Tue, Sep 24, 2:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: What hair would you like to see new textures for

chrislenn ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 8:31 AM

and glasswren would you believe i bought the wrong hair rofl am getting that one now just for you ;o)

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Pee on it and walk away

Glasswren ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 3:40 PM

Wow! Although I'd be really surprised if it was just for me. I am sure there are lots of people who would like variety to it. Thank you, great news. :)

The next payday after it appears, I will get it.

Lyne ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 8:24 PM

can't stop and read all the posts, so not sure if this has been added... but the FREEBIE V4 ballarina bun hair given away at DAZ recently when they put out the V4 degas ballarina... kind of needs a texture TRANS map and I would pay $ for your quality hair and trans maps for it! :)

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

chrislenn ( ) posted Mon, 13 August 2007 at 1:46 AM

file_385259.jpg

I missed that hair sorry Lyne - kicks self for missing free hair :o( madelia is done

Pee on it and walk away

chrislenn ( ) posted Mon, 13 August 2007 at 1:48 AM

file_385260.jpg

this is where I am upto on L'amour not happy with the roots yet but if i make them too dark they stand out too much in other places - have a couple of ideas left to try before playing with trans

Pee on it and walk away

kalon ( ) posted Mon, 13 August 2007 at 5:02 AM

Looking good.

Personally, the hair and roots matching, I'm fine with. It was the roots being lighter than the hair that I found problematic.

kalonart.com

Glasswren ( ) posted Mon, 13 August 2007 at 2:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3029241

Chris,

Madelia looks great. :)

The free bun hair for V4 is not gone, no need to kick yourself.. At least for me the link in Will's post  linked above worked right now.

chrislenn ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2007 at 4:26 AM · edited Tue, 14 August 2007 at 4:27 AM

Attached Link: colours

file_385340.jpg

Thanks Glasswren :o)  had a quick play with the bun hair here are the results - this will be a freebie just got to package

Chris

Pee on it and walk away

chrislenn ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2007 at 5:18 AM

Attached Link: hair zip

no new trans maps with this one  I have the flu so back to bed for me

enjoy

Pee on it and walk away

Glasswren ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2007 at 6:00 AM

Thank you! That was a lovely surprise. :)

I hope you get well soon!

Joe-B-Wan ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2007 at 3:00 PM

Thanks for all your work here Chris! Your texture sets look fantastic!

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2007 at 5:17 PM

ah... bad flue! GET WELL SOON!! 

Thanks for the pretty bun colors....and AFTER you get well, might you consider a trans map?...hmmm I might be able to fix the exisiting one I guess for my own use... try and make it 'finer'... anyway, just a thought... take care of yourself!! Lots of fluids, extra Vit. C!  ;)

Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Glasswren ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2007 at 11:55 AM

I'd like to submit to consideration this lovely free hair by Lisbeth: lisbethsposerworld.net/ParisHair.html
It is really nice, but only comes in four colors.

P.S. Please, let me know if the WedgeCut2 texturing is moving along too. :)

jwiest ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2007 at 12:49 PM

Oooh...WedgeCut would be wonderful.  I'm not super thrilled with the default blond color it's got.

John

chrislenn ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2007 at 11:56 PM

file_386765.jpg

test render ;o)

Pee on it and walk away

chrislenn ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2007 at 12:10 AM

i have played with paris before but wasn't happy with them will have another go :o)

Pee on it and walk away

jwiest ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2007 at 12:19 AM

Oooh...I like that one way better.  tries to picture it on my Janus character

John

Glasswren ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2007 at 12:46 AM · edited Sat, 01 September 2007 at 12:47 AM

file_386767.jpg

Pretty lady. :)

Looks a great deal better than the defaults. It'll do wonders to a timeless hairstyle.

I spent a whole night until 3 a.m. or so trying to find a hair for the lady in the picture above. I tried everything that I had that was even close to possible and then went to look for freebies. I found Paris and it fit. I'd have liked a bit more 'mousy blond' color, as the girl is described as 'plain'.

chrislenn ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2007 at 6:44 AM

file_386782.jpg

paris :o) not sure it is mousey but is better than my last attempt lol

Pee on it and walk away

jwiest ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2007 at 10:26 AM

That looks fantastic as well Chris!

John

Glasswren ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2007 at 11:52 AM

It is pretty, Chris. :) Amazing how much hair does change a person, just looking at your two blondes above.

What I meant with 'mousy' is called 'dirt road coloured' here. Something akin to these of yours:   Twins Fair
or
Madelia
or
Kiri Te

The same kind that half the Finns have and most want to dye. ;)
Actually, seriously, I love seeing the ordinary haircolors as it lets me show there is beauty in them too. But, I am a sucker for red hair and I admit that I dye my own reddish as well.

chrislenn ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2007 at 8:18 PM

file_386831.jpg

like murky water lol  more like this?

Pee on it and walk away

chrislenn ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2007 at 8:22 PM

the bangs are still annoying me going to play with them some more

Pee on it and walk away

Glasswren ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2007 at 2:39 AM

Yes. That's about what I had in mind for Deniz (the character's name). Though your lady is naturally  far prettier, she looks good even in that color.

I am trying to see what is wrong with the bangs and failing miserably. :)

chrislenn ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2007 at 6:43 AM

file_386840.jpg

above is the final tex bangs fixed

Pee on it and walk away

Glasswren ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2007 at 7:51 AM

file_386842.png

Thank you. Now this man finally had a 'dyed red' hair. I also love that there is gray hair there, the older folks will be happy.

Only problem is that I was going to buy them...  I would much like to repay your kindness somehow. I realize it'd be silly to get you anything here.  Is there, perhaps, something somewhere else you'd like have? (It must be a shop that takes PayPal and has either gift certificates or direct gift buying opportunity.)

chrislenn ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2007 at 7:58 AM · edited Sun, 02 September 2007 at 8:00 AM

that is sweet of you but you have already given me something - a challenge and with every hair I do I learn  more so each hair i do is the best I can do :o)

I also don't like to charge for textures when the hair is free  and as I said i wasn't happy with the last lot of textures i did ;o)

Pee on it and walk away

jwiest ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2007 at 9:56 AM

Oh wow...score!  Thanks bunches Chris.  And whether you want something back or not, I'll get you something sooner or later. :)  Just gotta finish it off here...wonders where all the time goes LOL

John

Glasswren ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2007 at 7:28 AM

I just saw you have textures for one of the Hr-21 versions.  It looks really nice and if I didn't already have plenty of textures for that hair-do, I'd be putting that in my basket on Monday. But it lead me to hoping that maybe there will be something for these two too:
Hr-28-R2 and Hr-030.

If you'd like a challenge though, maybe RastaKarma would be one? I happened to see someone rating it making a wish for real hair. I concur. It is nice as it is, but it could be even more. :)

Now that DAZ has Mitsu hair for free, there will be quite a few people looking to augment it. And Wildcat Hair could use something extra as well.

kalon ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2007 at 1:49 PM

Chris!

I went to the marketplace, both here and elsewhere... And what to my horror did I not find?

Good textures for Sherri Hair. Oh, the hairmanity!!! I can't believe it, it's one of my favorite hairs, but it could really, really, truly use a little of your magic. Particularly with the transparency map.

Okay, okay... I saw a few texture packages, but nothing that even remotely tempted me to whip out that melted and scorched piece of plastic once called a credit card...

Oh, and thank you for the goodies above, very much appreciated!!!

kalonart.com

Glasswren ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2007 at 3:42 PM

Heh. I see the Wildcat wish has already come true. :)

I will be buying it in about 26 hours (unless I fall asleep). Thanks!

jwiest ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2007 at 4:04 PM

Talk about good timing on your request. LOL

John

chrislenn ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2007 at 6:51 PM

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=50465 mitsu :o) 

Hr-28-R2 and Hr-030. downloading now 

Rastakarma looks a bit scary for me right now will re look when I beat L'Amore into submission

and Sherri is on my shopping list too :o)

Chris

Pee on it and walk away

chrislenn ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2007 at 5:27 AM

file_387396.jpg

hr 30

Pee on it and walk away

Glasswren ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2007 at 6:00 AM

Very nice! That's how the lighter and darker strands look in reality. :)

I have no clue how I missed your Mitsu when I was buying for it. Perhaps it wasn't there yet at the time, because otherwise I'd have to remember seeing it. Ah well, those who just got the hair will have a treat.

I keep checking for Wild Hair to appear at Content Paradise. I have 12 hours to payday...

Glasswren ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2007 at 10:38 AM

I did get the Wild Hair textures immediately, but only now I have finished the scene. It is in my gallery here and in addition to the above mentioned I also used the freebie for the ballet hair and 'Twins Fair' on it. 

Thank you, Chris!  The right hair makes all the difference to the character. :)

Glasswren ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2007 at 10:56 AM · edited Fri, 12 October 2007 at 10:57 AM

Hi, it is me again! :)

This is one other hair that could do with updated textures. It is very pretty, but it could be more.

Loose Comb Hair by AprilYsh

Now, I don't know how hard it is to do, it may be a challenge since it seems no-one outside DAZ has released anything for it. It can be fitted easily for other characters which makes it one of my favorites. Definately one I would buy additional textures.

kalon ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2007 at 3:13 PM

Thanks for the Sherri Hair Textures!!!!

I came, I saw, I spent LOL

kalonart.com

chrislenn ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2007 at 7:47 PM

I came, I saw, I smiled :o)
I haven't forgotten the other hair and work on them in my spare time. The foster kids are in the process of returning home so I am hoping that will mean more spare time 

Chris :o)

ps loose comb hair is included in that ;o)

Pee on it and walk away

chrislenn ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 8:34 PM · edited Fri, 07 December 2007 at 8:35 PM

file_395066.jpg

I have just finished rdna's gwenith hair and found amanda hair hiding in my runtime lol as their set up for texture is similar it was easy to create new textures for amanda hair

Pee on it and walk away

Glasswren ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 9:16 PM

That's really pretty. If I could, I'd go buy the hair, but there is always next year. :)

In the meanwhile, I keep watch for enhancements for my existing wigs. Or those that cost no more than 3 l of milk. ;)

chrislenn ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 9:47 PM

it is part of their big 50% off sale ;o)

Pee on it and walk away

Glasswren ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 10:00 PM

Yeah. I know. But I already gave them 50% of my money. ;)

Seriously, I had some things I really needed to buy at the sale and my daughter needs new shoes  and Christmas presents. So I preserve things like this on my wishlist for next November.

If I had had any more to spend, however, I would have gotten 'Sherri' solely beause of the textures you made. You showed it is not just for toony people.

chrislenn ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2007 at 9:37 PM

file_396583.jpg

it is a new year here and time to finish up some projects

for Pizazz
ps this is test pic one am still fine tuning

Pee on it and walk away

chrislenn ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2007 at 10:58 PM · edited Mon, 31 December 2007 at 11:01 PM

that is the ultimate changing ponytail and takes 4 textures* *I am going to test them on the changing ponytail otherwise i have spent the day working on the wrong hair lol great way to start the new year ;o|

Pee on it and walk away

chrislenn ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2007 at 11:09 PM

yep wrong hair but i will finish this one for freebies too

Pee on it and walk away

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.