Sun, Oct 6, 4:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Some of my pictures as welcome signs for the national parc !

GiMi53 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 11:47 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 4:22 PM

in South Belgium, the natural parc (http://www.parcnaturel.be = Parc naturel de la Haute Sûre et de la Forêt d’Anlier is covering 6 villages (Bastogne, Vaux-sur-Sûre, Fauvillers, Habay, Martelange and Léglise), i.e. 72.000 hectares, 32.000 inhabitants.

"Un Parc Naturel est un territoire rural, d’un haut intérêt biologique et géographique, soumis à des mesures destinées à en protéger le milieu, en harmonie avec les aspirations de la population et le développement économique et rural du territoire concerné."

Recently, it was decided to put signs along the main roads entering the natural parc, to welcome the visitors.

For Habay, 5 signs have been installed… and 4 are based on my pictures… I’m very proud… it’s such a nice feeling every week-end to pass along these large reproductions !

Let me show you these different signs…

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

GiMi53 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 11:52 AM

Attached Link: parc du Châtelet (1)

file_387667.jpg

This first sign is  located along the N40 road (Arlon-Habay) at the South-East entrance of the parc... I uploaded this picture in my gallery in May 2007...

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

GiMi53 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 11:58 AM · edited Tue, 11 September 2007 at 12:00 PM

Attached Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_chamaedrys

file_387669.jpg

The second sign is along the N879 road (Tintigny -Marbehan), between Ansart and Harinsart.

I have not yet uploaded this **Germander Speedwell (**Veronica_chamaedrys ) in my gallery

GiMi53 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 12:05 PM · edited Tue, 11 September 2007 at 12:07 PM

file_387671.jpg

The third sign is located along the N87 road (Virton -Etalle-Habay); South-West entrance of the parc.

I have not yet uploaded this picture of the Bologne cascade in my RR gallery !

GiMi53 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 12:10 PM

file_387672.jpg

Sign #4 ismade from my picture of the "Notre-Dame de Grâce" chapel... I will uploaded it later in my gallery...

The sign is located along the N87 road (Attert-Habay); North-East entrance.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 12:12 PM

Hey, that is terrific! Congratulations, they look fantastic. It must be a good feeling! 8') :thumbupboth:

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

GiMi53 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 12:14 PM

file_387673.jpg

The fifth sign (not one of my pictures) is representing objects found on the gallo-roman site of Mageroy in Nantimont.

It is located along the road going from "Les Coeuvins" (exit 29 on the E411 highway) to Houdemont.

astro66 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 12:42 PM

Congratulations!! They sure are good looking signs, :biggrin:

www.natural-photo.co.uk

"Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships.  ~Ansel Adams"

awjay ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 12:53 PM

congrats my friend.....

they look great

nancyrose ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 1:16 PM

Génial !!!!!! te voilà en "vedette" sur nos routes !!!!!!
BRAVO Michel

mark.spooner ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 2:56 PM

Congratulations!  Well deserved!

jedink ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 3:35 PM

Gratulations mate.

Jaykayyorks ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 3:43 PM

Congratulations they are great shots, well deserved

jcastel ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 3:51 PM

Félicitations!
La récompense d'années de perfectionnement en photographie!
Bonne continuation Michel!

Garlor ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 3:52 PM

You deserve to be really pleased , well done. My national park is wasting thousands of pounds on computor curved granite rock markers

Littlejock ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 5:17 PM

my sincerelly congratulations Sure you feel so happy and proud. Hugs

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 5:39 PM

Wow, I am so happy to see your wonderfull work on display Michel. What an achivement.

seeya  Tunde

rainbows ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 6:00 PM

OOOoooo! They do look wonderful, dear Michel! You have a right to be very proud. I would be too. I am so happy for the recognition of your splendid work. It must be the best feeling!! I have had one work published, I was walking on air for weeks!! :-)) HUGS, DiDi.

Ionel ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2007 at 6:54 PM

I know how you feel! I'm very happy for you!!! Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milouv ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 2:42 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Excellents panneaux publicitaires. La région wallonne peut faire appel à tes services.

alhak ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 9:43 AM

I'm impressed and so happy for you! Congratulations, what a great thrill

Onslow ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 11:26 AM

Congrats Michel an achievment to be proud of :)

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

Tanchelyn ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 4:44 PM

Certainly another reason to visit this natural park.

There are no Borg. All resistance is fertile.

jinet ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 7:18 AM

C'est génial !

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 7:59 AM

That's fantastic - I'm so happy for you. You're one of the genuine people in the photography gallery and I'm really pleased you're making a success.

Rights Come With Responsibilities VAMP'hotography Website VAMP'hotography Blog

olivier158 ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 9:00 AM

hey Congrats Gimi ! bravo mon ami !!!

Cosme..D..Churruca ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2007 at 2:57 AM

Congrats Michel ! Bravísimo!

Laelia ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2007 at 9:08 AM

Un espace de plus en fonction sur rendo ...? Pas bien saisi...faut dire que pas trop le temps de lire
En attendant c'est une bonne idée et un bon photojournalisme sur la Belgique
Beau travail Michel
q:) Magali

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 16 September 2007 at 9:38 PM

I am proud of you...fine stuff and recoginzed as worthy.

kimariehere ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2007 at 12:24 AM

wonderful that your work is for all to drive by to see !!!   what a lucky park to have you as thier photographer sorry i am late on seeing this  congrads!

kimmers ♥ :O)

oscilis ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 4:59 AM

Congratulations. That must be a great feeling when you drive by. Super images indeed.

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 10:58 AM

:thumbupboth:   Congratulations Michel! How wonderful for you! They're all really lovely.

Thank you for sharing this very happy occasion with us.

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

nathalie06 ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 11:28 AM

Génial !!!! Moi aussi je suis fière de toi Michel, et puis ces 4 photos sont vraiment très belles et représentatives. Et puis qui sait.... maintenant que tu es exposé comme ça, cela peut aussi t'apporter d'autres contacts et d'autres belles aventures. J'espère que ton nom est visible.... mais quand on veut contacter quelqu'un de toute façon, on y arrive ! Chapeau grand frère !!!! Gros gros bisous Nathalie

GiMi53 ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 3:35 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1704773

The Bologne cascade in my gallery  (see link), to celebrate the release of **Ingrid Betancourt** !

"LIBRE !"

bentchick ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 7:37 PM

Wonderful!!! I'm so happy for you! And they look sooooooo good too!!! Makes me want to make a trip there just to see them in person! Congratulations and I hope this is just the beginning of a well deserved recognition!!!! Big hugs!!

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

GiMi53 ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2008 at 4:21 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1435071

file_409621.jpg

my picture "Parc du Châtelet" (see link) has now also been choosen to illustrate a new panel of the "Parc Naturel Haute-Sûre Forêt d'Anlier" !

GiMi53 ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2008 at 4:23 AM · edited Mon, 07 July 2008 at 4:26 AM

file_409622.jpg

On the left, Mr Benoit Lutgen, Regional Minister of Agriculture and Tourism. On the right (with the microphone), Mr Serge Bodeux, Mayor of Habay.

olivier158 ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2008 at 4:25 PM

bravo michel !
aller aller je me tente sur Namur :oP

MikeB ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2008 at 9:22 PM

Awesome to have your pics chosen to represent the area, they will be viewed by so many people!! congratulations

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 6:45 AM

This is very good...enjoy some fruit of your talent.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.