Tue, Oct 22, 7:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:01 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: What extra features would you like in Wardrobe Wizard?

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 9:26 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:49 PM

What extra features would you like to see in Wardrobe Wizard?

This is not extra figures, these I'll continue to add, what I'm interested in is what additional tools you would like to see added to Wardrobe Wizard?

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 10:03 AM

I dont know of one at this moment ..but im realy curious to see other peoples input.

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

cedarwolf ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 10:07 AM

I'm still waiting on my kids to make good on their birthday gift promis and order WW for me.  I'm with BarCode, I'm interested in what the ongoing user base is interested in adding to an already outstanding program.

Glasswren ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 10:07 AM

At this point, I am only trying to learn the rudiments of the program. I don't really even know what all is in there, so I too will wait with interest what those who know it want to see.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 10:24 AM

The only thing I can think of is if it would be somehoe possible to save out a hybrid character. So that stuff with body handles which (IIRC) WW doesn't handle too well at the moment could be saved simply with that part as dynamic. Like tails on a coat and stuff.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 10:29 AM
  1. A version that's independent of Poser

2. Better conversions of things like straps and other things that often get mangled when converted from one mesh to another leaving a less than desirable conversion that's only good at a distance. 

3. Perfect conversion of gloves and shoes added into the mix.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 11:15 AM

A no breasts option  would be nice. For converting female clothing to males or V3M.  I always end up with some crumples in that area even after smoothing,auto-fit, and expand etc.  

Other than that, it remains a great program,  I use it to convert stuff from a basic figure to a morphed one constantly. :biggrin:

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 11:17 AM

Put the utilities in the P7 scripts pull down menu.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

gagnonrich ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 11:27 AM

As a general rule, anything that simplifies and better automates all the various WW clothing options is the way to go.

1. Automated conversion of nonstandard named items such as helmets, paldrons, coattails (as TrekkiGrrl mentioned), etc. that are part of clothing items, but are not converted by WW. There are workarounds to keep them, but doing those conversions automatically would be better.

2. Automatically convert to scaled figures. There are workarounds to this, but I couldn't get them to work correctly.  Fix this and the process of converting to smaller (children) characters can improve.

3. Do a better job of retaining loose fitted clothing.  WW tends to tightly fit conversions such that a robe becomes form-fitting

4. Handle non-zeroed clothing better. If a clothing item wasn't designed around a zeroed figure, it won't convert correctly without first movnig the clothing item, to fit a zeroed figure, and exporting as a new Obj to give WW a better zeroed starting point. If a clothing item conforms correctly, without poke-through, it would be nice to have WW work from that.

5. A process for the community to create new figure conversions for WW. You're one man and there's only so much that you can do with all the projects you have. If there were a way for the community to develop new figures, nearly every figure would have WW support.

1. A more comprehensive FAQ to incorporate all the little tweaks and nuances to handle the various things that improve a conversion.

I haven't tried to figure out which would be easy or practical. Some, such as making the conversion process more open, probably cannot be done because of trade secrets. I figured it's better to throw everything on the table and let you figure out which are easy to incorporate.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 12:05 PM

The only dificulties I have had are fitting various female clothes to male figures on account of the breast area and fitting loose clothes like the DAZ Billy-T M3 Real Street Wear jacket [http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=4319] to V3 but obviously I don't know if these are unavoidable limits to the software.

The software realy works for me so I really can't think of what could be added. If I am going to go to total fantasy... could WW somehow adjust clothes such as pulling down pants like someone "dropping their pants" or pulling off a T shirt over their head? I have wanted dressing and undressing clothes props for Poser since forever.

metabog ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 12:09 PM

Ditto-ing what Ricky Ramwolf said above about strappy type items. I've had trouble getting workable conversions of suspenders, belts, army soldier chest straps, skimpy bikini bottoms and tops, that sort of stuff. They usually end up looking crumpled.

Also maybe I've just missed this somewhere on Phil's site, but I'm not sure I understand what smoothing by material is as opposed to standard smoothing options.

But this program is really my favorite Poser "add-on"

sebastel ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 12:20 PM

my request would be support of props in order to be able to convert dynamic clothes.

while dynamic clothes can be adjusted to nonmatching figures to a certain extend, using a tool like WW would make this a lot easier and the result even more convincing.

cheers
sebastian

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 12:45 PM

A number of very good points, thank you.

Providing that the prop has external geometry the ability to convert Dynamic clothing is already available in the current version of Wardrobe Wizard.

The one that I was expecting, but not mentioned yet is the option when converting to a morphed version of the base figure to add the conversion as a full body morph of the original clothing. In this way clothing could be created with morphs that would match the body morphs of the figure.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 12:56 PM

I'm thrilled with the WW is right now, so I have nothing to add by way of suggestions.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 12:58 PM

OK, then add that one too Phil. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

sebastel ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 12:59 PM

maybe i just overlooked the way how to do it ... :-)

thanks, will take another close look.
cheers, sebastian

ps: happy mid autumn festival (moon festival) to everyone.

jeffg3 ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 1:00 PM

Quote - the option when converting to a morphed version of the base figure to add the conversion as a full body morph of the original clothing. In this way clothing could be created with morphs that would match the body morphs of the figure.

Yes, I second what that PhilC guy said. He seems like a smart cookie.

You Wardrobe Wizard folks should really think about hiring him.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 1:07 PM
  • Copying bodymorphs to converted clothing, especially JCM-morphs.

• Copying custom moprhs from the original to the converted clothing.

-More correct conversions of  "accessoires" and ornaments,They  tend to loose their form in the conversion-proces (buckles, belts, pockets, etc.)

-like mentioned by others: a more "loose" fitting of robes,shirts and other similar clothing.

Best regards,

Bopperthijs

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 1:21 PM

Make it an option on the zero figure. Where you adjust the clothes to get a better conversation especially on arms. This was discussed on your forum maybe 6 months ago. It was something that was originally not in WW, and something you put back in. If needed I can try to find the thread. The surface items, like buttons and bows that get distorted as mentioned above. I much prefer your soultion over others, but this distortion can be a convertion stopper.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 1:26 PM

Are you referring to where the original clothing needed to be scaled to get it to fit correctly prior to conversion. This scaling is then negated by the zero figure process during the conversion?

kamilche ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 2:15 PM

Regarding the straps and buckles - what would you suggest as a 'test clothing item' that we can play with, that exhibits most of the symptoms you mentioned? Something really common, preferably free.

gagnonrich ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 3:31 PM

Attached Link: Elven Strapped conversion images

Elven Strapped sounds like a good one to try (search in freebies for "strapped").  I haven't tried it myself, but the link shows a pretty bad result when converting the V4 item to Maddie. Converting to a smaller figure will show the worst results and this one does. 

With scaling, I was converting V3 clothing to a scaled/morphed V3. There are supposed to be ways to do it using the WW scaling utilities and separately scaling the clothing item after conversion, but automating the task will still simplify the conversion process. This is especially useful for commercial morphed figures that have modified scaling for various body parts as well as morphs.

Batch clothing conversions might be an interesting capability.

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 4:36 PM

Batch converting is a very interesting idea.

maraich ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 6:00 PM

I second Richard on a version that works outside of Poser.

kamilche ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 7:10 PM

file_389081.jpg

Well, some clothing items will always be problematical. Wardrobe Wizard could automate part of the pain away, but not all of it. I admit, it took me an hour or two of fiddling before I got these results... but isn't she adorable in that outfit? :biggrin:

gagnonrich ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 7:59 PM

Did you fix it wholly in WW? What tricks fixed it?

I don't know if over-the-shoulder straps would be harder or easier to fix.

I don't have much of an opinion of a version outside of Poser. It wouldn't tie up Poser if conversions were being done outside of the program. To the extent that Poser implementation of Python isn't ideal, a more stable external environment would be nice. I have seen posts by people that like the impromptu ability to be in Poser, open up WW there, and do a conversion.

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 8:35 PM

Quote - Are you referring to where the original clothing needed to be scaled to get it to fit correctly prior to conversion. This scaling is then negated by the zero figure process during the conversion?

Yes it is covered in this thread http://www.philc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1266

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 8:40 PM

Quote - Regarding the straps and buckles - what would you suggest as a 'test clothing item' that we can play with, that exhibits most of the symptoms you mentioned? Something really common, preferably free.

Well two items come to mind that have problems, granted not free. But the bows are a amjor issue and this dress has a ton of addon textures so you can see it is very popular.
same basic dress for A3
http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=2718
and for V4
http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=2778&

this one the buttons get all messed up
High Waist Line Skirt for A3
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=54727

Need a beta tester against these problem items, I am willing to help anyway I can.

Gary

nakamuram ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 9:17 PM

Adding full-body character morphs to converted clothing is a brilliant idea!!  Just let us make our little adjustments (inflate/deflate, smooth, etc.) before the morph is created in the clothing, then include our adjustments as part of the morph.

Improving WW to better preserve the shape of belts, buckles, and bows, is another needed fix.

Also, can you fix the bug where V4's internal magnets get clobbered when doing a "Convert To", please? 

kamilche ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 2:41 AM

We know that these extreme conversions are very difficult. This is why we are looking at ways to improve them. Two hours with Poser magnets is not the solution certainly, however we are pursuing some interesting possibilities and will keep you posted. We do appreciate all your feedback, thanks.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 8:37 PM

i agree - an easy way to bring custom moprhs from the original to the converted clothing.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Walt Sterdan ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 9:46 PM

What I'd like to see, either as part of or as an extension of WW, would be character texture remapping; I'd like to be able to use a V2 or M2 texture on Aiko or Hiro, for example. The only current option is from 3D Universe, whose product, unfortunately, doesn't support Macintosh.

Niles ( ) posted Thu, 27 September 2007 at 6:51 PM

How about convert as Pants ... not  the whole body.

kamilche ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2007 at 5:21 AM

file_389290.jpg

Well, convert as 'pants' does 'pants' or 'shirt' or 'shoes' or anything that's not one of the other options. Perhaps you can suggest a better name for it.

Things are coming along nicely. The attached screenshot was done without any smoothing or inflating or fiddling - that's raw output! 🤤

grichter ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2007 at 8:34 AM

Yeah!!!!! Thanks a ton for the up coming fixes

Gary

kamilche ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2007 at 10:06 AM

file_389304.jpg

You're welcome! By the way, they're 'enhancements', not 'fixes'. :rolleyes:

And for your viewing enjoyment, here's AerySoul's ElvenStrapped outfit converted to 3 characters, without touchups - no smoothing, magneting, inflating, or nuthin! And then I gotta leave it alone. I have to leave SOME surprises for Phil to introduce. :biggrin:

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2007 at 1:18 PM

I can think of a couple of things that might be helpful but I have no clue if they are doable.

I always have to load the PDF whenever I do it (since I don't run it very often) and it might be good to have some kind of steps someplace easily visible in poser. But that isn't one of my helpful things :)

I was thinking it might be cool if you could (no clue if it is possible) to just have a list of figures you are converting from instead of loading the clothes, then figure, then deleting the figure and then loading the new figure. You would then just load the clothes, say which figure the base is and then load the new one and run things. I guess that is for the fiddly placement issues when the clothes first come in though.

The second thing is I really wish it was a bit more versatile. It is good for working with one specific body type but not as much for a wide range. Say I want to fit a jacket for M3 on David, I morph David, load him in and then run the things. I have a jacket but it is only really good for my morphed David and not just David. Maybe I should just run it on a default and add it in via one of the magnet sets but there is that and if you want him with a different morph you have to do it all again and wait just as long.

Just my 2 cents

jefsview ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2007 at 1:43 PM

Wow, the enhancements are really nice. Much smoother now. I like :)

And: thanks for asking!

-- Jeff

semidieu ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 1:50 PM

Not sure if I missed it already or not...

But a way to "analyse" all clothes from a folder. Some outfit has more than 5-10 clothes. It would be nice to be able to give a folder and the WW automatically analyse each clothes found.

Personnaly, I'm putting all Victoria3 clothes in one folder (and subfolders). So it would be nice to tell WW to analyse all figures located in that folder (and subfolders).

This way, I could launch the "analyse" during the night, without being near my computer...

And I'm adding a voice to the "automate morphs" in the converted figure... Please...

nakamuram ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 8:33 PM

I second semidieu's "Batch Analyze" idea!! 

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 8:52 PM

That would be a great thing... batch analyze by folder.

nakamuram ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 9:05 PM

Not necessarily  "Batch Analyze" by folder -- just let us select several pieces of clothing to analyze.  They could all reside in the same folder or in different folders.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.