Sun, Oct 6, 10:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: New character, as discussed yesterday in Wings/Bryce face thread

waldomac ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 12:30 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 9:58 AM

file_387988.jpg

Hi, all. Just got this rendering out this morning. The department for whom it was made -- after our initial start yesterday with a much less desirable result -- has given me their thumbs up on this character for Cardiac Rehab.

darkness_02 had been experimenting with toony characters, and the time was ripe for this project to be completed, so it dovetails nicely with the recent discussions.

Anyway, here first is the Wings wires. Smoothed wire and Bryce rendering to follow...

waldomac ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 12:31 PM

file_387989.jpg

Here's the smoothed wire...

waldomac ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 12:31 PM

file_387990.jpg

Aaaaand, the Bryce 6 rendering...

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 2:38 PM
Forum Moderator

Beats smiley faced emoticon!!! Great piece. well done!

Nice to see someone using SILO so well!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

waldomac ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 2:54 PM

ha ha. :) Silo. You are a droll man, Bryster.

Thanks for the kind comment, though. I appreciate it.

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2007 at 5:59 PM

Having a partner in and out of a cardiac unit, I think this is great, and it is super 3D work as well.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Quest ( ) posted Sun, 16 September 2007 at 3:14 AM

Hey Waldomac, this is good stuff but if that Bryce rendition is your final take I would ask you to reconsider because you should add a darker or even a colored background to have the character stand out. Right now it all melts together. I love the sneakers and the concept, looks good and excellent work!

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 16 September 2007 at 11:15 AM

yup...good thought. There is a program out there that loves white backgrounds, because they can take the figure out the middle, and make it into a brush or stamp...and they're not careful about copyrights and things like that. Just protect yer work, is all I'm sayin'...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

waldomac ( ) posted Sun, 16 September 2007 at 3:18 PM

It is for a T-shirt. White will work better in this case for that. I got this to them so they could do their work on the T-shirt.

If I were to do a rendering, I would have chosen a different background altogether, so I agree with you.

As far as the brushes, stamps, etc., that is the first I've heard about this, but I can't say it surprises me.  Thanks for the input.:)

pauljs75 ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 11:49 AM

I'd play with the ambient and/or diffuse settings of the heart guy's body so the color saturation matches the rest. It's too faded right now and focus is drawn to the eyes and shoes, rather than the character as a whole. Tweaking the sky settings or lighting could also improve the tonal range. Highlight to midrange seems a little washed out right now.

If re-rendering takes to long, it's probably nothing that an adjustment layer or two with masks applied in PhotoShop couldn't fix. I'd guess that some levels tweaking could make it pop a little better really quick.

Other than that, it's cool.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

UVDan ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2007 at 10:00 PM
Forum Moderator

Great job.  Nice to see you getting work.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.