Sat, Sep 21, 11:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser 7 into C6 without Transposer?

graylensman ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 2:08 PM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 3:06 PM

Anyway to do this without Transposer? All I'm looking to do is bring figures into Carrara, and maybe animating in Carrara as well. Thanks.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 2:52 PM

bring 'em in from their imported runtimes, as cr2 files. content tab near bottom of screen. the c6pro runtime may already be in there. it's got several cr2 files in it.

graylensman ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2007 at 8:27 AM

Ssorry to be a pain, but....

I clicked on the Content tab in the Browser. i selected add Runtime from the menu on the right. I get the dialog box that asks to choose the runtime I want to add. It defaults to the Poser 7 application folder, with the Runtime folder highligted.

But I rummage around in the folders inside the Runtime folder, and i don't find any cr2 files to import. Am I looking in the right place, or is there something i need to do with my figures in Poser 7 first?

thanks for you help!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2007 at 12:31 PM

that sounds bad. it didn't happen like that for me, with any of the runtimes. somebody told me to unzip all of 'em (obz to obj, crz to cr2) but I found it didn't matter. post a screen shot of the figures folder of the imported P7 runtime as it appears in content browser. p.s. one of the fixes they alleged for c6pro 6.02 was that P7 pz3 files work better in transposer, but I haven't tried it.

graylensman ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 3:45 PM

Miss Nancy, sorry to take so long getting this posted. Here's a screen grab of the "Please find runtime" dialog. There's nothing in there that Carrara allows me to open. I'm open to any ideas...

graylensman ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 3:46 PM

file_391714.jpg

Let's try that again.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 5:17 PM

Hi Graylensman, Just accept the top level of the run. Carrara will find everything else and will populate the Browser with the figures you need. Mark

graylensman ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 8:00 AM

Oh. Well, that was easy. :P thanks!

coocooFORcocoapuffs ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 10:46 PM

Hi, i am designing a stage for a show next week in Carrara Pro 6, and want to place some characters on the stage to show scale. I have the poser 7 runtime attached in browser and have these problems with adding figures:

1. the scale is way off, not really a problem but is there a way to control pre-import? or quickly scale to match another reference figure already in?
  2. if i create a posed figure using poser, save it to my runtime library, then add to cp6, the figure comes in all scrambled, looking like something scary from Spiderman 3. But just figures where clothes have been added it seems.

Well, as always, help appreciated!

Example below of prob #3, with Sydney G2 with clothes/hair props, and Simon, stock.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.