Tue, Oct 22, 3:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Ligting matters :) And a ? on "speckles"

soulhuntre ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 3:49 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:43 AM

file_175955.jpg

Well, this is getting better :) Thanks so much to "Bobbi Sue" for all the help :) The better I get with Poser - the prettier she is! Anyway - I am having some trouble with "speckles" on her body - the texture seams to render "smeared" and I am not sure why. Any ideas? The one on the left shows it more... but it's ont he right too.

soulhuntre ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 3:50 PM

file_175957.jpg

A closeup of the speckles ... look on the shoulders.

Foxhollow ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 4:57 PM

they appear to be just spots in the texture...stretched over her body.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 5:28 PM

Would a slight bump map help? It might diffuse the light as it hits the skin. Carolly

fiontar ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 5:44 PM

Beautiful character! She has a lot of personality as well. :-) Remember that the body texture is more compressed sizewise than the head texture, i.e. if both texture maps were the same size, head and body, freckles on the body map would have to be smaller to look the same size as those on the head. Also, if you look at a texture template for the body, or even most meshes in general, there are some areas where the polygons are much more compressed than in other areas, same problem on a different scale. You made need to experiment with smaller speckles on the body. If the texture map isn't big enough in pixel size to allow you to get smaller with any detail, you may need to make the texture itself bigger. As long as it has the same aspect ratio, it will map correctly, even if the texture map is twice as high and wide. If you still have problems with "stretching" of details on some areas of the body, you may need to minimize the detail in those areas. I'm definitely not a texture map expert, but I've noticed the same problems on some texture mods I've done in the past, as well as looking at some high res textures that are available from others. I recently bought the Noa hi-res Victoria texture here on Renderosity and I love it and the level of detail. Having that texture, or another one of similar detail, to look at may give you an idea how others have overcome the same problems to introduce fine detail to the texture map. The face you have here is already excellent, you are definitel;y on the right track, keep it up! :-) Fiontar

Larry F ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 10:59 PM

I think this looks very much like a real person. Thank you for sharing. Larry F

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 9:41 AM

I think the problem you are encountering is caused by the body part of the texture being of a much lower resolution that the head. The bigger the texture maps, the better the rendering quality.

soulhuntre ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 9:54 AM

I think you're right Colm. I love everything about the texture (a modified "Bobbi Sue") but I fear that the specles are a real problem for the close ups I need. I have the DAZ hi-res maps and they are amazingly detailed - but they don't have the flair that Bobbi Sue does :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.