Fri, Sep 20, 10:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Nightwish Cover Art

Thetis ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 8:55 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:27 PM

Any Metal Fans here?

The cover art of the new Nightwish Album (Dark Passion Play) is by Ravnheart and ToxicAngel. Congratulations to the wonderful artworks! Will love the booklet to death.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 9:36 AM

I've never heard of that band. But I did look up the cover art.  Very, very nice!

Cover Art Image

Here is the band's website for that CD

http://www.nightwish.com/en/band/releases/details?id=27

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Thetis ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 10:32 AM · edited Thu, 01 November 2007 at 10:35 AM

Thanks for the links. I have one more:

The artist's page is Inferiart

The Pendulum they used for the front cover is available at Daz3D. I used it in my image "Time Chop". The first moment I saw it, it reminded me of Edgar Allen Poe's story  "The Pit and the Pendulum". The Band's songwriter said, this story inspired him when writing the first song on the album.

stormchaser ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 10:40 AM

This is just so cool!!

Some of the other artwork on the site is really good as well, thanks for the up.

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 2:41 PM

Ooo I rather like Nightwish when I want to listen to something mellow

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 3:08 PM

I do like Nightwish, when is the new  one coming out?

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

Glasswren ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 3:36 PM

Probably not for a while since this one just came out about a month ago.

It does take time. :)

jwiest ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2007 at 1:07 AM

You know...I wondered if it was the DAZ pendulum when it came out.  Awesome art throughout the booklet.

Actually get to see them tomorrow in San Francisco.  Really looking forward to it.  Wish Tarja was still with them, but like Anette's vocals more than I expected to, so hoping for the best at the same time.

John

Thetis ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2007 at 3:36 AM

I will see them on December 29th in Oberhausen. Looking forward to it too.

Tarja was very special and I thought it would be very difficult if not impossible to replace her.  But Anette has a very beautiful clear voice and it seems to work really good with her. I've heard the new Cd lots of times from the first day it came out and I like the new Nightwish sound.

And I think I understand, why they wouldn't choose a classical singer again...

jwiest ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2007 at 9:19 AM

I've heard the new one many times as well and it's grown on me each and every time, so I'm not too worried about the new tunes.  I'm just hoping the change in vocalists on existing songs isn't too jaring to me.  Find out tonight. :)

Hoping to get some pictures (club's camera policy is up to the band's wishes, don't know it yet), I'll certainly post any decent ones I get.

John

Thetis ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2007 at 11:41 AM

Wish you lots of fun!!! :)

Looking forward to the pics.
In summer  06 Bob Dylan played here in Gelsenkirchen. That was the harshest and most restrictive policy I ever experienced. Every Person, bag, rucksack was searched. Absolutely no camera was allowed. My husband helped me use the confusion, I created, when I refused to throw away my water, to smuggle in the camera (and a water bottle). Because the alternative was to walk half an hour back to the car and miss the beginning of the concert. But I didn't use the camera. For one I was much to angry and second we soon saw the security people guiding a man wiith a camera out.

Thank god metal bands are much more friendly and relaxed!

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 10:35 PM

They might be more friendly and relaxed, but not enough to work out for me. :(

I called the club and was told that the camera policy was that nothing with detachable lenses and flashes was acceptable, but all else was good.  So I show up with my Sony DSC-H2 which is fairly hefty, but nowhere near professional quality IMO and was told it wasn't acceptable to the band.  So I've got some images my brother took for me on his Blackberry, but they're not really all that great.  Most are really really blurry.  I might post one or two that are more or less ok...we'll see.  And I have a render idea using my camera as part of the BG. LOL

Awesome show though!  They had a blast as did we.  Only played for about 1 hour 20 minutes though as it took waaay too long to clear and reset the stage after the opener.

John

whoopdat ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 10:41 AM

I had no idea a couple of our folks here did their cover. I've looked at it I can't say how many times and thought I saw one or two things, but never put it all together. Awesome job, simply outstanding.

I saw them this past Sunday with some friends and it was the first I'd been able to see them. I missed them last time they came around (with Tarja still), but this was a great show. There were 2, maybe 3 songs where Tarja's voice was hands down better for the song, but on the whole, great show and great time. I really like Anette and was glad to hear her voice sounds closer to studio than Tarja's (at least on the live recordings I've heard).

Safetyman ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 6:11 PM

I must say, this is one of my favorite bands. I love the melodic vocals (both Tarja and Anette) coupled with the guitars. Really a talented band.

jwiest ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 8:21 PM

Got a shot of the show uploaded in my gallery now.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1557261

I'll second that Anette sounded great.  Never saw Tarja in concert, so can't compare to that, but Anette did really good on the older stuff.  It didn't sound "right" since it wasn't Tarja, but it didn't sound "wrong" either if that makes sense. :)

John

Seliah ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 8:47 PM

Oh, wow. Congrats you two!! 

Yes - adore Nightwish here. Miss Tarja's vocals, but I like Annette's as well. ^_^

• seliah

Thetis ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2007 at 4:16 AM

Thanks for telling your impressions of the concerts!  😄 Can't wait till the end of December, when I will see them in Oberhausen.... I'm really curious how Annette sings the older titles.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.