Mon, Sep 9, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: New "furry" character, and tail positioning.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 2:38 PM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 4:02 PM

I've been looking at pictures of the new "Melody" figure at RDNA, and I'm not convinced the tail is right. It seems to make a sudden sharp angle to the spine. It's a convention of the anthropomorphic genre, but it's anatomically implausible. Does anyone know how the figure looks with the tail in a more natural position?

freyfaxi ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 4:14 PM · edited Thu, 11 October 2007 at 4:15 PM

Yeah - I was just looking at some of the promotional material for Melody..the tail does look a lil too high set. I don't know if it could be set a bit lower down the cleft of the buttocks. As you said..the tails on 'Furries' are generally anatomically a bit implausible..To be more realistic, they should drop down vertically when char is up-right, only when well clear of rump should they curl 'up' or 'out'..

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 5:34 PM

Well, I've just been stroking my pussy, and her tail will take on a quite radical bend at the base, but, as you say, on Melody the tail position looks a little high as well. Traveller Vargr page Here's one example of how GDW figured a modified dog might look. Not at all the same as a human with a different head and add-on tail. It feels wrong as a working biped, but at least the tail looks plausibly like the extension of the spine that it is.

littlefox ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 6:58 PM

Peeks in.. Actually you're right, it is a little too high ;)  I think so too and I made her ;P

Unfortunately here's the problem.... A3's hip grouping is practically a g-string... Her buttocks are cut so high into the hip grouping that there unfortunately wasn't any room to put the tail and still keep her buttocks grouping and joints identical so she could wear A3's clothing....  In the end, it was weighing out which one was more important.... anatomically correct vs clothing fit..... since she's made from A3 to get instant clothing support,  fraid the clothing fit won so I had to put the tail joint where I could, not where I wanted to.  

Hope that makes sense ;)

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2007 at 1:27 AM

Oh, it makes sense (and explains all those G-strings for unimesh figures). And the head is so nice. I can see myself working out a Manx Melody and using LittleDragon's Bushy Tail figure instead.

littlefox ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2007 at 9:38 AM

Sounds like a plan to me, LittleDragon's Bushy Tail ROCKS!  ;)   and yeah (laughs) definitely explains those G-strings ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.