Sun, Sep 22, 11:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 10:18 pm)

Subject: help!!!

julesart ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 8:26 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 11:24 PM

Please help me! I need to find drumsticks for use in poser. I bought the drum set but it did not come with the sticks. Talk about major dissapointment! My entire project is in jeopardy if I don't find these. If anyone has any idea please help. I found a really nice concert drum and it came with the sticks on sharecq, at least I think that was what it was called, but it was a 3d model for use in 3d studio. I can't open it because I do not have a program that can use it. You have been helpful to me in the past so I thought I'd give this a shot. Thanks, you guys are the best!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 8:58 PM

You can import 3ds files into Poser by using the File... Import option.

If that doesn't work (for example, you can't import 3dsMax files) you can easily make some drumsticks.  Use a cylinder for the main stick part, a ball for the end of the "handle", then a cone for the tapered bit and finally another ball squashed slightly for the tip.  Should take you all of 5 minutes to do that.

When it's all put together, export the whole lot as a Wavefront OBJ, then reimport it and scale as desired.

PS.  You'll get better responses to your questions if you give 'em a meaningful title.  "Help" don't really say much.  But, me being the nice guy that I am, decided to reply anyhow. :biggrin:

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 9:09 PM

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 9:11 PM

Quote - Will pool cues work if you reduce the size?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2702095

I've worked with drummers who played like they were using pool cues. BTW, how do you get two drummers to play in time together?

Shoot one.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 9:12 PM · edited Sat, 13 October 2007 at 9:17 PM

Here are some actual drumsticks. They are .3ds format so just import them into Poser. You can save them as a prop if you want by going to Props library and resaving them there.

http://62.146.76.150/us/downloads.php

Daz also has a marching drum with drum sticks. Not sure if the drumsticks are separate, but I would think they would be.

http://free.daz3d.com/free_weekly/detail.php?free_id=232

If that link doesn't work, go to this one  http://free.daz3d.com/  and then "model archive" and look for "marching drum"

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 10:50 PM

julesart, you can use the set you found on ShareCG. Poser does accept 3DS model. 
Just import them as follows;
Click on FILE got to IMPORT and then select 3D STUDIO.
A box comes up with import options. (I like to check place on floor, but don't worry about the options until you are familiar with your itemd and know how you want to manipulate it)
A window opens and you browse to where you have stashed your 3DS item. Select it and click OK. And that's it. Your item will load into Poser.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2007 at 1:05 PM

gad..I made some back about 5 years ago, but go with Acadia...knows all, tells all...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

julesart ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2007 at 1:10 PM

Thank you everyone for your help! I will go ahead now and try to import those files I found into poser. SamTherapy, I will keep your advice in mind the next time I post here. I am fairly new to the 3-d world and am in the learning process for Poser. Thank you for the links! You have been very helpful. I am sooo glad I came here for help. Funny joke SamTherapy!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.