Sat, Sep 21, 3:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: Too much content in Poser 6?

Phantera ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2007 at 12:54 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:05 PM

Ok, I have been working with Poser 6 a little over a year now and I have a massive amount of content within it.  Well now the program has become quite a bit slower than usual.  I was wondering that if like PSP with too many filters/plugins the large amount of content could be slowing down the program?

Should I reinstall the program? Or will that just put all of the content where it was to begin with?  I want to be able to re add the content I want in the program and leave out the crap I don't want anymore.

Any ideas would be great!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2007 at 1:19 PM

split up content into multiple runtimes.

Phantera ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2007 at 1:20 PM

Will do! Thank you :)

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2007 at 1:37 PM

Quote - I was wondering that if like PSP with too many filters/plugins the large amount of content could be slowing down the program?

Yep, it does affect the speed of the program.

Here is a post I made that covers some options on organization. My personal favourite is multiple external runtimes.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2715607&page=1#message_3088030

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2007 at 2:43 PM · edited Mon, 12 November 2007 at 2:44 PM

From using PSP, I alredy knew about too many addons slowing down the system. I have not one addon  in my Poser 6 runtime. All are on in external runtime. Now I need the tutorial that tells us how to remove the content paradise tab. One was posted at PoserPros by Netherworks, but by the time I got to it, it didn't work.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2007 at 2:52 PM

Quote - From using PSP, I alredy knew about too many addons slowing down the system. I have not one addon  in my Poser 6 runtime. All are on in external runtime. Now I need the tutorial that tells us how to remove the content paradise tab. One was posted at PoserPros by Netherworks, but by the time I got to it, it didn't work.

Try this thread

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2685025

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2007 at 2:56 PM

WOW Acadia...is there a link you DON'T have? LOL You're superwoman!

Thanks!

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2007 at 3:07 PM · edited Mon, 12 November 2007 at 3:08 PM

Quote - WOW Acadia...is there a link you DON'T have? LOL You're superwoman!

Thanks!

I just recalled having seen a thread about that here in the last year or so and searched for "Content Paradise" and there it was :)

Phantera ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2007 at 5:21 PM · edited Mon, 12 November 2007 at 5:22 PM

Quote - > Quote - I was wondering that if like PSP with too many filters/plugins the large amount of content could be slowing down the program?

Yep, it does affect the speed of the program.

Here is a post I made that covers some options on organization. My personal favourite is multiple external runtimes.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2715607&page=1#message_3088030

Thanks!  I was just coming back to ask the best way to do it :) 

Edit to ask: OT. What code do I use to put in my signature here?  I tried bbc and html.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2007 at 5:23 PM

It's HTML

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.