Wed, Oct 2, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Absolute File Paths...

Kaji ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 1:52 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 8:28 PM

Are driving me nuts. Is there any way to make Poser stop writing absolute file paths when you create files? I hate having to hand edit everything to put it back to relative pathing when I'm done.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 3:00 PM

a script in Poser 7/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/Scriptsmenu/GeomMods is called "CheckPaths.py". I haven't tried it, but it might be of use.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 3:04 PM

If you are using external Runtime libraries which contain the geometry and texture maps, there is no way around this.  Poser only uses relative paths for its internal Runtime references.

To avoid this, it is best to have all of the geometries and texture maps stored in the internal Runtime.  Of course, this isn't exactly possible for internal Runtimes referenced from other Poser versions (say Poser 5 Runtime being referenced in Poser 7).

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Kaji ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 3:06 PM

I only have Poser 7, but Daz studio is not very forgiving when it comes to a path that it can't find. :(

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 4:52 PM

But do you have referenced Runtimes other than the one that installed with Poser 7?  For instance, do you have a separate Runtime for V3 or V4?  Otherwise, Poser always uses relative paths for references from the internal Runtime (Poser 7:Runtime:).  Content loaded into the Downloads Runtime might be considered external - I don't know as I never use it.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Kaji ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 9:06 PM

Hmm... my BlackBerry ate my post?

I only have one external runtime because on Vista it was giving me problems in the Program Files (x86) directory. When I switched back to XP 64 I never changed it. Also, I had a problem with Poser SR2 where it corrupted some XML file and Poser wouldn't even start. I had to reinstall the program.  I left the default runtime alone after that incident.

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 9:30 PM

not sure if it's a help or not, but the few times I've loaded (but not used...mea culpa..;) Daz Studio, it asked where it should find content, including Poser directories. I presume that's no help, though, but it seems it should at least dope-slap D|S into looking...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Kaji ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 9:33 PM

Oh, Daz is a great tool for telling you which files are broken. It asks but it doesn't save the changes to the broken files when you find them for it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.