Tue, Oct 22, 3:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Ooooookay....maybe I'm stupid...

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 1:14 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:30 AM

...(of course I am).... am trying to use V4 to create a dwarf like figure, but do not find x,y, Z scale dials for individual body parts, only for whole body, which just gives me a smaller V4. What the hey? Am I overlooking something? did I do something wrong with my installation? perplexed Scarab

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 3:37 AM · edited Sat, 27 October 2007 at 3:37 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_391889.jpg

Something like this??

V4 on right as dwarf, V3 on left [as you look]

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

MegaJax ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 3:53 AM

file_391893.jpg

Only some of V4's body parts have their own scale dial such as the abdomen,  thighs, hip, forearms, shins and shoulders other body parts such as the head, feet and hands have a size morph dial

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 4:51 AM

there is a free pz2 available that brings head scale dials back love esther PS they r just hidden at the moment.,

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 5:27 AM

The dials are there, just hidden as Esther says.
http://www.david.eaton.ukgateway.net/RevealScaleDials.zip

My Freebies

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 7:41 AM

Uhhhh....so how do I unhide them? S.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 7:50 AM

Use the zip that pjz gave the link to :-)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 10:45 AM

Also you can scale one side with the direct manipulation tool or whatever it is called and then copy that side to the other side.

schtumpy ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 2:32 PM

The unhide dials script is golden.  I picked it up a couple months back and is too great for words, especially with V4 who has so many hidden dials.

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 5:23 PM

Use the zip that pjz gave the link to :-)< ....duh! I know the title of my thread was ..."maybe I'm stupid" ......didn't expect to prove it literally..... thanks guys! Scarab

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 5:35 PM

lol

Hey, you know what else we need?

ExpandByAPercentageTheV4DefaultMinMaxSettingsFromTheirWeakAssDazFactoryPosition.py

Dear Daz, 
We are adults. We can be responsible for overdialing. Your factory settings for min/max are too conservative. Yes I know you can double click on the dial and change the min/max and the sensitivity, whoopie!  But we have no way to reset all dials min/max en masse.

Also, these min/max settings carry over to Carrara sliders, and are not adjustable there. Thought you might be interested in that little fact.

Your friend,
::::: Opera :::::

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 7:43 PM

i'm sure they love it when the hair dials have hidden scaling and translation because then you have to buy the same hair again for your new character if you are a newbie poser user. love esther

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 8:22 PM

Wait a minute...stuff is hidden? Why? Is this in V3 too?

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 8:55 PM

dial min/max defaulted with too much constriction....

Wait a minute...stuff is hidden? Why? << ....

Daz as the your strict momma?

They probably rate "less grief from newbies stumbling on risky functions" as more desireable than "experienced users missing out on additional subtleties."

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 9:03 PM · edited Sat, 27 October 2007 at 9:04 PM

Wow. Just when I feel I finally have a grasp on this program...

there's always something else!

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 9:19 PM

It's done for various reasons - for example it's really easy to screw up your V3/SP3 figure if you go twiddle morph dials on individual body parts - and there are other dials the user is NEVER meant to twiddle, e.g. Joint Controlled Morphs.  DAZ decided to hide these dials in V4 to keep people from jacking up their own work.  IMO it's a good change, the people who really want to un-hide the dials can do so easily as discussed - the people who would tend to screw up their figure are protected from doing so.

My Freebies

Seliah ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 9:28 PM

There's also animation reasons for dial limits as well... but yeah, I would have MUCH preferred the dials not hidden like that. Or at least a pose setting or some sort of library setting that would unhide them enmasse. grabs zip LOL

~ Seliah

dasquid ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 7:32 AM

Speaking of hiding and limits on V4  there are a few that kind of irk me because they are locked  to have no negative function or they dont go all the way to 1.0 or they stop at 1 and theres times that i need just a bit more or less but because of those stop/locks i cant get it.

anyone know if theres a way to take out the break/lock/stops on V4's morph dials?

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 7:46 AM

if you have poser 7 it's very easy. Love esther

dasquid ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 8:04 AM

Quote - if you have poser 7 it's very easy. Love esther

I do have poser 7 care to explain?

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 8:12 AM

go to window menu and tick parameter dials so you can see them (well u have done this bit already i think). not a little arrow on theright side of each dial. well prepare to be very happy when you choose settings and can now adjust max and min limits. see where u can split morphs too! love esther

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 10:02 AM

Also you can dial your morph and spawn a new morph dial for it then delete the old one.

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 1:46 PM

Hey dasquid you have to read my posts!

you can double click on the dial and change the min/max and the sensitivity <<

dasquid ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 3:02 PM

Thanks guys I guess for some reason i was not  adding two and two and getting four I never associated that window that came up when I accidently doubleclicked a dial with what i wanted to do lol.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.