Thu, Oct 3, 9:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Help needed!! - my second figure loads without head !!! (Nudity)

jenay ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 1:11 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 9:28 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_393393.jpg

Help needed!! - my second figure loads without head !!! I have a scene with one V3, now I want to add a second V3 figure - but the head is lost. I tried a couple of different figures, some custom ones and even V3 blank and V3 Sr2 - the same result. I think it's some strange problem with crosstalk, but have no clue. the scene file is approx. 26 MB in size, no special feature, nor huge textures are loaded. in the hierarchy editor the head is marked as visible.

jenay ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 1:13 PM

file_393394.jpg

I did another test: I loaded a third (custom) V3 figure - the same problem. I also tried a Posetta character: it loads correctly.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 1:21 PM

Hmmm. Weird! Have you checked to see if the head is just invisible by chance? Or is it actually not there?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

jenay ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 1:26 PM · edited Wed, 14 November 2007 at 1:26 PM

file_393396.jpg

yes I checked : the head IS visible (or should so). now I am almost to give up. I did some more tests, to see if a special figure spoils the scene. firs I deleted the belt, second the mask, third the hair and - last - the character itself. Then I loaded two figures - the the effect is even worse: head, neck, breast, abdomen don't load - see pic ... I doubt if there is a solution, but anyway - I don't want to die as a fool ;)

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 1:30 PM

Do you have the SR updates for Poser installed?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

jenay ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 2:01 PM

I am working with Poser 4.03 - yes, I know it's stoneaged ;) it must be a problem with the scene file. I tried and created a fresh new scene and loaded a couple of Vickies - no problem. even with the same characters. now I am using a workoround for said scene: I created and posed my second character separately in a fresh scene - exported it as obj-file and re-imported it again. a bit longwinded, but this approach works. better than fiddeling hours and hours with poser's unknown secret technical obscurities. maybe the poser tech pros have an idea ... thanks for your kind help, acadia :)

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 2:19 PM

poser 4? there was some technique years ago - loading a null figure first. said null figure may still be available here (freestuff).

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 2:25 PM

Nerd3d is one of the names you should look for when it comes to null figures. You'll probably have to scrap that scene & start again as I don't think crosstalk can be fixed in a scene after it's happened.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 2:34 PM

I used to get that .. I think the null figure thing from nerd will help

Tiari ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 2:38 PM

try taking out the second figure, saving the file only with the first.  Close poser, restart computer, load poser then load scene and try loading a second v3.

SWAMP ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 2:43 PM

Another thing for you to try…..

Poser 4 (not ProPack) creates an “.rsr” file in the Geometry folders.
It is very common for this .rsr file to get corrupted causing all sorts of problems such as what you are experiencing.
Use Windows search function on (only) the Geometry folder for “.rsr”, and then delete all of them.
Poser will rebuild each .rsr file with a fresh new one.

Note: This was pretty routine maintenance for Poser 4 and below, but DO NOT delete any .rsr files other than the ones in the Geometry folder.  

SWAMP

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 4:24 PM · edited Wed, 14 November 2007 at 4:29 PM

What SWAMP said rings a bell, I'm sure P4 geometry rsr files are implicated in this.

I used to get this problem in p4. If I remember correctly it happened when a character used 'geomCustom' (geometry stored internally in the cr2), eg when new groupes were created in the figures head. If this is the same problem, try closiong P4, deleting the relivant geometry rsr files, then loading the character with the 'geomCustom' only after all the other characters have been loaded.

I doubt that a NULL Figure would help, but it might be worth a try if nothing else works.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 6:45 PM

I'm actually serious about this, but one time I had some body part stuffed inside another one. did you check the dial settings for the head? just a thought...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

jenay ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 2:14 AM

Hi all - thanks for your answers :) the approach with deleting the rsr file didn't solve the problem. Now I checked the pz3-file and found a geomCustom - section in the figure's head - this could be the explanation. thanks, lesbently. next question: I have no idea where this geomcustom comes from. there is no additional group on the head. next I'll check out the Null-figure ...

lemur01 ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 2:51 AM

I had this problem a couple of years ago, only with the feet... never did find the answer so i'll be watching with interest. Good luck.

Jack

Elfwine ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 4:32 AM

There is a V3 null figure right here: http://www.shininghalf.com/desprit/downloads/

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!  ; )

jenay ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 12:17 PM

thanks - I tried the NULL-figure, but it didn't help. maybe it works only on a fresh scene, as someone mentioned before. ...

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 12:29 PM

zoom out and see if the head is an hundred feet above or below the body. select head and increase scale to 10000% or so.

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 6:37 PM · edited Thu, 15 November 2007 at 6:41 PM

I have had another look at this problem. First, I'm fairly certain that it is the 'geomCustom' that is causing you the problem.

This solution worked for me, and it's quite simple, you don't even need to delete the rsr. If your figure is V3, then just load any V3 character that does NOT contain a 'geomCustom', before you load the character that does contain a 'geomCustom'.

The problem only seems to happen if you load a character that uses a 'geomCustom', then load a character that does not contain a 'geomCustom' afterwards. As long as I loaded a "normal" character first the problem did not happen.

If for some reason of posing or composition you want the character with the 'geomCustom' loaded before the other character, or you don't know which character contains the 'geomCustom', you could just load the default V3 first then hide it (select 'Body', then from the menu bar; Object > Properties > Visible). After that you should be able to load any V3 character you like in what ever order you like.

This worked for me, I can't guarantee it will work for you, but I'm willing to bet a cookie that it will ;)

P.S. This bug only happens in P4 (and perhaps earlier vrsions), later versions are imune.

jenay ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2007 at 7:00 AM

Hi lesbently, thanks for your detailed answer. the problem with the scene is: it is an older scene that I wanted to rework - and it contains just one figure, that V3 with the geomCustom-section. I tried to delete this figure to get a clean scene - and Poser crashed. But your other tip helped :) I loaded the same scene into Poser5, added another V3 figure - and it worked fine :) So finally I can continue my work. thanks to all :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.