Sun, Oct 6, 3:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Email spam issue

Nosiferret ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2007 at 10:31 PM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 12:08 AM

Ok, for about 6 months or more now I've been battling spam on my email account that I use for my daily scrolling through Rosity and other Poser sites. I'm getting on average about 20-30 spam messages a day. I created a "throw-away" email address and changed the email that Rosity had for me, within a few hours I started getting spam messages delivered to the "decoy". About 2 months ago I established a Google email account using the same user name, thinking they are using a program that will issue spam using the user name and attaching random email services. I've used the email and have been spam free for that same length of time. I changed my email at Rosity to be the gmail account not even 2 days ago and guess what I'm getting. Spam. There are only a few people I personally know who know my gmail account, and they've known it for over a month. Not one piece of spam. Not even 48 hours after giving Rosity my new email account I've got 11 pieces of spam in my mail box. There is something running on Rosity's system that is skimming email addresses. And possibly who knows what else. This was a experiment, I tried it with the "throw-away" email and now the Gmail that I started getting spam mail within 24-48 hours of changing my email here at Renderosity. If you are not selling email addresses then there is something, a loop hole or what ever, that is getting in and retrieving them. And I hope you will look into it. 

As far as I know I am running a clean system. If someone has had this kind of thing happening to them and have found out it was something on their system, please let me know. But all checkers that I've used have come back saying my system is clean of any bugs. I'm just getting fed up with being bombarded by this spam when I've never had any problems.

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2007 at 11:12 PM

This is being discussed in another thread please don't start a new one. You can join the discussion there. Thank you

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

lemur01 ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 5:58 AM

Can you post a link to that thread please?

Jack

SndCastie ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 11:01 AM · edited Fri, 21 September 2007 at 12:32 PM
lemur01 ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 12:03 PM

Which goes to a forum only the co-ordinators can get to... so how can we join the discussion?!

Jack

kayjay97 ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 12:05 PM

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

SndCastie ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 12:32 PM

Sorry about that fixed it

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.