Tue, Oct 22, 5:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Any News

arrow1 ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2007 at 9:21 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 2:46 AM

It is getting near the end of the Month.Is there any news on the SP1 for Carrara 6 Pro?
Cheers

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 12:48 AM

Doubt it. Can you say "Daz Soon"

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 5:07 AM

Mmm you cant find DAZ's site 😉
Just  check the thread about the service release ..and you know what we know..
And Beryld is right ...soon is the  word .... ......why does "soon is the word"  give's me the melody of " Grease is the word" :lol: 

C.

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

drcmaint ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 12:12 PM

Hi,

Found this at DAZ, eventhought its been some time,

Announcement: Carrara 6 Service Release to be available by the end of September.

We're going to be releasing a service release by the end of the month (SR1) and we're tackling all the worst bugs right now as part of it, especially poser content import! This is a priority for us and we appreciate anyone who's having issues to PLEASE submit a detailed bug report so we can fix it. Remember, if you have never submitted a bug report before, you have to sign up for a new account. Also, the more info and sample files, etc, that you can provide, the better.

Thanks all for your understanding and support it making Carrara 6 the best release ever!

Also, a "new" manual is being printed and expected to done this week,

We are wrapping this up now (the release is in testing), and we are shooting to have it out to the public next week.

Hope this helps.

JRT

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 2:47 PM

I think the question was asking if that deadline was going to be meet. Which it was not, just as we had said, this being October.

stardust ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 10:42 PM

They are now saying sometime next week - I'll believe it when I see it :)

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 1:11 PM · edited Wed, 03 October 2007 at 1:13 PM

I can assure you, it's close. ;-) Some issues take just a little longer than others to smooth out. But smooth is worth the wait.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 4:38 PM

At least you didn't say SOON.

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 4:55 PM

Shoot. Poser content fixes, eh? I guess I'll have to wait for SP2 before any of the modeling bugs are addressed. Well, I've been waiting for over two years on some of those bugs. I can wait another six months. Doesn't give any strong urge to buy version 6 right now, tho.

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 7:23 PM

Crap!! I'm with you nomuse! The vertex modeller had such fantastic potential with the new tools, it's a shame they broke half the old tools to impliment them! Symetry is cool but I want my Loop function back and for Ghawd's sake fix the Camer manipulator so it stays aligned with the screen! Not to mention the problem with Duplicate wtih Symetry that's been there since Carrara 5 came out (and reported to Eovia 3 times and Daz twice.)

Poser content I can deal with in Poser, fix Carrara!

Well, I'm glad Silo 2 is finally out. Just have to finisha couple of projects in Carrara 5 then I can concentrate on really learning it.

mike (Who had really high hopes for Carrara 6, but is still using Carrara 5 to get work done)

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 8:34 PM

Ouch. Just checked the bug tracker. I've got an issue marked "feedback please" when I attached a comprehensive file EIGHT MONTHS ago. The vertex group names issue has been deleted from the bug tracker -- no-one will even admit it exists any longer (to the detriment of all the users who run into it and mistakenly think they are doing something wrong). I do have a couple of bugs that have been promoted to "assigned," however. Which they've been for over four months, so I don't think they have anywhere near the priority as making sure that Victoria 4 can be used in Carrara without the user having to go to DAZ's competitor (aka Poser.) Pity. It was a nice program for making models once. Streamlined, comfortable to work in, all the basic tools and not too much clutter. No real bubbles important and exporting to Poser or other software (unlike, say, some software, with their strange scale issues, unexpected triangulation, re-ordered vertices and the lot). Still worth it as a render engine though.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 10:16 PM · edited Wed, 03 October 2007 at 10:18 PM

I know the black screen problem won't be fixed. Anytime you change rooms or load something, you get the black screen until you jiggle the camera. Nothing updates until you jiggle the camera. When I sent the bug they asked if turning openGL off on C6 fixed it. when I said it did, the think the problem is solved. Others found out that if you turn off AA on your graphic card it will fix the problem. So, Carrara is the only app I have that I need to dick around with my graphic card or Open GL to get to work right. I know it's minor to most of you but it is how they delt with the bug that, bugs me. I have a good card and so do the others that have the same problem.

With what I have seen in C6 so far and Hex 2.2 and add the responce of tec, I have realized that Daz products are the software of work arounds. What I find funny, are all the Dazites that defend that.

We shall see what the SR really does and hope for a SR2 SOON. If it sound like I'm bitter towards Daz or Carrara, I'm not. Just pointing out some things that I see. I do hope that C6 gets fixed. It's a good tool to have.

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 10:32 PM

Don;t get me wrong, I'm not anti-DAZ, after all Eovia knew about some of these problems too and didn;t fix them. 

I'm against the trend in software that says"just add new 'bells and whistles' working or not, breaking existing functions or not, and don;t worry about fixing problems just as long as you add something new or something fancy!". 

This seems to be the way software is going these days, It's not a matter of getting out the best working software, but of getting out software that has lots and lots of partially working functions and fancies! It's better to have 20 partially working functions AND a fancy looking splash screen, than it is to have 10 GOOD working functions and a plain text introduction. It's sad really.

mike

Boreth ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 12:09 AM

Hmmm I remember the "jiggle the cam" problem from C5(Pro) under Win XP64, a new graphics board fixed that. Never had it under 32bit XP.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 3:02 AM

There are quite a few at Daz that have the black screen problem. Graphic board ain't the problem, specially with new up to date PC using XPpro. It's a Carrara thing.

I'm glad I have Vue6.5I and Modo 301, they work just fine on this new CP. I am amazed at how well modo came out of the box, I still have not hit a bug and the service and tec blows Daz and pretty much everyone else out of the water. That's saying something because I still think Daz has one of the best customer service, just the tec blows the big one. 

But we all know that programers always think thier way is what the user wants and is deaf to what the user really needs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.