Tue, Oct 22, 10:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: please, can someone help me with shadowcatcher?

bine ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 10:31 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:25 AM

hello,
i have managed to set up a plane with a backdrop map-video. then i give the plane the material shadow catcher. after rendering the plane is catching shadow from the piggy and the red ball as it should be.

www.aafuzzi.org/temp/1.jpg

now i want to add some reflections to the plane. my material settings are shown in the next picture.

www.aafuzzi.org/temp/2.jpg

what i am doing wrong? can somebody help me, please to mix shadowcatching with reflections?

thank you in advance and have a good day.

bine

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 12:26 AM

litst once said that the sum of colour + transparency + reflection + refraction = 1 i.e. if the object has both colour and 100% reflection, this is a violation of the law of optics that pertains.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 6:35 AM

Hi blne, A Shadow Catcher is just what the name says - that's its only function. For the kind of compositing trick you're after, you'll need to do a double render and composite them either in Phototshop or the video editing software of your choice. Create an additional plane and hide the shadow catcher. Turn the plane to black but with reflectivity, then backdrop and background to black. Render and then place this new render under the original pig and ball with it's setting as Screen.

bine ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 7:47 AM

thank you very much, miss nancy and mark,

i will try your tips. 😄

bine

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.