Sun, Oct 6, 1:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Reducing the noise/grain in animated ecosystems, which settings?

quetzalcoatl1967 ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2007 at 2:54 AM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 8:53 AM

I succeeded to reduce the grain perfectly by upping all the advanced indirect lighting settings. But the render time went up from some 40h to about 100.

Dont want to test all the settings, does anybody know which of them are especially effective to reduce that noise (for animation, not stills)?

jc ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2007 at 9:12 PM

Try the animation topic at Cornucopia 3D?
I don't know the answer, not being an animator, but i know it's been discussed there several times.

madmaxh ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2007 at 9:19 PM

Larger render sizes seem to help for stills. Perhaps the same is true for animations.

Powertec ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 12:34 AM

I render my animations to single jpeg frames then compile them in Flash. For some reason this is the only way I was able to tame the noise, flickering, and grain I was getting otherwise.

war2 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 4:15 PM

mm rendering to image seequences is a must when it comes to animation for a multitude of reasons, gives you alot more control over postwork amongst others and makes it dead drop easy to redo a specifiq frame in your animation.

hamiltonpl ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2007 at 3:31 PM

I use the image sequence option in Poser and like it for the same reasons you give too.  I have VUE Easel.  Is this available in VUE Easel or only Infinite?  I can't seem to find which version of VUE allows this. tks!

Windows 10 - Poser Pro 2012 - 64Bit - 24GB RAM - 4 x 3.40 GHZ processor

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.