Mon, Sep 9, 6:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: DAZ's 40 free items give-a-way

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 12:11 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 10:30 AM

Including, 4.0 BASE. Sign up to become a Platinum Club member before Oct. 31st and have all these items available for download on Nov. 1st.

If you're already a member, there is 940 items still on sale. Most for under a $1.

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 2:08 PM

dang I wish I had money...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Darboshanski ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 2:51 PM

Quote - dang I wish I had money...;)

Like many of us in the same boat...LOL!!

My Facebook Page

dlfurman ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 3:44 PM

Money!?!?!?
What's that?!?!?
:)

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 5:16 PM

I have most of the 40 items anyway, there were some that tempted me but in the end not enough!!
Anyway I'm off on my hols soon so I need my money for that!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Porthos ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 6:33 PM

The bonus is targeted for newcomers,  not a lot going for loyal members who been there from day one, and who probably bought most of them.

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 6:52 PM
Site Admin

Well, there's several things on there that I could use, so I'm glad I renewed a while back.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 9:48 PM

Quote - I have most of the 40 items anyway, there were some that tempted me but in the end not enough!!

Concurrence!  It is nice that they make these available for free to Platinum members, but I already have most (if not all) of these items.  No advantages there.

What I'd really like to see are more items for less considered figures (Dave, M3, YT, Hiro).  Everyday I check the MP here and Daz and see nothing but V4 this and V3 that.  Ummm, how about straying from the zombie herd and making content for other figures!!!  (note to DAZ and other content creators)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2007 at 12:48 AM

At less than one dollar US for some of those little 3D things which I cannot ever hope to make for myself, yeah, ok, twist my arm, DAZ3D.  Thank goodness I can still wear my old clothes and shoes from several decades ago.

Eternal Hobbyist

Dajadues ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2007 at 3:21 AM · edited Wed, 31 October 2007 at 3:25 AM

I wish you guys would put for PC mumbers in the dang titles.
And, it's most likey the same old items they've been giving away
for years now. To suck people in to blow more wads of cash
for the same old PC club junk.

I read this for nothing. It's not a give-a-way if you have to
pay for membership.

*eyeroll.

dasquid ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2007 at 3:56 AM · edited Wed, 31 October 2007 at 4:00 AM

Quote - I wish you guys would put for PC mumbers in the dang titles.

pay for membership.

*eyeroll.

Um yeah.

Well some people know a value when they see it and anyone willing to  just at the minimum  join monthly for one month gets all this

Millennium Dragon LE
Millennium Dog LE
Millennium Cat LE
Millennium Big Cat LE
Millennium Horse LE
Victoria 4.1 Base
David 3.0
Steph Petite 3.0
Aiko 3.0
Hiro 3.0
the Freak
Michael 3.0 Base
Victoria 3.0 Base
Michael 2.0
Victoria 2.0
the Girl
Millennium Boys
Millennium Girls
Millennium Kids Preschoolers
Millennium Kids Young Teens (Matt & Maddie)
V3 Morphing Fantasy Dress
Eagle 2.0
Millennium Environment
Millennium Beard Bundle
Sheer and Sexy Bundle for V3
Fantasy Creature Bundle
Stonehenge and ruins
Sea Life Pack 1
Millennium Gorilla
Modern Desert Soldier for M3
Medieval Village Smithy
Millennium Baby 3.0
V3 Bikini
Maria Hair
3 Piece Suit for David
Victoria 3 High Heels
Victoria Stephanie's Morphing Trenchcoat
Stormguards
V3 Conforming / Morphing Mertail
Oriental Seasons for A3

Now sure most of us who have been PC members at DAZ for several years already have  all or most of this stuff but   for most people theres at least a couple things they didnt have before.

Im not sure about anyone else but I have definitely gotten my money's worth being a pc member these past few years what with all the good prices for the  software I have bought on top of all the poser content I have bought over the years.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2007 at 10:26 AM · edited Wed, 31 October 2007 at 10:38 AM

Quote - I wish you guys would put for PC mumbers in the dang titles.

pay for membership.

*eyeroll.

Wow. Was that really necessary? Considering most of these things (combined) at their regular prices, would equal more than 29.99...which is the price for one month. All you'd need to do is sign up for one month to get all these things. Consider that, and most would be give-a-ways.

Again, I ask, were the eyerolls and scolding really necessary? Sorry you wasted 1.3 seconds of your life, you'll never get back from reading 4 sentences. I'd return the eyerolls, but I've long since been removed from H.S. I'll just leave you with a, "Have a blessed day" 😄

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2007 at 4:15 PM

I already have most of these, but I am more concerned about OS9 installers.  I am afraid that most of the stuff I haven't purchased is quite old, & I won't be able to install it on my shiny Macbook Pro.

I can't figure out why they can't fix this problem, I have only been griping about it for the past 2 years.

freyfaxi ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 3:12 PM

"I've just gotten the pack..and yes..I already have a lot of what's on there. But I'm not going to complain..there ARE some things I don't have..like Hiro..and some items for V3. Folks tend to forget that DAZ is under NO obligation to give stuff away for free. Also a lot of the stuff they have is 3rd party stuff..and those artists expected to get paid for their work, not to have it given away. So rather naturally, a lot of what Daz gives away is THEIR in-house stuff.  It's also a marketing ploy on their part..if folks have the base models..they are more likely to go out and BUY stuff to go with those models. I've never had any problem with Daz working that way. :)

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 5:18 PM

here's one thing to know about PC....they bill me $8 per month, but then give me a $5 voucher. Now, I went thru a period when I did not buy much from Daz. I wasted a lot of vouchers (they don't carry forward, you have to use them in the current month.)

If it is likely that you will buy something other than PCClub specials during the month, then the cost of being a PC memter is about $36.00 per year because of redeeming the vouchers.

Now, add to that the $1.99 items. Eschewing this opportunity to turn the tables on this thread's rude person, I will instead politely say that there are always a few perfect items in there. So, that's another saving, hard to say how much because some things you really would not have purchased at, say, $12.99, but you go for them at $1.99; so in fact that may not be 'savings', it might be just the opposite! I don't care; salute to Daz for brilliant marketing.

You have to throw in the occasional whopper sale, when even the  $1.99 items are $.89 or $.99 as last week. I picked up a tremendous wardrobe of V4 dresses (all of which I will make dynamic) for a miniscule amount of money. 

I bought 31 items for under a dollar, all of which I truly wanted
I bought 7 PC items not on supersale, so they were 1.99
I splurged on one great full price item, Jeans for V4 16.99
I got FaceShop 3.5 for $41.97

My total bill was $103.00

Since I am a member, I get this bonus pack, and yes I have much of it already. But I've had that 3-piece suit in my wishlist for a year. Plus I really want to make a film set at stonehenge, and now I've got a model; I don't know how accurate and detailed it is yet. I also welcome the Eagle upgrade (I only have 1.0) the trenchcoat and the Mil children and baby.

Yesterday I bought April's great new French Braids (no highlights on the texture) at the introductory price, and with my Novemeber PC voucher my bill was $5.98 for this $21.95 full price item.

It works for me.

::::: Opera :::::

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 5:35 PM

Quote - here's one thing to know about PC....they bill me $8 per month, but then give me a $5 voucher. Now, I went thru a period when I did not buy much from Daz. I wasted a lot of vouchers (they don't carry forward, you have to use them in the current month.)

If it is likely that you will buy something other than PCClub specials during the month, then the cost of being a PC memter is about $36.00 per year because of redeeming the vouchers.

Now, add to that the $1.99 items. Eschewing this opportunity to turn the tables on this thread's rude person, I will instead politely say that there are always a few perfect items in there. So, that's another saving, hard to say how much because some things you really would not have purchased at, say, $12.99, but you go for them at $1.99; so in fact that may not be 'savings', it might be just the opposite! I don't care; salute to Daz for brilliant marketing.

You have to throw in the occasional whopper sale, when even the  $1.99 items are $.89 or $.99 as last week. I picked up a tremendous wardrobe of V4 dresses (all of which I will make dynamic) for a miniscule amount of money. 

Since I am a member, I get this bonus pack, and yes I have much of it already. But I've had that 3-piece suit in my wishlist for a year. Plus I really want to make a film set at stonehenge, and now I've got a model; I don't know how accurate and detailed it is yet. I also welcome the Eagle upgrade (I only have 1.0) the trenchcoat and the Mil children and baby.

Yesterday I bought April's great new French Braids (no highlights on the texture) at the introductory price, and with my Novemeber PC voucher my bill was $5.98 for this $21.95 full price item.

It works for me.

I concur 😄

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 9:47 AM · edited Mon, 05 November 2007 at 9:49 AM

That sale is over. However, if you still want to buy the new FaceShop 3.5, it is selling at Rendo at a new price of $59.95.
For thos who already own FaceShop, there's also a FREE upgrade for FaceShop Pro users at http://www.abalonellc.com/free-upgrade-for-existing-pro-users.html
Laslo

mwafarmer ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 12:58 PM

Quote - here's one thing to know about PC....they bill me $8 per month, but then give me a $5 voucher. Now, I went thru a period when I did not buy much from Daz. I wasted a lot of vouchers (they don't carry forward, you have to use them in the current month.)

It works for me.

I agree. I've been buying the Dream Home every month (-ish) and the savings on those packs alone have covered the cost of membership.

Mike

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 2:01 PM
Site Admin

well, I don't buy a lot of PC stuff these days, but that pile of freebies they just gave away more than paid for my membership so I have no complaints

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 5:26 PM

I joined before the deadline and got a bunch of freebies right away (stuff I didn't have) and now I just finished downloading the bonus pack stuff. True, I had some of it but not much so for me it was a wonderful deal. I'm happy. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.