Sun, Oct 6, 1:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Broken mesh after Setup room rigging!

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 9:35 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 3:34 PM

file_389539.jpg

Hello all,

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask for help because of this problem but I couldn't find a
thread so if someone would point me into the right direction I would be very glad! :blushing:

Also....I'm making the first steps into "making clothes" and made a simple pants mesh for David in Hexagon 2...I grouped it, UVmapped it and imported it into Poser...so far so good, the mesh was okay.

Then up with it into the Setup room I used another David pant as model for the bones, back into the pose room and whooosh...broken mesh! Every time!!! :blink:

What do I wrong? :crying:

Thanks for reading.....

Attachment: Left - before Setup room
                       Right - after Setup room

BeyondVR ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 9:55 AM

I would try, before importing it into Poser, running it through UVMapper and welding the vertices.  Command is under Tools, or Edit--Tools in the classic version.  Poser claims to do this on importing, but does not in my experience.

John

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 10:18 AM · edited Mon, 01 October 2007 at 10:25 AM

file_389546.jpg

Thank you John for your answer but that doesn't seem to be the problem since UVmapper only says: "0 vertices removed" 😕

BeyondVR ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 11:39 AM

Shucks!  I don't use the setup room, so that's the best thing I could recommend.  Somebody will be along to help you, I'm sure.  Good luck!

John

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 11:41 AM

Yes....I hope so too...again thank you!

Paloth ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 12:03 PM

Do your part names exactly match the David part names? Check to make sure they do. If they don't they will come apart. Also, there will be a break if the hip part doesn't completely loop the perimeters of two buttocks parts.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 12:24 PM

Ummm....I just compared the groups of my pants with the pro pants using the grouping tool and my groups look nothing like they should be....the names are okay...but the groups look wrong (I used AutoGroupEditor)...I think that might be the error...I will do it again!

Paloth ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 12:38 PM

It might be best to create your parts manually in a modeler. No autogrouping required.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 12:43 PM

I used Hexagon...there you have to group the mesh to make it poseable!

(or did I understand you wrongly?)

Paloth ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 1:00 PM

I was thinking of the Setup Room's grouping tool. I don't know how Hexagon works, but any object can be made poseable within Poser as long as the part names match the bones and the falloff zones are set up properly.

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 1:25 PM

Yes....I will look it over again, thank you!

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 5:22 AM

Update and conclusion:

It was really the grouping!
After grouping it new and more closely to the figure (and taking care of the hip group)
everything conformed great and no breaks or holes whatsoever! :biggrin:

off to more learning

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.