Mon, Oct 21, 11:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: So how is V6i these days?

NightVoice ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 5:43 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:25 PM

Greetings all!

I haven't been around inquite some time.  Hope all has been well.  So many new names since I left.  I have been out of the 3d world since my comp could no longer handle the scenes I wanted to make.  So I got frustrated and gave my self some time away (and time to save up for a new comp ;) ) Now I am eager to create once again.

When I left, v6i was just released.  Things were not looking good.  It was buggy/importing seemed messed up and it seems as if people were unhappy with it in general.  I figure plenty of time has passed for bug fixes to come out and for everybody to get used to the program.

So I am wondering how is V6I these days?  Pretty stable without major crashes?  Were all the fancy new features pretty easy to use and lived up to expectations?  Has the importing of files been cleaned up and is working better?  Hoping to get back into this and just want to see what people feel of the product.   Is it as amazing as we hope it would be when we saw the demo reels.  Not big in the animation side of things, I still will only be using it for still images.

Thanks!

FrankT ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 6:42 PM

it's up to 6.5 and for me it's working great.  Poser import does still freak out for some people but I've never had a problem - still needs shed loads of RAM if you want to use the poser shader tree/repose thingie (which I don't)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 11:01 PM

yep - i agree with that. It works fine depending what you want to do with it. still has some problems though. eg you may have to scale some of your old materials in your ecos for example. love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Kaji ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 1:19 AM

xStream is flaky as hell in Cinema 4D. It has a high tendancy to crash and eat my c4d files. In standalone mode it does wierd things like removing textures when you click the save camera button.

I'm stuck with it, but I love the results so I put up with the annoyances. :closedeyes:

madmaxh ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 2:54 AM

I have no real complaints with V6I. Sure, it crashes from time to time, but I long ago acquired the habit of saving often. Over time, you'll learn the quirks. The best part is that the render engine is rock solid, and if you have the juice, you can execute ridiculously ambitious scenes.

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 3:29 AM

Since upgrading my 'puter I've had no "real" problems with 6.5 only some minor shader tree problems which can be sorted by assigning Vue materials!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Cheers ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 4:16 AM

Quote - Since upgrading my 'puter I've had no "real" problems with 6.5 only some minor shader tree problems which can be sorted by assigning Vue materials!

For me that is a REAL problem...I want to be able to use the materials that I feel I require, not what the software dictates through its bugs.
Just the act of saving a file I am working on can screw the textures up in Vi 6.5, so even saving often has its risks.

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 4:30 AM

Yes I agree with you, what I meant was compared to the problems I was getting before. I think the point I was trying to make [badly!] is that Vue6 "NEEDS" a top spec computer in order for you to do what you want, how you want.
The OP's comment about why he/she left could still be valid if their computer isn't a really good spec!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

NightVoice ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 3:06 PM

Thanks all.  Glad to hear that for the most part, things are good. :)  Thanks again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.