Mon, Sep 23, 1:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 12:42 pm)

Subject: Poser 6 Mirror texture

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 11:02 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 7:30 AM

Hello,
I am trying to make a mirror texture and not really haveing much luck.
I would appreaciate any help on this,
Thanks

Pete

jonthecelt ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 11:14 AM

It's fairly simple, really. In the materials room, select the material zone for the mirror. Then, turn off the 'reflection_kd_mult' and 'reflection_lite_mult' options at the bottom of the root node (the checkboxes). Set diffuse colour to black, and disconnect any nodes that are coming out of it. Add a reflection node to the 'reflection colour' input, and make sure your reflection value is set to 1. Make sure you either have a complete scene to be reflected or, if you have gaps behind the camera, then plug in an image map to the background input of the reflect node to cover those gaps where there's nothing to reflect. Then, go to render settings, and make sure that raytracing is checked. render, and that should give you a pretty good start.

If you want specular highlights in the mirror as wel (for example, if a light is meant to shine on the mirror and reflect into the camera), then make sure you have the specular value turned to something suitable. Otherwise, you can leave this black as well.

JonTheCelt

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 11:14 AM

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

jonthecelt ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 12:42 PM

Thanks, BB... didn't have time to fire up Poser and whip up a screenshot, so I had to do it in words. Santolina, follow BB's screenshot as a blueprint, and if ther's anything you're not quite happy with in the results, then let us know and I'm sure he or I (probably him, since he knows FAR more than I do) can help you tweak it to your satisfaction.

JonTheCelt

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 1:08 PM

Poser 6 Mirror texture.

Thanks for such a rapid reply,Ill give it a try out tonight and come back,Thanks,

pete

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 3:11 PM

Poser 6 Mirror texture

Hi,
Works fine,thanks for taking the time to help.
Have a good one.

Pete.

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 3:11 PM

Poser 6 Mirror texture

Hi,
Works fine,thanks for taking the time to help.
Have a good one.

Pete.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.