Sun, Oct 6, 9:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Wings/ Bryce Face..

darkness_02 ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 5:18 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 9:48 AM

file_387806.jpg

Hay all...

Well I've been using both bryce and wings3D for a bit now and have been meaning to create something a bit harder and well here my first try at a face... lol bad i know but for a first time... Well I'd like to know your input on it and is there any where i can get some helpful infor from... ???

Looking forward to reading your comments....

You imagination is your only limitation.

Check out Dark Design for freebies for your own artwork.

Sitemail Dark Design

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 6:53 PM

I have to tell you that your creation is really amazing....  I have tried Wings on and off for a couple of years now and I could not get behond a square......  lol...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 7:28 PM

hey its kinda funny lookin :-P
There should be some nice head modelling tutorials throughout the net but im not at al aware of wings' modeling capabilities.. Can you draw curves or extrude edges? and how does the welding option work? is it any good?
If you can extrude edges, pul vertices, and weld vertices, you should be able to make something work. Usually people start out with an eye socket, or mouth or nose or even just those parts seperately, then set out a basic head-shape, work on cheeks, lips, chin, etc.
Important to make a nice head is to use reference material! And the wire topology is important too. Just work on individual shapes first rather then the whole head as a total concept.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 8:13 PM

file_387832.jpg

Post a wireframe. Be better off posting it in the Wings and/or 3d modelling forums.

I'd say off hand that you need some edge loops around the eyes for starters; to ease the eyes socket back into the head. It's hard to tell without seeing a wireframe.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

darkness_02 ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 8:47 PM

file_387838.jpg

hay..

Well I redid it... and this time it a lot better... still have a long way to go... but I'm hoping to stay with the cartoon style of things...

looking forward to what you all think... lol

and thanks for all your hope... keep it coming... lol

Sitemail Dark Design

darkness_02 ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 8:49 PM

hay dvlenk6... dam that good... did you do that... sweet if you did... but thats a long way off my skills... but very cool tho....

dark**

Sitemail Dark Design

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 8:54 PM

I used one of Teyon's (the 3d modelling forum moderator) low poly base meshes to start with.
I loaded a project human mesh into wings and worked alongside it, so i could look at the topology of the other mesh. So I wouldn't say it is my own creation. It is more of a learning exercise.
I haven't done a lot of character modelling; and thought that would be a good way to go about learning. I've made some low poly game figures, but nothing very detailed.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 9:50 PM

That's not bad Dark....  I like your style of your cartoon figure.... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 10:48 PM

it's got possibilities..;) hey, I haven't tried too many faces; it's harder than it looks...keep up with it.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

darkness_02 ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 2:56 AM

file_387869.jpg

Well i've worked a bit more on the textuers and added some very simply legs/ feet....

Getting there...

like to hear you input still on this tho....

dark

Sitemail Dark Design

waldomac ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 11:54 AM · edited Thu, 13 September 2007 at 11:58 AM

file_387908.jpg

well, I like it. I've done some cartoony stuff like this, and i've experimented with all sorts of workflows. Wires would help us, as dvlenk6 mentioned. Wires reveal kinks or bad spots in geometry that can be simplified or the topography changed to make your models better and more efficient.

Here a few characters I've done, and these wires give you a bit of an idea all the drastic differences you can achieve.

I am actually supposed to build a character this week for one of our departments, so I may post it on this list when I get it done. It is not the most original idea, but it's for our cardiac rehab, so I am making a heart-guy who can be posed to do the various exercises, etc.

I love what  you have here. Nice character. Simple and cool. I'm looking forward to what you put up in the future.

darkness_02 ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 12:40 PM

Attached Link: My New Character.. lol

Well been working like mad on this... and have done all i can on my own.... Well hope you all like the little guy..

hay waldomac cool set of characters you have here... and looking forward to seeing that heart guy soon... lol...

I'l be uploading a Wire frame soon... lol... so keep ur eyes open for it... lol

many thanks all...
Dark

Sitemail Dark Design

waldomac ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 12:45 PM

I like it. Rendering is not a problem for you, so that is good. Once you really get the hang of Wings, you'll find it a super tool to have.

Have a great day. Keep 'em coming.

waldomac ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 12:36 PM

Attached Link: Heart-guy thread...

I didn't want to hijack this thread, so here is where you can find the Cardiac Rehab heart-guy.

Those of you who looked at my collage, above, will probably catch the fact that I stole the arms, hands and shoes (kind of my trademark, actually, on the shoes) from the smoke alarm character.

Sometimes you just have to grab what you can get to meet deadlines, and I'd promised the Cardiac Rehab a character by today.

Anyway, the thread is at the attached URL, if you didn't see it on today's board.

Have a good day, all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.