Sun, Sep 22, 1:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Texture WIP: Need opinions

MrGorf ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2001 at 10:04 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:21 AM

file_175432.jpg

Hello, I'm working on a "freckled" texture. I could use a little input... Any opinions or suggestions? Thanks!

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2001 at 11:14 PM

I like it. With green eyes she will be too cool. Marque

angola ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 6:21 AM

She is very, very freckly! Don't get me wrong. I like freckles (especially these ones). But is she not a little over-freckled. A frekking wreck of reckless freckliness, is certainly going too far, but she is spotty! Does anyone know of a way avoid the distorion on the cheeks apart from remapping the head?

-renapd- ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 8:22 AM
Site Admin

Angola..just use the grouping tool and assign new material to the cheecks..that way you'll have your way once you apply a new square map! :o)

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

angola ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 8:32 AM

Hmmm... doesn't that run a risk of the overlying and underlying textures not matching up? Seems a lot easier to work with than mapping the whole head though. Thankyourenapd. Might I suggest MrGorf, that you use the grouping tool to asign a new material to the cheeks - it may avoid the distortion your freckles are experiencing. I thought of that all myself - I did!

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 9:51 AM

Actually I think it's great, and I know of at least 3 people that have that many freckles. You throw a red hair prop on her and she will look so cool. As a nurse I saw tons of people with freckles, most of them were cute. Males as well as females, although they hated them the most...lol When you have them they aren't so cute. I like the idea that you are pushing the line and making a female who isn't so "perfect". Keep up the good work. Marque

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 10:24 AM

The freckles seem to be a little big. I don't doubt the amount but the just the size S As a fan of freckles and all they just seem a little spotty to me ...

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 10:53 AM

Well I have seen them this big, and I love them. If you decide to change them please save this map as well, I would love to have it. 8^) Marque

MrGorf ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 11:17 AM

file_175434.jpg

Thanks for the opinions... As to why the freckles are so big... As you know, the body map gets much more "expanded" in size than the head map. So, to keep the freckles on the head similar in size to the body ones, I made them bigger. Perhaps I did get a little carried away but I'm sure you've all seen people who look like this! :) About distortion on the cheeks: well, here's some freckles that aren't round! ;) But anyway, instead of remapping the head, maybe I could just make the cheek freckles tall and narrow instead of round - so they would look more round. Would that work? Same for the breast area? Note: "Very Temporary" eyebrows in this picture!

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 11:55 AM

A freckle is a patch of melanin in the skin that is not perfect, should never be "perfect". If you make them round instead of what you started out to do, we will have yet another "perfect" map. Stay with your original idea, don't be swayed on this one. You can always test the waters with it once it's done and create the perfect map to go with it, that is..if you are selling it. 8^) I would buy this map just for it's imperfections. Marque

angola ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 12:18 PM

Hey, I've seen people with eyebrows like that! Ah... just kidding! If I've been picky, it's because the overall effect is well worth the tinkering. May she could have some melanin in her nippls too! BTW nice hair.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 12:29 PM

She does, that's what makes your skin color what it is, and why you tan instead of burn....lol Marque

Mercy ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 4:09 PM

So what's wrong with us folks that only burn? I'm a natural red head and since this is freckle talk I'd just like to point out a couple of things... I have freckles... now personally I don't have that many freckles LOL... I have them all down the tops of my arms, a few on my face and some along my shoulders and neck area... they get more pronounced in the summer (ie: in the winter I don't have freckles on my neck area at all). I have to agree with the person who said this texture is too freckley... that many freckels all over the face is very rare actually... and I don't think I've ever seen freckles on the stomach or breast area of any red head I know, including myself and my mother... then again... that's just us ;)

pnevai ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 4:10 PM

This looks more like spots. THe problem is that every thing has freckles. The ears, inside the nose. the eyelids etc. the nipples the entire brest. Some areas of the skin are just not effected this densely. You need to rework it and be more selective.

Mason ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 5:33 PM

Also cluster them. My sister is freckled with red hair and she has clusters around the eyes and other areas that get lots of sun like upper arms etc. Also these seem to uniform in size. Don't just take the difuse spray can and blend. Try and work up from a base skin texture making barely noticable freckles on each stage. She looks like she has chicken pocks right now. Cluster them and make them varous shades. Nice try on this though.

pnevai ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 5:40 PM

I suggest you down load the most excellent Vicky Buster texture. Use that as a guide for your freckles, SnowSultan had an uncanny knack for applying just the right type of skin textures for the body. Mason is right on track. Freckles are much more pronounced in areas that are exposed to the sun and much lighter and less dense in the areas that are not. Using the Multiply setting on your layers rather that the normal additive mode will help with this.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.