Mon, Sep 9, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: space stations curved corridor

SoulTaker ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 2:04 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 8:58 PM
Online Now!

Hi all. I am working on an image set on a space station, but they don’t have grav plates and use the rotation of the station to give them a feeling of gravity. here’s my problem anyone know how I can bend a corridor floor and walls?. To give you some idea of the look I am going for. I have Frontier Station.SFCS. if that’s any help. If you can help thanks ahead of time. If not thanks for looking.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 2:16 PM

Short of modelling one yourself or dropping an existing model into a modellling app, I can't think of anything.  I'm guessing you're looking for something like the living quarters of Discovery in 2001.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 2:23 PM

Stonemason will probably have something you can use over at Daz, short of that you are going to have to start pushing polygons around I think

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 2:36 PM · edited Tue, 06 November 2007 at 2:38 PM

I have used a hi-res torus primitive and broken it up with grouping so segments can be removed. The floor is derived from a cylinder inverted and end caps removed. Using grating props looks cooler though since cables and pipes would probably run below the floor.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 2:42 PM

Stonemason's Skyline Hall over at DAZ has curved corridors.

mrsparky ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 3:23 PM

Try this one..

Corridor Construction Kit

http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/productdetail.asp?Productid=320

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

SoulTaker ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 4:13 PM · edited Tue, 06 November 2007 at 4:14 PM
Online Now!

thanks looking & for the info all.
btw its the floor that needs to curve up.
thanks anyways
ps i have now found a work around that will do the job

freyfaxi ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 4:12 AM

In   "Real Life"...for the station to be a reasonable size, in order to get up centrifigal (??) force of sufficient strength to generate a reasonable gravity..the station would have to be pretty big..at that size, and curvature in the floor would prob not be all that noticable ??

stallion ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 9:43 AM

Attached Link: Tycho Station

sort of like Poseworks this is a LARGE station

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 6:04 AM

The lower limit on size is connected to the acceleration differences between feet and head. but it would need to be pretty big. What I'd do is make the origin of the object at the centre, place and pose each figure in the default location, parent to the scenery, and rotate the whole. I'm not explaining it well, but there is your local vertical changing with position.

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 10:39 PM · edited Thu, 08 November 2007 at 10:41 PM

a torus would do it; problem is lighting the megilla..I've discovered that lighting enclosed objects is difficult, because it cuts off the basic 3 lights...what I don't know about Poser lighting would fill a Geep University....;)  sounds like the space station in 2001, still...;) there was a site (I think) called strafe something, had almost every 2001 model there was. Try googlin' that...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.