Thu, Sep 19, 6:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: upgrading from C4

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2007 at 6:26 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:50 PM

Hi all,
on the DAZ site i haven't seen options for upgrading from C4pro to C6pro... Someone know something more?

Thanks

-TOXE

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2007 at 6:35 AM

Hi Toxe, Nice to have you drop by! No, I'm not aware of C4 to C6 pricing. :-P The least expensive route at this point might be Platinum Club=>Carrara Xpress=>Upgrade to C6

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2007 at 7:17 AM

Hi Mark!

i'll ask DAZ directly, i'm really interested in new features! Thanks for your advice:-)

-TOXE

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2007 at 12:27 PM

they told me that the upgrade price from c4 was slightly higher than the deal they were offering a month or two ago. I dunno if it's still in effect, but basically it was the price discount with the platinum club and the discount coupon that they give to new members. I don't recall the exact figures.

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2007 at 12:50 PM

If i remember well, Eovia at it's time have the same prices from different versions (eg. from C2 to C4 was the same from C3 to C4), but i'm not sure... I havent still received an answer from DAZ and there is no demo version:-(
Platinum Club is too expensive for me because i'm interested only in carrara...

-TOXE

mykyl ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2007 at 4:25 PM

I for one hope you do get it. Your images are for me some of the very best that were done in Carrara. Looking at your images helped get me out of down period a while back. Brought a rare smile to my face. :)

Cheers

Mike R

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2007 at 4:58 PM

file_391444.jpg

Thanks Mike,

it's also rare to receive such kind of compliments...  I'm honored!
So, it's a gift for you, the latest image i'm working on (WIP)... Modeling in LW an Carrara, render in Carrara... Still some trouble with normals and details...

Again, thanks

-TOXE

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2007 at 5:32 PM

that's an excellent scene IMVHO. hopefully dan will kick somebody in the butt and they'll clarify the upgrade situation for ya.

TOXE ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2007 at 2:30 AM

Thanks Miss Nancy:-)

i'm sure that Carrara 6 worth the money, but for professional reasons the last year i've bought:
-Lightwave
-LW Cad
-Zbrush
-Maxwell Render

So, unfortunately the money are not endless:-(

-TOXE

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2007 at 2:51 PM

I found maxwell render to be the slowest renderer ever. they were always very grainy, too. it said it had caustics and other real optical properties, but it usually crashed when I enabled 'em.

TOXE ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2007 at 4:56 PM

file_391527.jpg

Yes, it's the slowest but it's actually the best on the market for photorealistic images. I use it only when i really need. No crash here, it's really stable... This is an image made for a client, as you can see is enough good. The original is 2000x2000 pixel.

For upgrading... I've received an email from DAZ. No possibility from C4 pro. I've bought every version of Carrara since metacreations days and now i'm out because i havent bought C5...

-TOXE

mykyl ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 6:16 AM

I dont know where you live but Carrara 5 standard was given away free on Computer Shopper magazine this month in the UK. I wonder if that can be used to upgrade from.

Cheers

Mike R

TOXE ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 7:18 AM

Urgh! Free?I live in Italy. Maybe i can found the magazine on the net... Thanks Mike.

-TOXE

bcoleman ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 9:06 PM

There is no upgrade directly to C6 from C4.  You'll want to find that magazine if you can.

Quote - So, if you have Carrara 4, make sure you upgrade now, as there won't be any upgrades to version 6 from anything older than Carrara 5.

You can read the whole post here: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=61943

More stuff than you can keep track of? Try the free Poser Download Tracker.

TOXE ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 2:45 AM

It seems hard to find that magazine here... I havent found no used version of C5 on Ebay or something.

-TOXE

mmoir ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 7:50 AM

Hey TOXE, 

Nice to see you here again.   Could you not join the Platinum club for just one month, I know this is an accepted thing to do  to be able to buy something like Carrara at a reduced rate.  I don't know the ins and outs of Daz but if Carrara is still on sale this should work.  Hey you could even ask Daz for a Competitive upgrade price from Lightwave.

Cheers,
Mike

TOXE ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 8:05 AM

Hi Mike!

i'm always receiving emails about this forum, Carrara was my first love in 3d apps... It's nice to see "old" friend still here. Thanks for the advices. In some way i'm sure i'll be able to upgrading with a good price...

TOXE

mykyl ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 8:50 AM

It seems crazy that you cant upgrade from carrara 4 especially as Carrara 5 is free on a mag. I dont know if they would allow you to register Carrara 5 Standard without the magazine. (It is a link on the Daz webpages you need to go to. It generates a registration numer for C5 standard. Probably not leagl though.) 

If you get no joy give me a shout as I have a copy of Carrara 5 standard (bought and never upgraded to 6) and also a free copy I got through the registration through that magazine.

email to contact me is mykyljjr 'at' googlemail 'dot' com.

Cheers

Mike R

TOXE ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 8:55 AM

At the end, the magazine option don't work... The italian distributor sell Carrara5 pro (upg from C4pro) at 169 and the upgrade from the copy in the magazine is 300. So, i need to spend 169+169=338 for regular boxed upgrade (5 and 6) and 300 if i found the magazine. Mmmh it's to much for me in both situations. I'm sorry but it seem that Daz is maybe the one in 3d that have this beahavior regarding prices and upgrading. If you are for a year in a deserted isle, when you have the fortune to come back home you've lost your opportunity to upgrade your software at a convenient price!

-TOXE

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.