Sat, Sep 21, 2:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Att: Picnic & CyberDog

coldrake ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 1999 at 3:39 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 3:05 AM

file_116784.jpg

I started out with the cool "Goop" material by DD, available on the Bryce Fun Stuff (I realized later I could have done it with the "blue spots" in Bryce, but oh well). Create a 2D verticle face in Bryce and apply the goop material, then go to the materials lab. Click on the Texture Source Editor (1). Click on the white dot above the first window to clear the image to white (2). Click delete (3). Click the checkmark to go back to the Materials Lab. Set bump to about 16. Go back to the main Bryce interface and slightly stretch the 2D face vertically. This leaves the basic settings for the drops. For the rain running down the window, go back to the materials lab, and on the right side of the screen, change the texture mapping mode from World Space to Random (you can do some really cool stuff to materials with the random setting). Go back to the Main Bryce interface and again, stretch the 2D face vertically to get the effect you want. This is just a start, the main thing is to play around with different settings to try and get something that you like. Picnic, try the different texture mapping modes and stretching your object with the material you already have. I've found the best way to learn about materials is to play with ALL the settings, even the dreaded "Oh noooo....not the...Yes Mr. Bill, even the DEEP TEXTURE EDITOR!!!" <8 0 Coldrake, aka, the Very Reverend Raymond Spray.... ; )

CyberDog ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 1999 at 5:24 PM

Thanks for he help.Im going to give it a try. CD

picnic ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 1999 at 6:24 PM

Whoa--the Deep Texure Editor-yikes (yes I've been in there LOL). I actually have tried about every mapping mode possible-I guess I'm doomed to do it via the Poser templates in this particular instance (actually I have no attachment whatsoever to this texture, just seemed a likely one to figure out--just reread this and realized I have my threads screwed up-oh, well). Thanks for the info about this particular type texture. Yes, I agree, random is cool sometimes-I've used it to create 'burl' wood and some other things. I actually love playing with the textures-maybe my favorite things, but using scanned stuff bumfuzzles me still. I tried to put a small woven fabric on a sofa-that was sort of a bust, so I ended up creating a 'leather' for it in the marterials lab-which actually turned out quite well. Thanks for all the help. Did you happen to notice my thread on scanning below? That's giving me a bit of a fit. Oh, and I've used rayspray 'religiously' since you pointed it out to me-I LOVE THAT THING !!!! LOL Diane

CyberDog ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 1999 at 9:52 AM

Is rayspray one of the new things in Bryce 4?I am using 3 right now and I dont see it.It sounds like something cool to use.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.