Sun, Oct 6, 6:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: P5 Startup problems

DSQRD ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 11:50 AM · edited Sun, 25 August 2024 at 9:31 AM

I need some advice.
I am running Poser 5 and in a previous session I created a dynamic cloth prop. It worked great. I then saved my poser file to my D: drive and I expected the dynamic prop info to be saved there as well. When I checked the .DYN file was in the same directory as the PZ3 file.
So far so good.
I come back the next day,start up poser and I get an error that the cloth prop cannot be found.
Everything in the PZ3 file is intact, it is only the dynamics that are missing! When I go to the directory that contains the PZ3 file, I find that the .DYN file is still there.

Can anyone explian

1. where poser is expecting to find the cloth prop info. 

Or anything else you know about dynamic clothing files.

Thanks

4blueyes ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2007 at 7:58 AM

From what I remember .dyn file only contains the information about the cloth calculation, not the clothing prop itself. Poser5, particularly sr4, broke the clothroom beyond recognition too, so it might be simply buggy. My guess is that pz3 references your clothing item where it is on your hdd and you could possibly move it somewhere. Best idea would be creating the dynamic cloth prop, saving it to the props library and loading it from there for calculations. This way all object info is stored inside the prop file. At least this is wat I can guess :) Haven't been working with poser5 for ages. Michal 4blueyes

svdl ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 6:23 PM

Poser 5 REQUIRES that you save the dynamic cloth prop to the props library.
If you made the dynamic cloth prop in an external 3D modeler and exported it as .OBJ, it's also important that the filename of the .OBJ does not contain spaces. Somehow P5 doesn't like them.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.