Mon, Jul 8, 2:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: hate shadow flickering!

zglows ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2007 at 6:57 PM · edited Fri, 23 February 2024 at 2:40 AM

how do i get rid of flickering in shadows?
i have vue infinite 6.5 and i've been tweeking some values with no result
the tree shadows keep on flickering...
please help me

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2007 at 2:55 AM

You need to use very high anti aliasing settings. Using the soft antialiasing strategy helps too. Also, it's good to delete bump from distant objects/trees  if they are not seen too close, it will reduce the flickering, grain, and speed up render times. 
In the advanced animation parameters window, you can also define a distance blurring. If you use this, use a very low %, and a small radius, otherwise it will be too blurred.
I suggest you buy one of the scenes from Philippe Bouyer at Cornucopia3D, he's responsible for the demo reel of Vue6Infinite, so you can learn more about animation in Vue. They are very unexpensive, and highly informative.

zglows ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2007 at 11:46 AM

who are you? just a guy helping me out or god?? always so correct...
thanks so much!!! i'm going to check out all this stuff now

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2007 at 11:54 AM

I could reply I'm the best, but I'd be stealing someone else' motto, so just call me God!

zglows ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 2:19 PM

hahaha lol

war2 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 4:30 PM

:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.