Sun, Sep 22, 3:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Clearance question - how long?

jakiblue ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 12:53 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:45 AM

How long do products stay in the clearance section for? If I were to buy something from there, does it still stay in clearance despite a sale? I guess I'm more wondering HOW things get to the clearance - is it a case of no sales in a certain time period and then it moves to there?

GinaH ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 9:27 AM

Hello,

I've provided a link to the FAQ that answers this question, but let me know if you have any further question

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/service/index.php?questionid=301

Thanks

Gina Harris
MarketPlace Admin

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 10:11 AM

Quote - Hello,

I've provided a link to the FAQ that answers this question, but let me know if you have any further question

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/service/index.php?questionid=301

Thanks

I get that when I go to look at that link:

To access this area of the site, you must have Admin privileges within Bondware. Contact the administrator for this site if you need assistance.

Please return to the main site.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 11:29 AM

Looks like the "questionid" number might be wrong.

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

GinaH ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 11:47 AM

Hmm... that's weird, well once an item goes into clearance, it isn't removed permanently from the Marketplave unless the vendor request it's removal, or the item has no sales in 60 days. There isn't a system way to tell how long a product will be available unless you're the vendor and check the sales on that item.

Gina Harris
MarketPlace Admin

GinaH ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 11:49 AM

And I think that a product is moved into clearance if it doesn't sale after so many days, but I'm not 100% sure that's why/how, I would have to ask Debbie or Clint. 

Hope this answers your questions.  : )

Gina Harris
MarketPlace Admin

kayjay97 ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 1:16 PM

I was told from some merchants that an item stays in clearance for a certain amount of days (can't remember if it's 60 or 90 days). If  it makes a sale while in clearance it stays in clearance and the probation of it starts over. If it has no sales in said amount of time it is removed totally from the store. Or the merchant can request it's removal

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 9:03 PM

Okay the FAQ link above was a privately responded to Q&A so I've now made it public so you it can be accessed.

Sorry for the confusion

jakiblue ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 9:27 PM

thank you!

alu000 ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 4:50 PM · edited Wed, 14 November 2007 at 4:55 PM

A question: I buy today an item; it goes to clearance, and finally is removed. If I lose my item (a virus, a storm that damages my HD, etc)... how could I download it again?. Yes, I'd have to copy the item on a secure disk (CD, for example), what about if I haven't backed-up the item?

Edit: Of course I'm not speaking (only) about a download reset; if item is available, no problem; but if it's no longer available?

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 6:39 PM

Even if an item leaves the store, Rosity still has an active link for those that have purchased it.

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.