Tue, Oct 22, 4:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: OT: what does your avatar say about you?

cspear ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 3:43 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:27 AM
Online Now!

Attached Link: Link

I thought this was funny. Maybe you will too.

I don't know what mine says about me though.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 3:47 AM

There isn't anything there about kitty avatars.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

originalkitten ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 3:51 AM

That leaves me and you out Acadia lol .......dunno if thats a good or bad thing :/

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 4:04 AM · edited Thu, 13 September 2007 at 4:05 AM

Mine says I have no good pic of me, and Id rather show off my artwork even tho it's lame:lol:

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 4:10 AM

The interpretation of mine is correct.  :lol:   But not for much longer.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 4:24 AM

I know what mine says about me.
It says "beans". shifty eyes

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

ghelmer ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 4:26 AM

That was hilarious!!!!  Mine says misogynistic boozer I think...  I'm not either of those!!  Weird thing, when I was 12 or so I thought Steve Dallas was totally cool!!!  I just thought the pic looked like me as I am now!!!! 

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 8:06 AM

Hmmm nothing about mine either. Oh well wouldn't be the first time..LOL!!

My Facebook Page

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 8:19 AM

ok.. dunno what mine says......

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 8:49 AM

Quote - ok.. dunno what mine says......

Hmmm... Seal of Rassilon... Well, it says you're an anorak.  😉

My Store

My Gallery

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 8:51 AM · edited Thu, 13 September 2007 at 8:51 AM

looks at his leather jacket... denim jacket... boots.. iron maiden t-shirts....

do they make a Demin/Leather Anorak? ;)

and... you spotted it was the Seal ;)

DarkEdge ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 8:52 AM

So I happen to like looking through keyholes, you wanna fight?
lol!

Comitted to excellence through art.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 9:01 AM

Quote - looks at his leather jacket... denim jacket... boots.. iron maiden t-shirts....

do they make a Demin/Leather Anorak? ;)

and... you spotted it was the Seal ;)

I didn't say I wasn't an anorak, did I? :lol:

Anyhow, what mine really says is "He's an egotistical asshole who loves to stick his ugly mug wherever he can." :biggrin:

My Store

My Gallery

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 9:06 AM

I am SO not touching that one LOL

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 10:30 AM

Not having an avatar says a lot about me....let's see....lazy...no camera...no time.....lol
Actually have a camera, just afraid I'll break it.

grichter ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 12:55 PM

Absolutely Nothing

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Mogwa ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 1:39 PM

No need for speculation here.

dlfurman ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 1:57 PM

<--------Says it all :)

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 2:04 PM · edited Thu, 13 September 2007 at 2:04 PM

**What they want you to think:

The South Shall Rise Again!

**The Truth:
Freudian analysis: my avatar says that I've always fantisized about fighting nobly for lost causes, so that they'd write a famous tale about my tragic heroism later on -- and the story would ring down through the ages; re: the Song of Roland or Le Morte d'Arthur, or the Spartans at Thermopylae.  In other words: I have delusions of grandeur.

Actually, it's about heritage -- and it's a memorial.  No real significance in the modern world -- beyond cultural.  It's just a looking back.  Plus I'm a history buff.

They buried the Hunley crew not too long ago with full military honors.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 2:18 PM

no klownz at the link in the first message in this thread, either. I got avatars disabled in prefs, but I suspect others use klownz, too. because they're symbols of fun and good humour and all that.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 2:29 PM

P.S. --

For anyone who's really curious, or a history buff -- here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnie_Blue_Flag

Lord_syphex ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 3:35 PM

Nothing. It's a place holder. One which I hate infact. LOL

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 5:44 PM

There should definitely be a "cats" category.

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 5:59 PM

Mine says: 1) I didn't want to put up a picture of a dung beetle 2) I collect weird comics 3) I like people to think I am a little schizoprenic.....when in fact I am VERY schizophrenic Scarab

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 9:22 PM · edited Thu, 13 September 2007 at 9:22 PM

don't see a category for me. Mainly trying to mold Mike into a Pakled from Star Trek. Using one model, and realized the original episode was much simpler..;) Someday I'll make a morph that doesn't arrange things 'out of order'...sigh..;)

old, not fat, much better on line than in person...;)

@Xenophonz - hurrah, hurrah for the Bonnie Blue flag that wears a single star...;) ironically, although you want the South to rise again, you have a pic of one of the most famous Southern subs that sank...3 times...;) (Pakled lives hard by the South, stuck somewhere in rural NC...;)

@ Khai- I think that's one rank above a Bajoran Vedic...;) looks Celtic to me..;)

@Sam Therapy- hey, to be an egotistical @#$%...who shoves his mug into the spotlight...sounds like a typical lead singer...which is what the picture looks like to me...;) j/k..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 9:46 PM

Mine says "It's easier to hide the glare from my glasses by using Photoshop"

:lol:

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 10:15 PM

Pakled: Yours says "Trek nerd who needs Geordie to help make it go." Of course the fact that I know that also brands me as a Trek nerd, but I'm ok with that. :lol:

My avatar says "Doesn't have time to render anything but promos"  since I chopped it out of one of my promos.. It also says "put the camera down and back away slowly if you don't want to get hurt." :m_laugh:

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 10:45 PM

Mine is me at 19, in college, on the night of a gallery opening of a friend at college. After that, I went with a slightly older guy to a college town about 30 miles away at about 90 mph, drinking nasty wine, and later - ahem - having fun. How long ago that was, I'm not saying, heheheh. College was good times for me. That's what my avatar says about me. I wanted to stay 19 forever.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2007 at 10:45 PM

Quote - There should definitely be a "cats" category.

I'll second that one!  Or should I say, I meow that one ;)
My avatar says meow... but it may hiss at someone too  =^..^=

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 12:33 AM · edited Fri, 14 September 2007 at 12:45 AM

Quote - @Xenophonz - hurrah, hurrah for the Bonnie Blue flag that wears a single star...;) ironically, although you want the South to rise again, you have a pic of one of the most famous Southern subs that sank...3 times...;) (Pakled lives hard by the South, stuck somewhere in rural NC...;)

Yes, I know.......and that relates to my (joking) comments about "fighting nobly for lost causes". 😉

And remember -- the Hunley sank her target before disappearing -- leaving a mystery wrapped in an enigma for well over a century -- until the sub was found recently.  They still don't know for certain what sank her, although they've got some working theories.  The most plausible one that I've heard being that small-arms fire coming from the men onboard the Housatonic popped a small hole into the Hunley's foward conning tower: causing water to leak in rapidly, and sinking the boat.

And, yes -- three crews died.  Which speaks a lot to the valor of the last crew who went on with the mission in spite of the two crews lost in testing before them.  BTW - the designers of the Hunley actually experimented with steam & electromagnetic propulsion.

The Hunley's third crew achieved the first successful submarine attack in history.  But by that point in the war, it was all too little, too late.  However: that fact doesn't take away from what those men did.

http://www.hunley.org/

No -- when I'm being serious -- the South won't rise again in that fashion, other than in the imaginations of some.  That was a completely different era, with totally different attitudes than today's.  But they deserve their memorials.  In reality: it was American valor on both sides.

More Americans died in the Civil War than have died in all of the other wars that we've fought added up together.  Approx. 650,000 total -- but many of those deaths were due to sickness and poor medical field conditions rather than to actual combat losses.

Plus the battle tactics of that time -- consisting of massed lines of men marching directly at each other under heavy fire  -- lead to absolutely horrendous casualities on both sides.

BTW - in combat, the Union lost many more men than the Confederacy did.  Which has been one of the historical criticisms directed against Grant -- i.e. -- that his winning tactics consisted of using his advantages in men and material by simply throwing his men, pell-mell, into a hellish meatgrinder: thereby overwhelming the less-well-supplied enemy.  He was able to win battles that way.......but at a horrible cost in blood.

After the war, he turned out to be one of the worst presidents that the US ever had.

It's an interesting study to read up on what the leaders on both sides did after the war.  Lee went on to personal hero worship & adulation from both sides for his sterling character and for his strict attention to duty.  People today have no concept of just how popular and how highly thought of Lee was in his own time.

Sherman -- who so famously marched to the sea and took Atlanta -- went on to a far less successful career fighting against the Indians in the American West.  Among other things, he deliberately decimated the buffalo in order to starve out the Indians.

Nathan Bedford Forrest -- about whom it's claimed (but not proven) that he helped to found the KKK, did an about-face and ordered the KKK to disband itself in 1869 (an order which the KKK did not follow) -- not liking the organization's increasing violence.

Such things aren't unusual in history -- humans are full of internal contradictions that way.

dogor ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 12:51 AM

XENOPHONZ, thanks for the history lesson. :) 

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 12:52 AM

Dogor, you are welcome.  😉

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 12:54 AM

Now......to go do a V4 render...........

madmaxh ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 2:14 AM

Mine says female bonehead medusa space vampire.
I'm not any of those (okay, maybe a bonehead), but I liked the colors. :~D

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 3:53 AM

Quote - Now......to go do a V4 render...........

NO !!!....please render something else

My website

YouTube Channel

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 4:34 AM

Mine says I love one of the hardest and fastest games that doesn't use a machine. Even with certain countries trying to turn it into a pussy game. Oh, that and I like to create and animate my own avitars.

winter200 ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 4:38 AM

Mine says I luv my little doggy. He's so CUTE!!!

jfbeute ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 5:14 AM

Mine clearly states: Ugly on the outside but oh so sweet and lovely within.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 6:33 AM

@ Pakled - I combine the worst aspects of egotism>  I'm a lead singer/lead guitarist. :lol:

My Store

My Gallery

melikia ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 12:21 PM

"There should definitely be a "cats" category."

i third that (e)motion....

mine... mmmm... mine says "mostly human with a ton of feline tendencies - such as scratching without warning, and jumping into laps at inoppertune times"

oh... and i want pretty white tiger-striped fur, and a sexy long tail, too......

ppuuuuuuurrrrrr MREOWWWWWWWWWW HISSSSSS ---SCRATCH--- purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

Anniebel ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 5:55 PM

I'm an Ass??

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 7:00 PM

Quote - I'm an Ass??

:lol:

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 7:53 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

melikia ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 9:40 PM

Annibel....

laughing almost too hard to type.....

thanks, i needed that =D
meli

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

still laughing

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 11:45 PM

*How many lead guitarists does it take to change a light bulb? 38...one to change the light bulb, and 37 to say how much better they would have done  it..;)

*Didn't mean to disparage the Hunley, I have to admit it got more press than the Alligator (the Union version) . I didn't know that level of detail, but was familiar with the basic facts. Did a model of the Hunley in Wings once a couple years back.

Had an ancestor who fought in Baylor's Brigade, under Sul Ross..so I could probably go into the great great great 2nd Cousins of Confederate Veterans, or something like that (my grandfather fought in WWI, so we are a bit spread out..;) And to be even more ironic, they're trying to raise the Hunley anyways...so the text still fits. Carry on, for the Bonny Blue Flag...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

dogor ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2007 at 1:37 AM

Wouldn't you say the Civil War was like the second war for independence? Had Washington lost wouldn't he have been branded a rebel? Of course being a slave owner himself along with most of those hot shots back then I don't think it would have been much of a big deal. No the real truth of the matter is George Washington would have fit in better in the south. 

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2007 at 3:03 AM

Quote - No the real truth of the matter is George Washington would have fit in better in the south.  

I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but it sounds rude. :unsure:

Dajadues ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2007 at 3:04 AM · edited Sat, 15 September 2007 at 3:06 AM

Mine says nothing, because Im too lazy to make one. ;)
Not sure what Politics has anything to do with it but, its better than cat pics I suppose.
You all do cat pics but none has a cat avatar? For shame.

Anniebel ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2007 at 7:55 AM

Quote - Annibel....

laughing almost too hard to type.....

thanks, i needed that =D
meli

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

still laughing

You're welcome, I aim to please 😉

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2007 at 10:12 AM · edited Sat, 15 September 2007 at 10:12 AM

Quote - Wouldn't you say the Civil War was like the second war for independence? Had Washington lost wouldn't he have been branded a rebel? Of course being a slave owner himself along with most of those hot shots back then I don't think it would have been much of a big deal. No the real truth of the matter is George Washington would have fit in better in the south. 

Washington was a wealthy Virginia planter.  So -- looking at it in a certain way, he was a Southerner.  Although "North" and "South" weren't yet as sharply defined at that time as they became later.

Culturally, the South tended to follow the old European model of a social structure centered around a landed aristocracy.  And that was one reason why the European powers of the day largely tended to favor the Confederacy over the Union -- plus there was the fact that many Europeans of that era tended to not like America in a general sense: and they wanted to see the US "experiment" fail.  Sounds familiar..................:sneaky:

It's also largely forgotten in the current era that American Indians ("Native Americans" for you politically correct types) also largely regarded the Confederates to be their allies.  This was an attitude which likely derivied from the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" principle.

There's a scene in the Clint Eastwood movie The Outlaw Josie Wales where the Indian chief Ten Bears praises guerilla fighter Wales for being the honorable "Grey Rider" who "would not make peace with the Blue Coats".  No, the Indians had no reason to love the Great White Father in Washington -- so many of the the Indian tribes wanted the Confederacy to win the war.

It's another example of politics making for strange bedfellows and all that.  Even today, I've seen current-day American Indians praising the old Confederacy.  Which can be jarring to those who are unfamiliar with the history behind it.

History is rarely as simple as it's made out to be.  And that's one reason why a study of history is so crucial to understanding the current era -- and the types of things that humans do.

"The American Civil War was about slavery".  Well.......only in part.  It was also about culture, about power, about personal ambitions......it was about human nature.  The reason why we fight and kill each other is because of the war going on inside of ourselves.  And that's got nothing to do with skin color.........it's a disease that ALL mankind has.

The Confederate general Joseph E. Johnston -- who had commanded the defense in Georgia and the Carolinas against William Tecumseh Sherman's famous march, and who later surrendered to Sherman -- served as a pall-bearer at Sherman's funeral.

Here's a quote from Wikipedia:

General Joseph E. Johnston, the Confederate officer who had commanded the resistance to Sherman's troops in Georgia and the Carolinas, served as a pallbearer*. It was a bitterly cold day and a friend of Johnston, fearing that the general might become ill, asked him to put on his hat. Johnston famously replied: "If I were in [Sherman's] place, and he were standing in mine, he would not put on his hat." Johnston did catch a serious cold and died one month later of pneumonia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tecumseh_Sherman

The men of those days had a sense of duty and personal honor which is largely incomprehensible to the 21st century mind -- we've become far too self-absorbed to have the capacity to fit our imaginations around their example.  We have no concept of just how heroic many of them actually were.  On both sides.  Men of such character as they had would be strange and alien creatures: out of place and out of time in today's world.  We consider ourselves to be superior to our ancestors........while the reality is that they were superior to us.

There are still a few left.  Which is a part of the reason why we haven't been destroyed yet.  But -- nowadays -- the typical reaction to men of honor is to hold them up to contempt & to viciously ridicule them.  While the "heroes" are men who are just as self-absorbed and as utterly lacking in personal character as we are.....they are much more within our comfort zone.  They don't shine any lights: so they don't hurt our eyes.

shrug  It's all reflective of attitudes not too far off from the attitudes that prevailed during the last 100 years of the Roman Empire.  Shortly before Rome fell.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2007 at 10:56 AM · edited Sat, 15 September 2007 at 10:56 AM

Quote - Had an ancestor who fought in Baylor's Brigade, under Sul Ross..so I could probably go into the great great great 2nd Cousins of Confederate Veterans, or something like that (my grandfather fought in WWI, so we are a bit spread out..;) And to be even more ironic, they're trying to raise the Hunley anyways...so the text still fits. Carry on, for the Bonny Blue Flag...

There's a photograph of a great-great uncle of mine -- he's wearing his gray lieutenant's uniform.  Also: he could have been my twin brother.

Actually, they have raised the Hunley.  And the credit for that goes to Clive Cussler (the novelist) and his diving team.

http://www.numa.net/articles/navy_credits_clive_cussler.html

I've seen the Hunley in it's preservation tank.  It's a little the worse for wear, of course.  But photos, history, etc. can be seen at the link that I gave in one of my earlier posts:

www.hunley.org

If for no other reason: it's fascinating for those of us who are simply interested in history.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.