Sun, Sep 22, 11:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 10:18 pm)

Subject: Need poodle skirt 1950's style for Poser 7

julesart ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2007 at 1:25 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

Hi all, here I am again looking for help again. Everytime I come here you guys have helped me find exactly what I needed. I need to find a 1950's style full skirt with a poodle on it. I found a poodle skirt for Aiko here but it is short not above the knees and full. I will get the set that I found for the socks and saddle shoes but I need the skirt. I have looked everywhere! If you find the style for the skirt I can always add on the poodle in post work. I also need hair in the ponytail style of that time. I found a skirt for Laura but I can't find the saddle shoes. The models can be for Laura or Aiko. I hope you can help. Thanks Jules

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2007 at 1:31 PM · edited Sun, 04 November 2007 at 1:34 PM

If you are a member of the Platinum Club at Daz, you can get this dress for $1.99

http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=1442

You could create a transmap to hide the top portion leaving a portion of the top and all of the skirt.

I am currently working on my website and don't have time to search out anything else right now. But if no one else comes along to offer any other suggestions, I can try and search later today or this evening.

EDIT:  Koz ( http://www.digitalbabes2.com ) has some great free hair, including a high ponytail.

http://117.120.51.129/

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2007 at 1:39 PM
Site Admin

I'm pretty sure Poserworld has a poodle skirt set

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

julesart ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2007 at 1:50 PM

Thanks, I don't know how to create a transmap, I am new to this Poser stuff and I think Poserworld requires membership.

steveshanks ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2007 at 2:07 PM

file_392523.jpg

We do need membership Jules, but just incase you feel like jumping in here is a render of the set, its for Vicky3, Laura or Miki and includes, shoes, Blouse and glasses.........Steve

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2007 at 2:34 PM

Quote - Thanks, I don't know how to create a transmap, I am new to this Poser stuff and I think Poserworld requires membership.

Here is a tutorial on how to make a transmap.

http://www.reddragongraphics.co.uk/1.html

Basically: 

the colour black hides everything making anything it is covering like it's not there

the colour white reveals everything making anything it is covering competely visible

various shades of grey give  a "see through" appearance to whatever it is covering. The amount of "see throughness" depends on the shade of grey. Darker greys are more see through. Lighter greys are less see through)

In the case of the dress, you would make the top part of the transmap black and the skirt part white.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

julesart ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2007 at 2:39 PM

Steve does this set also include the socks?

julesart ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2007 at 3:01 PM

Oh my gosh! This is what I need! It is perfect! This is from Poserworld? If it is I have to think about joining that one now to! Thanks for your help!

julesart ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2007 at 3:02 PM

Thanks for the tutorial, I will try that as well.

julesart ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2007 at 5:40 PM

Hi Steve, I just joined. I am waiting for the confirmation and login info. Thanks everyone for all your help. I downloaded the tutorial and It is going to help me with another project. I got more than I asked for by coming here. You guys are the best. I hope I can help someone as much as you guys helped me.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2007 at 8:56 PM

Gee, that looks like one I used to have. My cuz and I used to wear them to school in the last of the fifties. Hmmm, I think I have a membership there. Gotta check it out. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

steveshanks ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 3:23 AM

Socks are built into the shoes Jules, welcome aboard ;o).........Steve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.