Sun, Sep 22, 4:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Spadefish W.I.P.

Izuel ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 9:05 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:24 PM

sfish.jpg im trying to improve the color scheme in particular. Suggestions?

litst ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 8:56 AM

Very nice look ! The materials are good, except maybe the one on the mouth . Did you model it ? litst

Izuel ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 10:55 AM

Yea, i modeled the body as a spline and converted it into a vertex. Then i separated the tail fin mesh and the body mesh to shade them differently. The small fins and mouth are just "magnetized" spheres. The large fins are splines.

Izuel ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 11:33 AM

sfish2.jpg Changed the colors and did some tweaking on the large fin models.

litst ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 11:35 AM

Great modelling too, then :) The spline and vertex modellers can work together pretty well . Except the fact that you can import a silhouette in .ai, you can also model things in spline that would be impossible to model in vertex, and then convert them to vertex for editing . Keep us updated on your fish ! litst

litst ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 11:39 AM

Can you read my mind ? I say "keep us updated", and when i hit "post", there is already an update ! :) Nice new shading BTW . In fact, i like the two kind of colors . litst

AzChip ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2001 at 12:41 PM

Very nice model. Colors are great, too. If you're planning on animating this and converting it to a television signal (NTSC for you, since you're in Texas, as I recall), the pattern on the body might be too fine and cause a moirre pattern. But if you're just using him for pretty pictures, no problem!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.