Tue, Sep 24, 9:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:39 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: New Haiku Contest

ezuk ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 11:31 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:24 PM

If there are any haijin (haiku poets) here, you may be interested to know that the third annual Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival Haiku Invitational is accepting submissions until Dec. 19th.  You can find contest information here:

www.vcbf.ca

Just explore the links under the 'haiku' tab.  For those of you wondering about haiku, there are also links that introduce you to the form.   Although it's based in Vancouver, poets from anywhere can submit.

jstro ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 3:17 PM

Thanks. I just submitted one. I won't retire on the winnings, but it would be nice to win. Not too likely, I know. ~jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

ezuk ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 11:36 PM

All I can say is, good luck, Jon!  I too wish that I could make a living writing haiku or sonnets, but that's not to be.  

I remember an old New Yorker story (by Martin Amis, I think) where poetry writers were treated like Hollywood script writers.  The joke was that the writer was going to debut a new sonnet, but the ad people and producers couldn't figure out how to market it.  Still, it would be nice . . .  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.