Sun, Sep 22, 7:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Question to C6 Pro users about morphs

Balaenanun ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2007 at 9:03 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:31 AM

Hello Smile 

I'd like to know if any of you has tried to import only a figure in C6 Pro, morph it with standard tools or displacement brushes, then export as single part morph or full body morph, for use in Poser or DS. Does it work well ?

It interests me because I create head morphs in Hex 2, but it's not very stable (I don't use 2.2 because I don't want to use the script to make it work) and won't allow me to do FBMs.

Also, according to the comparison chart, C6 standard doesn't have as many modelling features, so I guess it will be pretty useless for this kind of work. What do you think ?

Thank you !

Bala

Visit my website / Visit my Renderosity store/ Visit my Daz3d store

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2007 at 4:45 PM

If you go the the Carrara forums at Daz3D and poke around, it appears in it's native form, exporting any model created out can not be used with D/S or Poser. There are many people asking for a 3rd party vendor to build a plug in to do just that. Based on the target customer for Carrara, one has to assume somebody will create such a product. Much like you it appears there are content creators looking to use carrara as part of their work flow.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Balaenanun ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2007 at 8:04 PM

Thx for your answer, it's illuminating ^^ I hadn't seen the threads you speak of.
To think that it cannot export as an obj for a morph target, it's incredible. (0.o')

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2007 at 9:30 PM · edited Wed, 05 September 2007 at 9:31 PM

bal, I'll see if the c6pro morphs will open in poser. they have in the past, but now the directory structure is completely different. if ya ask at daz, I'd be interested in what they say about it, if anything. they don't support poser, but some of their techs may understand how shared runtimes work, in case they need an hint.

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2007 at 11:10 PM

See the post here http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=65549&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=36

look for the post by Deecey

I think they are referrring to outputing a fully rigged scene back into D/S-poser, not exporting and obj file

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2007 at 11:36 PM

deecey definitely knows what she talkin' 'bout she wrote the definitive book on poser but of course there is absolutely no reason to export a scene back to poser and the slower-than-molasses, GI-unsupported FFRrender IMVHO.

Balaenanun ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2007 at 6:27 AM · edited Thu, 06 September 2007 at 6:30 AM

Hi, thx for your help :)
My original question is if it is possible to make simple or full body custom morphs (only geometry, not a rigged figure etc, and export in .obj format, like I do in Hex 2), in order to create regular morph inject files (in Poser) and redistribute to Poser/Studio users... 
Like grichter said, I'm a content creator who wants to use Carrara in her workflow ^^ Not only a user who wants to use her own character in Carrara only.
I haven't had any replies from the Daz forum yet.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2007 at 2:40 PM

my first three attempts exporting morphs from carrara to poser failed. poser crashed the first attempt, and the other two had "wrong number of vertices". but there are still plenty of other things to try. however, I'm confident that somebody has already done it, and although s/he may not have publicised it yet, said person will no doubt do so soon, especially if it gets incorporated in his/her next book.

Balaenanun ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2007 at 4:44 PM

Hehe, thanks for the input Miss Nancy, I hope this person steps out of the shadows ;)
I really hope it's possible to make FBMs :P

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.