup type costumes then it may not be such good value for you.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

lemur01 ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2007 at 2:12 AM

PoserWorld rocks. Whenever you are in that position of needing a thingamajig to finish your set... chances are you'll find it (or a close match) at PoserWorld.
Notice of new stuff is emailed to you, so you are always abreast of what's going on there too and you can correspond directly with the product creators, which is always good.
Ok, some of the older stuff occaisionaly has problems but if you let them know about it they will sort it out.
I think most of my renders contain at least one PoserWorld element in them and many are used again and again.
All in all, best bang for your money around, and yes, i have a lifetime membership.

Jack

vilian ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2007 at 3:02 AM

Still got the monthly trial mentally wishlisted (b-day coming soon... sigh...) Looks like it's absolutely awesome deal for getting scenery stuff and Dork&Posette/V2&M2/V3&M3 clothes. When it comes to Aiko and Hiro it's still a good deal but only if membership is combined with clothes converting and morphs creating/transferring utilities.

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

flibbits ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2007 at 5:49 PM

"...but only if membership is combined with clothes converting and morphs creating/transferring utilities."

How is that done?

Farside ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2007 at 11:29 PM

I've been a lifetime member for several years now and never regretted it, especially since he makes clothing for Apollo, the G2 characters and others that the merchants here totally overlook and don't even remember exist.

flibbits ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2007 at 3:45 PM

What are the good clothes converting utilities?

lemur01 ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2007 at 4:10 PM

I can only reccomend PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard, partly because it's the only one i've used but also because i think it is the most reccomended.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.