Sun, Sep 22, 10:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 10:18 pm)

Subject: Poser Pro 7..ETA?

alphauser51 ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2007 at 2:30 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

Anyone have any idea when the new Poser Pro 7 is going to be released?
The website says the fall, was wondering if anyone had any more information??

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2007 at 3:53 PM

I believe that the people who are "in the know" are all sworn to silence.  I'm looking forward to the release of this new software.  As far as the  "when?" question is concerned, I tend to look at things this way: it says me a lot of personal frustration to simply take the attitude that it'll get here when it gets here.

Perhaps e-frontier will favor us with an official announcement.  Soon, of course.  😉

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2007 at 5:02 PM

Post-edit: "it saves me a lot of........"

It's sometimes difficult to type and chew gum at the same time.  Except that I wasn't chewing gum------------->>>>>

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 2:46 AM

Buggy software is released now.

Good software is released when it's done.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 6:25 AM

Quote - Buggy software is released now.

Good software is released when it's done.

Except when it's Poser shaped ;)

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 8:52 AM

Please be patient, the dollar to rupee conversion rate isn't so hot right now.

My Freebies

JHoagland ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 11:22 AM

Let's accept the answer of "It'll be released when it's done". ;)
I probably don't have to remind everyone of the Poser 5 mess where the Poser world screamed so loudly for Poser 5 that Curious Labs was practically forced to release a version that seemed to be just out of the beta stage.
(Everyone complained that they wanted the software now, even though it was buggy, then everyone complained about the bugs, then everyone complained about how they though CL was using them as public beta testers.)

Let's give e-frontier the time to finish and polish Poser Pro. :)

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 11:47 AM

I have a sneaky suspicion the release is targeted for the time people are in a major shopping mood - closer to Christmas Holidays.
At least that's what I would do if I had the decision making powers about when to release it. .
I think it would max out the initial release profits.
(Before anyone starts thinking I may have inside info, I don't, this is purely my own opinion)

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

metabog ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 1:29 PM

Yep it'll be just exactly like last year when P7 and Vicky 4 came out. Only this year it will be Poser Pro and Daz's release will be Mike 4. It'll be so late in the year you will have forgotten that they were actually forthcoming. Daz seems to be pretty much losing what was their forte of interesting new figure meshes. Now they can manage only one each year. Poser just needs to dump the legacy code and step up with world-class rendering and lighting. Oh I know ...bitch bitch bitch!

lkendall ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 1:32 PM

10/19/07

E-Frontier does not release software early even if there is a big user riot. They also do not release more than meager information about product features until the product itself is released. They have a timetable for rolling out this product, and they will stick to it. Hinting, whining, complaining, begging, crying, cursing, whatever will not move them. They can handle it all (they told me so).

E-F has not even released the price for this application yet. There is not even a hint if there will be an upgrade discount. I cannot reason out why, unless it is stunningly expensive. If they wait until too close to Christmas (as some speculate), I for one will have already spent my money, and will not be able to buy it until the middle of next year. 

My guess about their marketing strategy is that they wanted to distract from recent releases of Carrara, Bryce, and several other graphics programs, hoping that consumers would hold off and save their money for Poser Pro.

Make sure that you have registered fof E-Frontier's newsletter, and you will hear about the release, price, etc. about as soon as anyone else.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 1:36 PM

Curious Labs had major money problems at the time as well, they went t*ts up shortly after the release of Poser5 didn't they? I wonder how the guys who left are getting on?

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 2:57 PM

the OS X version of poser was released 1.5 years late, but it was still a bug-infested nightmare. cargo-cult coding is not the way to produce good results, no matter how long the wait. check out the delays in vista and leopard for other examples.

Elfwine ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 1:50 AM

It doesn't make sense to me to release close to Christmas as most folks will (should) be spending money on gifts for their loved ones, and have litte left over to spend on themselves. But what do I know? shrug

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!  ; )

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.